Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Upcoming Album thread!

Comments

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod

Can anyone explain why the internet was going crazy over Daft Punk? I've seen like one person listen to them like ever until they announced a new album...and then the whole internet went fanboy

I honestly never even heard of them til a couple months ago when everyone started hyping the shit out of them.
    Wat

• TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    TheShield said:

Can anyone explain why the internet was going crazy over Daft Punk? I've seen like one person listen to them like ever until they announced a new album...and then the whole internet went fanboy

I honestly never even heard of them til a couple months ago when everyone started hyping the shit out of them.
    Wat
    Yeah I was on my twitter and saw a flood of tweets about the Daft Punk album that's about to drop. It was news to me.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod

Was it their first album in a while or something?

First album since 2005. I've only heard Get Lucky but it's catchy as hell.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Ya i bet. Your just mad because log makes music daft could nevwr even get close to touching.
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy

TheShield said:

Wat
    Yeah I was on my twitter and saw a flood of tweets about the Daft Punk album that's about to drop. It was news to me.
    I mean, you have to be really out of the loop to not know who they are 'til just now. No disrespect.

TheShield said:

Wat
    I mean, you have to be really out of the loop to not know who they are 'til just now. No disrespect.
    Would I know anything by them. I may have heard stuff from them but didn't know it was them or something. I dunno lol
    Lol ill bite to your trolling. Daft Punk composes every little thing you hear in every song. Has log won a Grammy? Didn't think so. Inb4 0

edited June 2013
    Yeah because grammys love metal

TheShield said:

Wat
    You're my nigga, but you not knowing Daft Punk is baffling. Which brings me back to asking the question if metalheads only listen to music of that genre.

• 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited June 2013
    wrong thread :((
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Todd thinks LoG won a grammy =))

TheShield said:

Wat
    Would I know anything by them. I may have heard stuff from them but didn't know it was them or something. I dunno lol
    Probably. If you ever watched the new Tron movie they scored it.

I'd find it hard to believe that you haven't heard this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAjR4_CbPpQ

Maybe if every metal song/album didn't have the same rehashed distorted guitar riffs, blast beats, and lyrics bashing religion, violence, or the usual politics talk maybe they would get farther than one category....Just a thought.
    :-??

TheShield said:

TheShield said:

Wat
    You're my nigga, but you not knowing Daft Punk is baffling. Which brings me back to asking the question if metalheads only listen to music of that genre.
    Upon further inspection I recognize One More Time, Around The World, and a couple other's. I never really listened to that kinda music so much so I never knew who the fuck all the artists creating the music were. But I recognize some of these songs now that I have listened to them.
    Or its because its not a popular genre :| maybe daft punk should make a better song than just a build up to a drop.

TheShield said:

Wat
    Probably. If you ever watched the new Tron movie they scored it.

I'd find it hard to believe that you haven't heard this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAjR4_CbPpQ
    I've definitely heard this one before. My cousin use to play this all the time when I would go over to his house.
    lolwut? Daft Punk aren't mainstream at all. Mainstream came to them and Daft Punk doesn't have drops...They aren't dubstep, electro house, trap, or anything of that nature.

• Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    late but
    Smash Potater > Cormorant
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    TheShield said:

Maybe if every metal song/album didn't have the same rehashed distorted guitar riffs, blast beats, and lyrics bashing religion, violence, or the usual politics talk maybe they would get farther than one category....Just a thought.
    :-??
    Trying a little hard there...