Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Why do some people find Kesha attractive/all music mentioned in this thread sucks

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    manyMANY bands have gimmicks
    i dont see a problem
    Yep. And I hate most bands. I actually probably hate 90% of all metal. 90%!!!
    I'm gonna be like you and 1up you. I hate almost all metal. I like maybe 2 bands now. Metal sucks.

lol. two bands! haha. now that is a little excessive don't you think? If there was two metal bands I liked, I dont think I would be hanging out on a metal board debating music.

When I say I hate 90% of metal, that means there are like 100-500 bands I love. the rest cause me pain to listen.

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Hell the fuck no I am not reading what the fuck I'm reading. I thought you were better than that, obviously not.
    I don't like her. :-|
    Fuck you. You listened to both albums. I will go the fuck off on you I swear to Charlie Sheen.

• JeffJeff Posts: 1,164 just the tip
    manyMANY bands have gimmicks
    i dont see a problem
    Yep. And I hate most bands. I actually probably hate 90% of all metal. 90%!!!
    I'm gonna be like you and 1up you. I hate almost all metal. I like maybe 2 bands now. Metal sucks.

lol. two bands! haha. now that is a little excessive don't you think? If there was two metal bands I liked, I dont think I would be hanging out on a metal board debating music.

When I say I hate 90% of metal, that means there are like 100-500 bands I love. the rest cause me pain to listen.

Cause you pain? Really?

and yeah I hate most metal bands. only bands(metal) that I still listen to is Children Of Bodom and Bleeding Through.

also im on a metal forum cause ive been on the mayhem forum since the first week of the original forum in 08 and ozzfest before that, Ive known most of the people here for 2-3 years

and im not debating shit. If you read my comments about music in this thread Im not debating. I'm either stating facts or saying my opinion(and saying it is void here) on a band.

if I really wanted to debate music what I listen to(actual music, not a bunch of assholes with guitars and make up on) would win...if we debated MUSIC. Im not though.

one more thing, go fuck your self. hard.
    KISS has never been metal for one thing. they don't pretend to be metal. the other bands do....
    okay. They are still gimmick rock. and yeah Alice Cooper is a gimmick too. I dont care if others like bands who dress up like retards and have gay sword fights on stage or whatever, but I personally don't. If you are a band that is about your music, and you play your music awesomely, then I might like you. If you play really shitty music but have some lame gimmick to make up for that inadequacy, then I hate you. Even if you play good music but use the gimmick I still hate you. It is distracting and annoying. no thanks.

In that case do you hate Iron Maiden? They use stagr props in their show
    Stage props are an entirely different thing altogether. I don't consider them a gimmick but a part of the stage performance. If Bruce was taking a Eddie with him where ever he went, then I'd say he was annoying as fuck. But a stage prop is just that. It is no different then metallica using fire and lasers....

Basically what I hate is when people make themselves a gimmick. When they need to put on makeup to make them into someone that they aren't. And if their response to that statement is "But I am corpse paint. That is who I am!" then my response would be... "you are totally lame. No you aren't dead. No you arent a zombie. you don't look evil, you look retarded. special. look here comes your short bus now".

Iron Maiden is not a gimmick. They are about the music. And Eddie has been a stage prop that has materialized through the years to enhance the concert performance.

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    KISS has never been metal for one thing. they don't pretend to be metal. the other bands do....
    okay. They are still gimmick rock. and yeah Alice Cooper is a gimmick too. I dont care if others like bands who dress up like retards and have gay sword fights on stage or whatever, but I personally don't. If you are a band that is about your music, and you play your music awesomely, then I might like you. If you play really shitty music but have some lame gimmick to make up for that inadequacy, then I hate you. Even if you play good music but use the gimmick I still hate you. It is distracting and annoying. no thanks.

so you hate immortal and behemoth?

Cause you pain? Really?

and yeah I hate most metal bands. only bands(metal) that I still listen to is Children Of Bodom and Bleeding Through.

also im on a metal forum cause ive been on the mayhem forum since the first week of the original forum in 08 and ozzfest before that, Ive known most of the people here for 2-3 years

and im not debating shit. If you read my comments about music in this thread Im not debating. I'm either stating facts or saying my opinion(and saying it is void here) on a band.

if I really wanted to debate music what I listen to(actual music, not a bunch of assholes with guitars and make up on) would win...if we debated MUSIC. Im not though.

one more thing, go fuck your self. hard.
    Uhhh... I think you took my response the wrong way or something. Don't exactly know where this came from.

I just thought it was funny that you said you only like two metal bands. no reason to take offense. Most people say they love metal, and I've found people are always shocked if I say I hate 90% of all metal but it is true... and it would be true for them too if they thought about all the shitty bands out there. Anyways, I just found it funny that you one uped me.

• laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep

Stage props are an entirely different thing altogether. I don't consider them a gimmick but a part of the stage performance. If Bruce was taking a Eddie with him where ever he went, then I'd say he was annoying as fuck. But a stage prop is just that. It is no different then metallica using fire and lasers....

Basically what I hate is when people make themselves a gimmick. When they need to put on makeup to make them into someone that they aren't. And if their response to that statement is "But I am corpse paint. That is who I am!" then my response would be... "you are totally lame. No you aren't dead. No you arent a zombie. you don't look evil, you look retarded. special. look here comes your short bus now".

Iron Maiden is not a gimmick. They are about the music. And Eddie has been a stage prop that has materialized through the years to enhance the concert performance.

So Iron Maiden having an Eddie video game and comic book is not a gimmick?

Yep. or maybe "Mostly" is a better answer. I have their albums, and they have a couple that are some of the better black metal albums... but in general I really fucking hate their corpse paint gimmick. I don't find it cool or entertaining.

Why is it that more black metal bands can't be more like Samael? Those dudes are cool as fuck and they don't need the fucking gimmick that most back metal bands use.

I don't care if others like gimmicks, I don't. And when a band starts feeling gimmicky to me, then I stop liking them as much as I did.

i call gimmick
    <

I wouldnt say a gimmick, more like selling out.
    Bands that have gimmicks = band that suck so they need people to pay attention to the gimmicks so they dont pay attention to their shitty music.

Yep. or maybe "Mostly" is a better answer. I have their albums, and they have a couple that are some of the better black metal albums... but in general I really fucking hate their corpse paint gimmick. I don't find it cool or entertaining.

Why is it that more black metal bands can't be more like Samael? Those dudes are cool as fuck and they don't need the fucking gimmick that most back metal bands use.

I don't care if others like gimmicks, I don't. And when a band starts feeling gimmicky to me, then I stop liking them as much as I did.
    primordial is one of the best bands out there and Alan Averill wears corpse paint. hate them too?
    I hate corpse paint, period. If a band wears corpse paint then they are saying they are more about a gimmick then their music. You can name bands all day but the answer is always the same... If they wear corpse paint then there is only so much I am willing to tolerate with them. 1349 is another one... gimmick. do we really need to keep going on?
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    Iron Maiden, KISS and Alice Cooper are my top 3 live bands. All 3 use gimmicks and put out great music. My point was to compare gimmick bands that have survived the years with the flavor of the month crap that is out now (Lady Gaga, Keisha, Slipknot). 40 years from now, the IM, KISS and AC will still me talked about, where the fad bands will disappear
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Ed will be the happiest man around, that this thread went in this direction
    Ed will be the happiest man around, that this thread went in this direction
    *Posts went better than expected picture*

Kesha still looks like a whale though, ed.
    Kesha still looks like a whale though, ed.
    You don't get to troll me today.

Iron Maiden, KISS and Alice Cooper are my top 3 live bands. All 3 use gimmicks and put out great music. My point was to compare gimmick bands that have survived the years with the flavor of the month crap that is out now (Lady Gaga, Keisha, Slipknot). 40 years from now, the IM, KISS and AC will still me talked about, where the fad bands will disappear
    Yeah I agree that a gimmick can sometimes really make the concert a very fun event. GWAR for example puts on a fantastic show. So did Manson....

Still that doesnt mean that they are not more about their gimmick then the music. and Ill add to that by saying that if a band is more about the music then a gimmick, then they will put out more meaningful music. I get you like those bands (Iron Maiden is not a gimmick band IMO), but I think that your enjoyment of their shows is skewing your opinion of their musical ability. Like the bands? fine. i dont care. Still doesnt change the fact that I hate gimmicks in music to sell music.