Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Why do some people find Kesha attractive/all music mentioned in this thread sucks

Comments

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep

Behemoth's music is lame though, same with slipknot..... yea they have gimmicks. But they don't have any substance (music) behind those gimmicks.

{Upload|5395}
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    hah.... not a fan.

• Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    Wake, the rest of the world disagrees with you. I know that is a little harder for you to grasp at this time, but I'll break it down for you. Our little opinions don't really mean shit to the world. Like me, they like what they like and don't care what anyone else thinks.

since you called me out, i felt I should respond. Yeah I know most of the world doesnt like metal. that is cool for them. I don't think they have shitty tastes in music, they just like different genre's.

Wasn't calling you out as much as responding but it's cool. I'm just pointing out that nobody cares about my opinion but me and nobody cares about your opinion but you. The rest of the world don't even know we're alive.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers

but you just stated you don't like primordial cause of the corspe paint, now your saying your ok with it cause you got owned? lol
    Quote me where I said I didnt like them. I said I hated corpse paint, plain and simply. And that is true... I hate corpse paint. In that picture, it isnt as bad as MOST black metal bands. As I have previously said, being gimmicky isnt always a black or white thing. When band starts feeling gimmicky to me, then I stop liking them as much. Then was never a debate about the musical qualities of primordial.
    I hate corpse paint, period. If a band wears corpse paint then they are saying they are more about a gimmick then their music. You can name bands all day but the answer is always the same... If they wear corpse paint then there is only so much I am willing to tolerate with them. 1349 is another one... gimmick. do we really need to keep going on?
    edited March 2011
    dude.... i've been listening to bloodbath since Nightmares....

they have a gimmick; and they don't try to hide it. That's basically the whole point of the band.

Behemoth's music is lame though, same with slipknot..... yea they have gimmicks. But they don't have any substance (music) behind those gimmicks.

Unlike other bands....... do you have any idea how many bands are out there? literally, MILLIONS!

bands have to do whatever they feel is gonna make them stand out from the bunch..... but at the end of the day, it will always come down to the quality of the music
    maybe I just am not as big of a fan as I thought I was... I had no idea they considered themselves a gimmick. They have never come off that way to me... However they also have never fucking toured the US which pisses me off to no end.

I guess I figured they would be similar to opeth except with better music.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Wake although I agree with alot of what you said about gimmicks and corpsepaint, you did kind of get owned on the bloodbath thing. dude had corpsepaint for real hard, he had eyemakeup and all bro... you did bring up alot of valid points. i personally donnot take bands as seriously that have to dress up for their act, doesnt mean i donnot like them all, i just think that dressing up and makeup is too much of a show, i wanna hear a band take all their time in writing music and playing a great set, noit putting on makeup or costumes. and let me say this again, i donnot dislike all bands that wear makeup.
    I hate corpse paint, period. If a band wears corpse paint then they are saying they are more about a gimmick then their music. You can name bands all day but the answer is always the same... If they wear corpse paint then there is only so much I am willing to tolerate with them. 1349 is another one... gimmick. do we really need to keep going on?
    Yeah exactly. True. that doesnt say anything about me hating Primordial. In fact I stated in there "there is only so much I am willing to tolerate" In the picture posted, that is within my toleration. It is still gimmicky.

I know a gimmicky band can put out good music. I've never fought that either. It just puts me off, that is all.
    Yeah exactly. True. that doesnt say anything about me hating Primordial. In fact I stated in there "there is only so much I am willing to tolerate" In the picture posted, that is within my toleration. It is still gimmicky.

I know a gimmicky band can put out good music. I've never fought that either. It just puts me off, that is all.
    except that right before that i asked if you hated primodial
    your flip-flopping more than john McCain right now
    Wake although I agree with alot of what you said about gimmicks and corpsepaint, you did kind of get owned on the bloodbath thing. dude had corpsepaint for real hard, he had eyemakeup and all bro... you did bring up alot of valid points. i personally donnot take bands as seriously that have to dress up for their act, doesnt mean i donnot like them all, i just think that dressing up and makeup is too much of a show, i wanna hear a band take all their time in writing music and playing a great set, noit putting on makeup or costumes. and let me say this again, i donnot dislike all bands that wear makeup.
    Really this is all the point I am trying to make. I never tried to claim if you put on any makeup then that is it... you are shit. I dont think that. All I was trying to get across is that there is only so much of the costume bullshit that I can take before I start getting turned off. Corpse Paint is a perfect example because most BM bands take it to the extreme like 1349 or Behemoth.... It's fine if you like that bullshit but I personally find it distracting. I'd rather watch those bands without so much bullshit costumes.

except that right before that i asked if you hated primodial
    which is why I answered the way I did. I was never trying to claim all bands that have a gimmick can't make good music. You wanted to bring it down to hating/liking specific bands, and I wanted to pull it back to what we were discussing- Corpse Paint. And in general, most of the time it is over the top, I hate it, and consider it a gimmick.

In debates, it is usually better to stay on topic and focused. You were trying some round about method to prove a point. It isnt a fair debate tactic. It is how girls argue most of the time (and please dont take offense at that ladies... I really dont want to get into that debate right now. Maybe some other time. I really do love you)
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    I can't hear make up or corpse paint though. You guys have good ears.
    Strat said it correctly, it all boils down to whether the music is good or not.
    Arguing over what a band looks like is e-tarded.
    the end justifies the means in a debate
    I can't hear make up or corpse paint though. You guys have good ears.
    Strat said it correctly, it all boils down to whether the music is good or not.
    fucking this
    I can't hear make up or corpse paint though. You guys have good ears. Strat said it correctly, it all boils down to whether the music is good or not. Arguing over what a band looks like is e-tarded.
    I guess. It just sucks when you get stuck watching a band live and you are thinking "dude... why are they acting like retards? uhhh... Why do I like this band again?"
    the end justifies the means in a debate
    disagree.
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    Not going to lie, some of the things bands wear doesn't necessarily make me like them more, but I totally love it. Like Gwar for example, their whole gimmick is hilarious/amazing. I sew and make costumes and stuff, so that's probably why I enjoy the visuals.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    i like added stuff to a stage show. main reason why i like GWAR. music is horrid, but they don't take themselves seriously and its a fun time seeing them live
    I can't hear make up or corpse paint though. You guys have good ears. Strat said it correctly, it all boils down to whether the music is good or not. Arguing over what a band looks like is e-tarded.
    I guess. It just sucks when you get stuck watching a band live and you are thinking "dude... why are they acting like retards? uhhh... Why do I like this band again?"
    maybe you think that. i lol then keep rocking out