Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Why do some people find Kesha attractive/all music mentioned in this thread sucks

Comments

• Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    alec all that worked for kiss cuz they were the first gimmick, thusly gaining them more popularity cuz gimmick bands were new back then. and the average american listens to shit music so kiss being popular through the years means nothing

No. Just no. The New York Dolls were around before KISS and dressing in make up before KISS. KISS has not been the innovator of anything. They have been successful because millions and millions of other people like them. You don't. KISS has several multi-platinum records. KISS routinely sell out arenas all over the world.
    The average American would tell all of us that our music sux so that argument is also lame. We aren't even a blip on the radar screen for the rest of the country let alone the world.

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    No argument, except that she's not contributed anything to my world.

By the same logic that would make the Beatles the best band in history then. With Madonna, Elvis, Michael Jackson, etc. in tow.
    KISS has survived 40 years. When The others have been around that long I'll entertain the idea that they are "better", but until then keep on hatin'.

Yeah.... but The Beatles are one of the greatest bands in history.

anyways, I dont really have a problem with KISS success. I dont think it is deserved but whatever. good for them.
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    I hate corpse paint, period. If a band wears corpse paint then they are saying they are more about a gimmick then their music. You can name bands all day but the answer is always the same... If they wear corpse paint then there is only so much I am willing to tolerate with them. 1349 is another one... gimmick. do we really need to keep going on?
    then you have a shitty shitty taste
    lol. no, I actually have really good tastes in music. I prefer bands that don't need to use gimmicks to sell music. If you are going to claim I have shitty tastes in music then that means you hate the following bands cause they are some of my favorites (aka gimmick-free-metal)

Bloodbath, Death, Carcass. At The Gates, Morbid Angel, Bolt Thrower, Samael, Gojira, Cephalic Carnage, Pantera, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Tool, Obituary, Suffocation, Spawn Of Possession, Aborted, Atheist, STL/Townsend, Meshuggah, Necrophagist, Porcupine Tree, Iron Maiden, Lamb Of God

^there. That is a good sample of the type of music I like. Not a conclusive list, just something quick off the top of my head.
    LAWL.... bloodbath has a gimmick dude.
    what is the gimmick of bloodbath? if bloodbath has a gimmick then probably ever DM band does
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    I hate corpse paint, period. If a band wears corpse paint then they are saying they are more about a gimmick then their music. You can name bands all day but the answer is always the same... If they wear corpse paint then there is only so much I am willing to tolerate with them. 1349 is another one... gimmick. do we really need to keep going on?
    then you have a shitty shitty taste
    lol. no, I actually have really good tastes in music. I prefer bands that don't need to use gimmicks to sell music. If you are going to claim I have shitty tastes in music then that means you hate the following bands cause they are some of my favorites (aka gimmick-free-metal)

Bloodbath, Death, Carcass. At The Gates, Morbid Angel, Bolt Thrower, Samael, Gojira, Cephalic Carnage, Pantera, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Tool, Obituary, Suffocation, Spawn Of Possession, Aborted, Atheist, STL/Townsend, Meshuggah, Necrophagist, Porcupine Tree, Iron Maiden, Lamb Of God

^there. That is a good sample of the type of music I like. Not a conclusive list, just something quick off the top of my head.
    LAWL.... bloodbath has a gimmick dude.
    {Upload|5393}
    Wake, the rest of the world disagrees with you. I know that is a little harder for you to grasp at this time, but I'll break it down for you. Our little opinions don't really mean shit to the world. Like me, they like what they like and don't care what anyone else thinks.

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    No argument, except that she's not contributed anything to my world.

By the same logic that would make the Beatles the best band in history then. With Madonna, Elvis, Michael Jackson, etc. in tow.
    KISS has survived 40 years. When The others have been around that long I'll entertain the idea that they are "better", but until then keep on hatin'.

Yeah.... but The Beatles are one of the greatest bands in history.

anyways, I dont really have a problem with KISS success. I dont think it is deserved but whatever. good for them.
    i disagree, not good for them. theyre money grubin pathetic sell out hacks who are full of shit. fuck em i hope they go broke. they are like the old ugly ass jew form of the kardashians
    what is the gimmick of bloodbath? if bloodbath has a gimmick then probably ever DM band does
    Gore!

....and yeah, a lot of DM bands are just as gimmicky as BM bands.
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    Kiss never sold out, they were always hungry for money.
    Nola your wish has been denied.

They are wealthier than we'll ever dream of being. Never gonna change that either with millions of fans eagerly awaiting whatever turd they happen to drop.

Get over it or you'll just get nola.
    i would also like to add that wake is pretty shallow if a bands image interferes with him appreciating their music.
    okay... so you are claiming that if a band had a gimmick like the following picture but played exactly like Primordial, then you would be at their shows, front and center, wearing the biggest rainbow shit you could find? Is that what you are saying?

No. They sell out every night according to Gene.
    hahaha and pussaez
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep

No. They sell out every night according to Gene.
    In that sense yes.
    i would also like to add that wake is pretty shallow if a bands image interferes with him appreciating their music.
    okay... so you are claiming that if a band had a gimmick like the following picture but played exactly like Primordial, then you would be at their shows, front and center, wearing the biggest rainbow shit you could find? Is that what you are saying?

no band in metal has a music/image gap that extreme
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip

I totally would!

And the Wiggles are the shit.

Gore!

....and yeah, a lot of DM bands are just as gimmicky as BM bands.
    I disagree. I don't think Gore qualifies as a gimmick.

^yeah, that sure looks gimmicky /s. Pa-lease.
    its only not a gimmick cause it would hurt your argument