Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Illinois abolishes the death penalty

Comments

• GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner
    For the ignorant moron known as Bianca, You say you don't value human life but I guarantee you if you had a gun to your head and about to be killed or it was happening to a family member you would for sure value human life.

now for the death penalty shit, another reason its kind of dragged out is because theres this little thing known as the constitution. it makes it so all Americans have the right to a fair trial, which includes the appeals process after being sentenced. Nobody wants to die on death row so they appeal it, even if they know they are guilty they will still appeal it until they cant anymore. it drags out their life a little bit longer which is all they want. most of em anyway.

and legalizing weed wouldnt really help prisons ad almost all weed related cases the guilty person serves less than a year, which means they stay in county jail(most of the time) unless its a ton of weed then they might get a few years in prison.
    ALL DRUGS NEED TO BE LEGALIZED THAT WOULD HELP ALOT

I'm sorry, but I really don't want to be around people who are on hard drugs in public. @-)
    WHY NOT IF THEY CAN AFFORD THEIR HABIT THEY WOULD NOT CAUSE ANY PROBLEMS AND THEN THEY WOULD OD AND DIE WOOP WOOP :)
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    The hard drugs issue is one I've been thinking about for quite awhile, and while Gultch may be a little over the top with how he words it, there is a fairly good point to be made from what he's saying.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    rapists should be put through the death penalty. except they shouldn't get the nice sedation shit that allows them to sleep through the process.
    id kinda like to see the noose brought back for such cases
    imageimage
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Drug ordeals shouldn't send you to prison imo. Even if you're on the trade, you shouldn't go to prison. The argument I've heard against this is because you're fucking someone's life over. Big fucking deal! It's THEIR choice to do so... not yours.
    I love winning with women
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip

ITS NOT A GOOD IDEA ITS A GREAT IDEA

THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH DRUGS ALL OF THEM IS COST

IF IT WAS DIRT CHEAP THEN THE METH HEADS WOULD NOT HAVE TO ROB AND STEAL TO GET THEIR FIX

NOT TO MENTION THAT THEY WOULD KILL THEM SELFS WITH THEIR DRUGS OF CHOSE

ALL DRUGS LEGAL WAY LESS PEOPLE IN PRISON AND WAY WAY CORPSES IN THE GRAVE

WIN WIN
    WHAT?

{Upload|4256}
    rapists should be put through the death penalty. except they shouldn't get the nice sedation shit that allows them to sleep through the process.
    8th amendment

THEY SHOULD BEAT THEM WITH A BASE BALL BAT WITH NAILS POUNDED THROUGH IT
    animal abusers should be thrown in lava
    imageimage
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    you know... in countries that legalized all drugs, drug use among locals has plummeted. And tourism and drug use among tourist has sky rocketed.

ITS NOT A GOOD IDEA ITS A GREAT IDEA

THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH DRUGS ALL OF THEM IS COST

IF IT WAS DIRT CHEAP THEN THE METH HEADS WOULD NOT HAVE TO ROB AND STEAL TO GET THEIR FIX

NOT TO MENTION THAT THEY WOULD KILL THEM SELFS WITH THEIR DRUGS OF CHOSE

ALL DRUGS LEGAL WAY LESS PEOPLE IN PRISON AND WAY WAY CORPSES IN THE GRAVE

WIN WIN
    WHAT?

{Upload|4256}

I KNOW ITS HARD TO TAKE IN
    BUT JUST GO TO AMSTERDAM WHERE DRUGS AND PROSTITUTION ARE LEGAL
    THEIR CRIME RATE IS SO LOW ITS CRAZY
    EVERY BODY JUST DOES THEIR THING
    Here is prolly where we will agree more than on any topic.

While I may not want them to be actually thrown in lava, I'm a huge proponent for stricter animal laws.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    we need to institute eye for and eye in some situations in this country. people need to fear being caught breaking the law, until then crime will never be curbed in this country

Get caught stealing? we cut off one of your fingers.
    Rape someone? Tie you to a wall and let Bubba go to town.
    Shoot someone? Let the person who you shot (if they lived) shoot you in both feet.

UNLESS THEY KILL DOLPHINS THEN THEY SHOULD BE AWARDED A COMMENDATION
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    i see your point on the drugs, gulch.. but when an addict doesn't have their drug, they will do whatever it takes to get it. including robbing me and possibly killing me. they can sit in jail kthx.
    true. except it is their being illegal that makes more people addicts. legalize it and all of a sudden drug use and addicts plummet.

8th amendment
    and I give a fuck why? that's my opinion.
    Chill Dayna, I'm not getting upset, but you have to understand why we could never allow such a thing to happen.
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    edited March 2011

I KNOW ITS HARD TO TAKE IN
    BUT JUST GO TO AMSTERDAM WHERE DRUGS AND PROSTITUTION ARE LEGAL
    THEIR CRIME RATE IS SO LOW ITS CRAZY
    EVERY BODY JUST DOES THEIR THING
    I dunno, man. I don't think I could handle a loved one getting addicted to hard drugs, and then me not being able to do anything about it because it's legal, y'know?

And prostitution definitely needs to be legalized and regulated.
    i see your point on the drugs, gulch.. but when an addict doesn't have their drug, they will do whatever it takes to get it. including robbing me and possibly killing me. they can sit in jail kthx.
    true. except it is their being illegal that makes more people addicts. legalize it and all of a sudden drug use and addicts plummet.

Plus you can say goodbye to underground drug dealers.
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    i believe life in prison should be abolished. you should have 5 years to go through your appeals process. at the 5 years mark there should be a panel of judges and Lawyers that review your case all separate and individually. when they convene if they all agree that there is no doubt whatsoever that you committed the crime you should be executed that week. if there is doubt, you should get an additional 5 years to resume your appeals.

That process you describe, based on today's speed, would grant them an additonal 12 years just to get heard.
    DRUGS ARE DIRT CHEAP THE ONLY REASON YOU PAY $100.00 FOR A GRAM OF COKE IS BECAUSE ITS ILLEGAL
    IF IT WAS LEGAL IT WOULD BE LIKE BUYING CIGS
    PLUS VIOLENT OFFENDS ARE JUST VIOLENT PEOPLE
    I KNOW LOADS OF PEOPLE WHO DO DRUGS
    SOME OF THEM ARE VIOLENT SOME ARE NOT ITS ALL ABOUT THE PERSON

UNLESS THEY KILL DOLPHINS THEN THEY SHOULD BE AWARDED A COMMENDATION
    no :(
    imageimage