Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Upcoming Album thread!

Comments

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    you guys need to remove the cocks from your mouth
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    Ok mr.todd blythe [-(
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Putting bands on pedestals is super gay and sheeplike
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Cormorant is like a 7
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Brian said:

There's no way to with that argument. The matter of fact here is that a multitude of people here really like Cormorant, and it's not because "omg, daddy wine loves em and hes always rite <3", I just think that a lot of us here genuinely love their music. And when that happens, that bunch is going to speak highly of them. They've only put out two records, so there's still plenty of room for failure here. If the new Cormorant is disappointing, I'll be the first to say so. The BTBAM was terrible, and I wasn't afraid to say it was horseshit, even though I really love the band's other work. So I wouldn't say people's love for Cormorant on here is sheeplike. If you don't like Cormorant, that's fine, but it'd be dumb to write 'em off because other people really like them.

Brian said:

There's no way to with that argument. The matter of fact here is that a multitude of people here really like Cormorant, and it's not because "omg, daddy wine loves em and hes always rite <3", I just think that a lot of us here genuinely love their music. And when that happens, that bunch is going to speak highly of them. They've only put out two records, so there's still plenty of room for failure here. If the new Cormorant is disappointing, I'll be the first to say so. The BTBAM was terrible, and I wasn't afraid to say it was horseshit, even though I really love the band's other work. So I wouldn't say people's love for Cormorant on here is sheeplike. If you don't like Cormorant, that's fine, but it'd be dumb to write 'em off because other people really like them. </p>
    That's different then the OMG CORMORANT ^:)^ GODLIKE bandwagon that everyone here has been on since Wine started repping them (even though apparently he found out about a local band in his state from Adam.....)
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I thought you were referring to the Adam who's username is Adam at first :))
    Brian said:

Brian said:

There's no way to with that argument. The matter of fact here is that a multitude of people here really like Cormorant, and it's not because "omg, daddy wine loves em and hes always rite <3", I just think that a lot of us here genuinely love their music. And when that happens, that bunch is going to speak highly of them. They've only put out two records, so there's still plenty of room for failure here. If the new Cormorant is disappointing, I'll be the first to say so. The BTBAM was terrible, and I wasn't afraid to say it was horseshit, even though I really love the band's other work. So I wouldn't say people's love for Cormorant on here is sheeplike. If you don't like Cormorant, that's fine, but it'd be dumb to write 'em off because other people really like them. </p>
    That's different then the OMG CORMORANT ^:)^ GODLIKE bandwagon that everyone here has been on since Wine started repping them (even though apparently he found out about a local band in his state from Adam.....)
    I mean I kind of get that. Dream Theater spread across like wildfire within my graduating class because the shred guitarist sucked their cock, and I introduced him to the band, and I never even liked Dream Theater. So I could see how constant praise could seem annoying, but the fact is that it's more than likely genuine love for the band. And since it doesn't come up nearly as often as Tool or Mushroomhead worship on this board, I'd say there's no real reason to complain.
    Tool > Cormorant

Brian said:

Brian said:

I mean I kind of get that. Dream Theater spread across like wildfire within my graduating class because the shred guitarist sucked their cock, and I introduced him to the band, and I never even liked Dream Theater. So I could see how constant praise could seem annoying, but the fact is that it's more than likely genuine love for the band. And since it doesn't come up nearly as often as Tool or Mushroomhead worship on this board, I'd say there's no real reason to complain.
    Fair enough. This case I guess isn't as bad as others but seems like stupid overhyping of bands is becoming more apparent. Pig Destroyer, who I enjoy from time to time, gets hyped up to be the epitome of grind when really they're just alright (and would've been just ok at MDF if they didn't bring out dat nigga Kat). Bolt Thrower dick sucking is also at an all time high as of late
    Bolt Thrower is just MDF hype. I see people on here regularly bumping Cormorant in the now listening thread. I almost never see Bolty.

Bolt Thrower is just MDF hype.

That and Chaos in Tejas.
    Can anyone explain why the internet was going crazy over Daft Punk? I've seen like one person listen to them like ever until they announced a new album...and then the whole internet went fanboy
    One word: Hype
    Was it their first album in a while or something?
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    edited June 2013
    I loved Daft Punk. The fucking hipsters hopped on cock randomly when they announced they were making a new album.

• TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers

Can anyone explain why the internet was going crazy over Daft Punk? I've seen like one person listen to them like ever until they announced a new album...and then the whole internet went fanboy

I honestly never even heard of them til a couple months ago when everyone started hyping the shit out of them.
    Daft Punk > Log

Y u so mad aboyt a disagree brah
    Not even close to being mad.