Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Illinois abolishes the death penalty

Comments

• Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip

i mean 'either way' if i agree with the death penalty because i dont value human life or for some other reason
    That's kinda sad. :(
    cant help it
    too many shitty experiences
    That's why I find it sad. People give you valid reasons to not care about them.

i think there is way too much political correctness. if more people feared getting executed, there would be a lot less crime.....
    {Upload|4250}
  • GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner
    i think there is way too much political correctness. if more people feared getting executed, there would be a lot less crime.....
    WE HAVE A WINNER
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I used to be very much against the death penalty, but in recent years, I've come to approve of it.

From what I've heard, it's much cheaper. Plus, putting myself in a prisoner's shoes... I'd much rather be killed than spend my entire life behind bars.

/input.
    I love winning with women
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    I couldn't disagree more.
    MORE KILLING LESS WHINING ABOUT KILLING
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Plus, putting myself in a prisoner's shoes... I'd much rather be killed than spend my entire life behind bars.
    That's a reason AGAINST the death penalty, not for it....
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    i live in Mass where there is no death penalty. Rapists, child molesters, murderers should all get the death penalty, as long as its proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, they did it.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    Plus, putting myself in a prisoner's shoes... I'd much rather be killed than spend my entire life behind bars.
    uhm, are we reading the same thing..?
    imageimage
    THIS^^^^^^^^^^
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    i believe my idea is a good long term solution for prison overpopulation and costs of housing prisoners
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    How so?
    I love winning with women
    i live in Mass where there is no death penalty. Rapists, child molesters, murderers should all get the death penalty, as long as its proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, they did it.
    And I'll bet youa pretty penny those crimes would still happen regardless as to whether the death penalty is there or not.
    I couldn't disagree more.
    SO IF YOU KNEW YOU WERE GONNA BE KILLED FOR RAPING A LITTLE GIRL IT WOULD NOT DETER YOU?

• JeffJeff Posts: 1,164 just the tip
    For the ignorant moron known as Bianca, You say you don't value human life but I guarantee you if you had a gun to your head and about to be killed or it was happening to a family member you would for sure value human life.

now for the death penalty shit, another reason its kind of dragged out is because theres this little thing known as the constitution. it makes it so all Americans have the right to a fair trial, which includes the appeals process after being sentenced. Nobody wants to die on death row so they appeal it, even if they know they are guilty they will still appeal it until they cant anymore. it drags out their life a little bit longer which is all they want. most of em anyway.

and legalizing weed wouldnt really help prisons ad almost all weed related cases the guilty person serves less than a year, which means they stay in county jail(most of the time) unless its a ton of weed then they might get a few years in prison.
    That doesn't mean they do it because there isn't a death penalty.
    How so?
    Because you're being sympathetic to the prisoner.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    uhm, are we reading the same thing..?
    If the prisoner is the one being punished, why should he decide what his punishment should be?
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    How so?
    YOU SAID YOU WOULD RATHER DIE THEN SIT IN PRISON SO THAT MEANS BEING ALIVE IN PRISON IS WORSE THEN DEATH

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    How so?
    i believe life in prison should be abolished. you should have 5 years to go through your appeals process. at the 5 years mark there should be a panel of judges and Lawyers that review your case all separate and individually. when they convene if they all agree that there is no doubt whatsoever that you committed the crime you should be executed that week. if there is doubt, you should get an additional 5 years to resume your appeals.