Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Illinois abolishes the death penalty

Comments

• ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    i only approve of bud, sir
    imageimage
    i dont really see the point for death row
    if youre sentanced to death just kill them asap
    why wait?

Texas agrees with you. They put you on a fast track to death if convicted and sentenced to death in Texas. Here in Illinois we had inmates who had been sitting on death row since the early 80's. The legal system allows them to appeal their cases for years and for some of the silliest reasons.
    if theres fucking evidence to support that youre guilty then theres evidence to support that you should be killed
    imageimage
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    i dont get the point in proving a crime after the defendant is executed. when they re-open the case after they are put to death why do that? there was a crime you think you have the right guy so you go through the process of investigating and prosecuting and sentencing and all that. it goes through all the appeals and a criminal is punished for the crime. why would you then, 10 years down the road, re-open the case with more DNA evidence. if it comes back consistent with the case you pat yourself on the back cuz you got the right guy and he paid. f its not consistent you feel bad cuz you executed the wrong guy but you go out and find the real guy. use DNA for someone on death row but once theyre already executed, its pointless
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    i dont get the point in proving a crime after the defendant is executed. when they re-open the case after they are put to death why do that? there was a crime you think you have the right guy so you go through the process of investigating and prosecuting and sentencing and all that. it goes through all the appeals and a criminal is punished for the crime. why would you then, 10 years down the road, re-open the case with more DNA evidence. if it comes back consistent with the case you pat yourself on the back cuz you got the right guy and he paid. f its not consistent you feel bad cuz you executed the wrong guy but you go out and find the real guy. use DNA for someone on death row but once theyre already executed, its pointless
    It gives their family some closure.
    maybe i agree with the death penalty because i dont value human lives? idk
    but either way, if youre on death row for a certain reason then why draw shit out?
    imageimage
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo

Tell that to the innocent man's family. They do it so they can sue the state, and it's fairly routine to continue to ivestigate a case even after prosecution.

but either way, if youre on death row for a certain reason then why draw shit out?
    Either way? You mean whether they're innocent or not?

many MANY families never even get closure so why does it matter if families of criminals do?
    the chick who killed my sister is still walking around doing whatever she pleases
    we didnt get shit and no ones reopening any cases for us so i dont see the point in peoples families getting closure if they were on death row

i hope that made sense
    imageimage
    Either way? You mean whether they're innocent or not?
    i mean 'either way' if i agree with the death penalty because i dont value human life or for some other reason
    imageimage
  • GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner
    DAMIT I WANT OUR POPULATION GOING DOWN

many MANY families never even get closure so why does it matter if families of criminals do?
    the chick who killed my sister is still walking around doing whatever she pleases
    we didnt get shit and no ones reopening any cases for us so i dont see the point in peoples families getting closure if they were on death row

i hope that made sense
    I've never had to go through anything like that, so I don't know how you feel. But criminals still have people who love them.

i mean 'either way' if i agree with the death penalty because i dont value human life or for some other reason
    That's kinda sad. :(
  • GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner
    A LOT OF HUMAN LIFE IS WORTHLESS

I'M LOOKING AT YOU CHINA

That's kinda sad. :(
    cant help it
    too many shitty experiences
    imageimage
    and what about families that loose people and have the criminal get off with nothing?
    what do we get?
    imageimage
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    i believe life in prison should be abolished. you should have 5 years to go through your appeals process. at the 5 years mark there should be a panel of judges and Lawyers that review your case all separate and individually. when they convene if they all agree that there is no doubt whatsoever that you committed the crime you should be executed that week. if there is doubt, you should get an additional 5 years to resume your appeals.
    i believe life in prison should be abolished. you should have 5 years to go through your appeals process. at the 5 years mark there should be a panel of judges and Lawyers that review your case all separate and individually. when they convene if they all agree that there is no doubt whatsoever that you committed the crime you should be executed that week. if there is doubt, you should get an additional 5 years to resume your appeals.
    quite
    imageimage
    and what about families that loose people and have the criminal get off with nothing?
    what do we get?
    Everyone, especially the victims families, like yours, should get compensation for what happened. That really is a tragedy that you guys got nothing out of that. If I could fix it, I def. would. :(
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    i think there is way too much political correctness. if more people feared getting executed, there would be a lot less crime.....
    i think there is way too much political correctness. if more people feared getting executed, there would be a lot less crime.....
    DING DING FUCKING DING!
    what do we get?
    Everyone, especially the victims families, like yours, should get compensation for what happened. That really is a tragedy that you guys got nothing out of that. If I could fix it, I def. would. :(
    yea we got nothing except having to watch the chick walk out of the courtroom with a smirk on her face
    imageimage