Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Why do some people find Kesha attractive/all music mentioned in this thread sucks

Comments

• Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    why not? kiss belongs in there

Because KISS's "gimmick" has worked for over 40 years. They have become very very wealthy from that "gimmick". The problem with calling them a "gimmick" band is the fact they are as successful as they are. The other bands you listed can only hope they do half of what KISS has done.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Britney used to be pretty sexy now not so much.
    dude, catz posted a bomb ass recent pic of Britt, she looks so fly...

{Upload|5388}

imo she still looks smokin hott.

• AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Britney used to be pretty sexy now not so much.
    dude, catz posted a bomb ass recent pic of Britt, she looks so fly...

{Upload|5388}

imo she still looks smokin hott.

She does look pretty sexy in those pictures.
    yeah, she definately got her shit together.
  • JeffJeff Posts: 1,164 just the tip
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Nolametal...would you also put Alice Cooper in that category?
    alice cooper actually writes good songs, he is prob the only 'gimmick' type person that is actually a great artist behind all the crap.

kiss has one good song, Beth, the rest is garbage sold to 12 year olds
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    alice cooper actually writes good songs, he is prob the only 'gimmick' type person that is actually a great artist behind all the crap.

If KISS seriously only wrote one good song, do you think they could have lasted 38 years? they still sell out arenas and are still in demand. people know their songs word for word. that is more than a gimmick
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip

If KISS seriously only wrote one good song, do you think they could have lasted 38 years? they still sell out arenas and are still in demand. people know their songs word for word. that is more than a gimmick
    a gimmick has nothing to do with being successful
    I like how a kesha thread turned into a KISS thread.

a gimmick has nothing to do with being successful
    but comparing the flavor of the month gimmick for Slipknot and Mushroonhead to KISS was the point i was trying to make. They are not in KISS's league and should not be compared to them
    I like how a kesha thread turned into a KISS thread.
    it will turn back into Keisha once Ed logs in

• ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    manyMANY bands have gimmicks
    i dont see a problem
    imageimage
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    KISS has never been metal for one thing. they don't pretend to be metal. the other bands do....
    okay. They are still gimmick rock. and yeah Alice Cooper is a gimmick too. I dont care if others like bands who dress up like retards and have gay sword fights on stage or whatever, but I personally don't. If you are a band that is about your music, and you play your music awesomely, then I might like you. If you play really shitty music but have some lame gimmick to make up for that inadequacy, then I hate you. Even if you play good music but use the gimmick I still hate you. It is distracting and annoying. no thanks.

i dont see a problem
    Yep. And I hate most bands. I actually probably hate 90% of all metal. 90%!!!
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers

she doesn't "have it" anymore?
    i dont see a problem
    Yep. And I hate most bands. I actually probably hate 90% of all metal. 90%!!!
    I'm gonna be like you and 1up you. I hate almost all metal. I like maybe 2 bands now. Metal sucks.

but comparing the flavor of the month gimmick for Slipknot and Mushroonhead to KISS was the point i was trying to make. They are not in KISS's league and should not be compared to them
    I guess. I wasnt comparing them based on their music, nor the record/merchandising sales. I was comparing them because they all rely on a gimmick to make sales. Do they not? Do you really believe Kiss would be where they are today without a gimmick? You are such a liar or completely blinded by your band if you say they would.
    KISS has never been metal for one thing. they don't pretend to be metal. the other bands do....
    okay. They are still gimmick rock. and yeah Alice Cooper is a gimmick too. I dont care if others like bands who dress up like retards and have gay sword fights on stage or whatever, but I personally don't. If you are a band that is about your music, and you play your music awesomely, then I might like you. If you play really shitty music but have some lame gimmick to make up for that inadequacy, then I hate you. Even if you play good music but use the gimmick I still hate you. It is distracting and annoying. no thanks.

In that case do you hate Iron Maiden? They use stagr props in their show