Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Upcoming Album thread!

Comments

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Just shut up and take your L they are trash
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    >Proves that Daft Punk is better than log
    >"omg no metal just isn't mainstream"
    >Daft Punk aren't mainstream
    >"Omg just take your L!"

=))

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    >Thinking music is objective
    >2013

Wha? Daft punk doesnt have to do shit but press a button and flap their hand up and down. No talent. Take your L.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    My opinion > your opinion
    edited June 2013

Wha? Daft punk doesnt have to do shit but press a button and flap their hand up and down. No talent. Take your L.

Is that how they made four full length albums to rave reviews?
    ;))

They have 2 kinds of fans. 16 year old girls and you.
    I never hear "16 year old girls" talk about Daft Punk. lol try again.

Doubt it. I know how you like them younger.
    That's what I love about them high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age.

Im just drunk lol
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    Having a grammy isn't an indication of talent though, just saying in general.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    this argument is embarrassing to even read

nobody gave a fuck about daft punk til kanye sampled em. hipsters stfd
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited June 2013
    Brian said:

Brian said:

Putting bands on pedestals is super gay and sheeplike

There's no way to with that argument. The matter of fact here is that a multitude of people here really like Cormorant, and it's not because "omg, daddy wine loves em and hes always rite <3", I just think that a lot of us here genuinely love their music. And when that happens, that bunch is going to speak highly of them. They've only put out two records, so there's still plenty of room for failure here. If the new Cormorant is disappointing, I'll be the first to say so. The BTBAM was terrible, and I wasn't afraid to say it was horseshit, even though I really love the band's other work. So I wouldn't say people's love for Cormorant on here is sheeplike. If you don't like Cormorant, that's fine, but it'd be dumb to write 'em off because other people really like them. </p>
    That's different then the OMG CORMORANT ^:)^ GODLIKE bandwagon that everyone here has been on since Wine started repping them (even though apparently he found out about a local band in his state from Adam.....)
    I absolutely did find out about Cormorant from Adam. I hadn't heard of them. Then again, almost no one had. They were just about to release Metazoa.

Him telling me about Cormorant is probably the only reason I put up with that long haired Head n Shoulders shampooing fuck.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Canadian metal veterans ANNIHILATOR will release their 14th studio album, "Feast", on August 23 in Europe and August 27 in North America via UDR. The deluxe eco-book version will also feature a bonus CD containing 15 of the best ANNIHILATOR songs re-recorded in 2012... a grand total of 24 songs in one package... with a 3D cover!

ANNIHILATOR mainman Jeff Waters and his bandmates tear through each release with honest, raw power and energy, along with excellent technical skill, giving the metal world the most-tasteful mixtures of huge, metal riffs with the idea of the perfect song and some legendary solo shredding as the icing on the cake. That's why Jeff and ANNIHILATOR have been a major influence on countless well-known metal acts and musicians around the world. Tours with everyone from JUDAS PRIEST to PANTERA to TRIVIUM, plus dozens of headlining tours and festivals around the world, have been going on steady since 1989 for this band; no rest as the demand for this band never ends.

ANNIHILATOR has been touted as one of the best live acts in metal music. High-end musicianship, tight playing and massive energy and fun are what these lads are known for. Their music? Honest, melodic thrash and heavy metal, combined with traces of blues, classical and jazz. Hell, there is even some death and punk in there, too.

Says Waters: "We truly are among the few bands with a long history that have always waved the flag for honesty, integrity and perseverance in this hard-edge category of music."

"Feast" track listing

01. Deadlock
    02. No Way Out
    03. Smear Campaign
    04. No Surrender
    05. Wrapped
    06. Perfect Angel Eyes
    07. Demon Code
    08. Fight The World
    09. One Falls, Two Rise

Bonus disc: "Re-Kill" (best of ANNIHILATOR, re-recorded in 2012)

01. Fun Palace
    02. Alison Hell
    03. King Of The Kill
    04. Never, Neverland
    05. Set The World On Fire
    06. Welcome To Your Death W.T.Y.D.
    07. Nozone
    08. Bloodbath
    09. 21
    10. Stonewall
    11. Ultra Motion
    12. Time Bomb
    13. Refresh The Demon
    14. Word Salad
    15. Brain Dance

"Feast" will be made available in the following formats:

* Limited-edition eco-book + bonus disc "Re-Kill" (best of ANNIHILATOR, re-recorded in 2012)
    * CD jewel case
    * LP gatefold
    * Digital download
    * D2C fan-package

ANNIHILATOR touring lineup:

Jeff Waters - guitars and vocals
    Dave Padden - lead vocals
    Mike Harshaw - Drums
    Alberto Campuzano - Bass

JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Oh wow, they actually have a North American release this time

Rerecordings are a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad idea
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Canadian technical death metallers GORGUTS will release their fifth album, "Colored Sands", on August 30 in Europe and September 3 in North America via Season Of Mist. The effort will be made available will be available as a digipak CD limited to the first pressing, regular black LP, transparent clear LP and red/yellow colored LP.

"Colored Sands" track listing:

01. Le Toit Du Monde
    02. An Ocean Of Wisdom
    03. Forgotten Arrows
    04. Colored Sands
    05. The Battle Of Chamdo
    06. Enemies Of Compassion
    07. Ember's Voice
    08. Absconders
    09. Reduced To Silence

GORGUTS guitarist/vocalist Luc Lemay previously told Zero Tolerance magazine about "Colored Sands": "It's a whole concept album, so I've been reading books for a year a year and a half for the lyrics to know what I'm going to talk about.

"The lyrics process is very hard for me. First, I'm French, and then I need to educate myself on the topic I'm going to talk about. I'm not going to educate myself on the Chinese invasion of Tibet with a Wikipedia thing.

"I bought piles of books. I feel the same way I did at the conservatory when I was writing classical pieces. It takes months and months, the pieces you just can't get it out of your system. You need to become a sponge, you need to get soaked with the topic. So far so good I'm very very happy with what we've done.

"In the first place I wanted to write the whole album about the rituals of mandalas made with sand. One day my girlfriend's little daughter colored in a coloring book a mandala for me and I wondered what a mandala was, I liked the word. I searched on the Internet and found out this is a Tibetan thing and then it clicked, this is gonna be it, but I didn't have any clue, I wasn't very educated on the Tibetan culture. This mandala thing gets so complex, you could study it for 25-30 years before you know exactly what you're talking about, so I said, 'Okay, I'll take it from a different angle.' It's not a National Geographic documentary either. It's very poetic and very epic. This is my vision. I have no pretension about telling 'truth'; it's how I feel about these people."

The band has also announced a string of headlining shows leading to and from this year's Hopscotch Festival. the U.S. trek, which begins on September 5 in Springfield, Virginia, will travel through Hopscotch before ending on September 8 in Worcester, Massachusetts.

War On Music Records in 2011 released on vinyl the GORGUTS albums "From Wisdom To Hate" (2001) and "Obscura" (1998). These records were largely regarded as pioneering works in the technical death metal genre, and set the standard for the decade to follow.

GORGUTS' current lineup is as follows:

* Luc Lemay (NEGATIVA) - Vocals, Guitar
    * Kevin Hufnagel (DYSRHYTHMIA, WHILE HEAVEN WEPT, BYLA, EUCLID STREET, THE FIFTH SEASON, GREY DIVISION BLUE) - Guitar
    * Colin Marston (DYSRHYTHMIA, BEHOLD... THE ARCTOPUS, BYLA, KRALLICE, INDRICOTHERE) - Bass
    * John Longstreth (DIM MAK, ORIGIN, THE RED CHORD, SKINLESS, POSSESSION, ANGELCORPSE) – Drums