Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Why do some people find Kesha attractive/all music mentioned in this thread sucks

Comments

• fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    Iron Maiden, KISS and Alice Cooper are my top 3 live bands. All 3 use gimmicks and put out great music. My point was to compare gimmick bands that have survived the years with the flavor of the month crap that is out now (Lady Gaga, Keisha, Slipknot). 40 years from now, the IM, KISS and AC will still me talked about, where the fad bands will disappear

slipknot is not a fad band....like them or not, they have been in the public eye for 10plus years now
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    just because a band relies on a gimmick to make sales, doesn't mean they will be a fad. I agree that slipknot has proven they arent a fad. they have also proven that they are a shitty band, but that is a different debate altogether :-))
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    All Hope Is Gone(the song) showed me they can actually play though, other than that I have never been impressed with anything they have done.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    edited March 2011
    wake, i really agree with you when you say you only like 10% of metal bands
    *brofist*
    imageimage
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited March 2011
    I hate corpse paint, period. If a band wears corpse paint then they are saying they are more about a gimmick then their music. You can name bands all day but the answer is always the same... If they wear corpse paint then there is only so much I am willing to tolerate with them. 1349 is another one... gimmick. do we really need to keep going on?
    then you have a shitty shitty taste
    i dont see why corpse paint is needed
    i agree, its a gimmick
    imageimage
    wake, i really agree with you when you say you only like 90% of metal bands
    *brofist*
    :) do you mean hate? Cause I hate 90% of metal and only like maybe 10%. I'm a music snob. \m/

its a gimmick but it normally doesn't define a band ( immortal it does)

most of these bands produce awesome music and the paint just adds to their image like primoridal, its not what defines them unlike shit bands like slipknot.
    whoopsie
    mah bayd
    ill edit
    imageimage
    its a gimmick but it normally doesn't define a band ( immortal it does)

most of these bands produce awesome music and the paint just adds to their image like primoridal, its not what defines them unlike shit bands like slipknot.
    but it doesnt define slipknot
    if you saw corey taylor or joey jordison without their masks youd know its them
    also, if you heard coreys voice on a song, youd know its him
    imageimage
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    Slipknot's masks were to look cool, we all know how the late 90s were.
    edited March 2011
    the point is the gimmicks work for those bands because their music is strong enough to stand on its own. slipknots can't
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Ed still doin the happy dance
    but they can...
    people wouldnt even know who nergal was if they didnt see him with his makeup
    idk shane, i think they could do without the gimmick if you say their music is strong enough to stand on its own
    maybe they should try and prove that
    imageimage
    I hate corpse paint, period. If a band wears corpse paint then they are saying they are more about a gimmick then their music. You can name bands all day but the answer is always the same... If they wear corpse paint then there is only so much I am willing to tolerate with them. 1349 is another one... gimmick. do we really need to keep going on?
    then you have a shitty shitty taste
    lol. no, I actually have really good tastes in music. I prefer bands that don't need to use gimmicks to sell music. If you are going to claim I have shitty tastes in music then that means you hate the following bands cause they are some of my favorites (aka gimmick-free-metal)

Bloodbath, Death, Carcass. At The Gates, Morbid Angel, Bolt Thrower, Samael, Gojira, Cephalic Carnage, Pantera, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Tool, Obituary, Suffocation, Spawn Of Possession, Aborted, Atheist, STL/Townsend, Meshuggah, Necrophagist, Porcupine Tree, Iron Maiden, Lamb Of God

^there. That is a good sample of the type of music I like. Not a conclusive list, just something quick off the top of my head.
    but they can...
    idk shane, i think they could do without the gimmick if you say their music is strong enough to stand on its own
    behemoth's could stand on its own if the band completely dropped the entire stage image, i have no doubt about that.
    i dont see why corpse paint is needed
    i agree, its a gimmick
    Samael is proof that black metal doesnt need corpse paint.
    im sure they could but id walk up and be 'who are these people?'
    meaning, if you saw them on the street you wouldnt know who they are
    at least i wouldnt
    imageimage
    yup, you do have bad tastes wake cause a lot of them are horrible, maiden being the worst.
    but they can...
    behemoth's could stand on its own if the band completely dropped the entire stage image, i have no doubt about that.
    I agree. And it would make me like them more.