Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Upcoming Album thread!

Comments

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    fuck that i'll just wait
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    NINE INCH NAILS will release a new single this Thursday (June 6) to radio at 11:30 a.m. PDT.

The new song, titled "Came Back Haunted", "harkens back to early NINE INCH NAILS," says Lisa Worden, Music Director for Los Angeles alternative station KROQ.

"I think it's in line with the first two albums," Worden continues. "It's got a great beat, it's not the experimental material [NINE INCH NAILS mainman] Trent's [Reznor] done in the last five years." Worden indicated the song didn't strike her as angry. Rather the beat is what made an impression. "I wouldn't say that it's dance-y, but it does have a great beat, a groove. Trent really brought it with this song. It's going to sound amazing to new fans and old. It's just cool."
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • TyrantTyrant Posts: 2,850 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Lol noob pirate. L-)
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    NolaMetal said:

Finally found the new ocean album in its entirety..

:)) :))
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    A newly-remastered version of Isis‘ “Celestial” will receive a July 09th release on Ipecac Recordings. The group enlisted James Plotkin to remaster the outing, which originally saw a release in 2000. Former band frontman/guitarist Aaron Turner also provided new artwork for the release which you can preview below:

inb4newalbumor0

I hope this gets pressed to vinyl, but I'll pick up a copy regardless
    I love winning with women
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    james plotkin + ipecac = obamanotbad.jpeg
    the new NIN song comes out tomorrow \m/

inb4waveof0s
  • TyrantTyrant Posts: 2,850 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Alex`s favorite band? The 0`s. \m/
  • streetsstreets Posts: 3,351 just the tip
    edited June 2013

extremely disappointing
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    We know we have been silent for the past couple months while we record this beast, but we assure you it's almost done and is turning out extremely well. We plan on releasing our beloved "pupdates" throughout the summer while we set up to release this new album so stay tuned for that.

With all this incredible progress, however, we have some sad news. Our brother and friend Moe has decided to leave the band to go back to school in pursuit of some of his other passions. When our gruelling studio schedule just wouldn't work with his gruelling school schedule, we realized we would need to find a session player for the new album. With Moe's guidance and approval, we found us a nice match in Chris Adler! Having known Chris for a few years, and with he and Moe being drum-buddies, it seemed like a perfect fit. We are happy to say that Chris has already come and gone from canada and has left us with some beautiful drum tracks.

Can't wait for you all to hear it!

For more information, click here for an exclusive interview with Rody and Moe on AuxTV

Sincerely,
    Protest The Hero
    TL;DR, Chris Adler is drumming on the new Protest the Hero album. Should be interesting, Chris is an awesome drummer.
    Why couldnt it be a good band doe
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Better than LoG
    the drumming in LOG is one of the things I cant get into so Im worried
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Chris is pretty much the only redeemable thing about LoG, and he's definitely got the chops for PTH's style of music. It'll be different, but I'm sure it'll be good.
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Cannabis Corpse Get Some Help From The Black Dahlia Murder On New Album “From Wisdom To Baked”

Cannabis Corpse‘s new album “From Wisdom To Baked” will apparently feature some guest lyrics from The Black Dahlia Murder frontman Trevor Strnad. A posting made yesterday on The Black Dahlia Murder‘s Facebook reads:
    “Just finished writing some guest lyrics for a Cannabis Corpse song. Was a lot of fun. Thanks, Phil!”
    Cannabis Corpse have been teasing a number of special guests to appear on the coming album with band drummer Josh “HallHammer” Hall posting earlier this week:
    “Just got this completed test mix of “From Wisdom To Baked” today. I am beyond hyphy! We have so many heavy hitting guest stars for this album your mind is gonna melt! Prepare to be smoked! -HallHammR“
    Season Of Mist will have the album in stores later this year.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    DREAM THEATER UNVEILS MILESTONE NEW ALBUM;
    GRAMMY®-NOMINATED ROCK ICONS TO RELEASE
    FIRST-EVER SELF-TITLED COLLECTION;
    WORLD TOUR TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON;
    “DREAM THEATER” ARRIVES ON SEPTEMBER 24TH

Roadrunner Records has announced the eagerly anticipated new album from the legendary Dream Theater. “DREAM THEATER” – the first self-titled collection in the GRAMMY®-nominated band’s nearly three decade career – arrives at last on September 24th.

“DREAM THEATER” was recorded at Cove City Sound Studios in Glen Cove, New York, with founding guitarist John Petrucci producing and studio luminary Richard Chycki (Aerosmith, Rush) engineering and mixing. The album marks a brilliant new chapter for the always adventurous band, their first to have been written and recorded with drummer Mike Mangini wholly integrated into the creative process from the start.

“I see every new album as an opportunity to start over,” says Petrucci. “To either build or improve upon a direction that has been evolving over time or to completely break new ground. This is the first self-titled album of our career and there is nothing I can think of that makes a statement of musical and creative identity stronger than that. We’ve fully explored all of the elements that make us unique, from the epic and intense to the atmospheric and cinematic. We’re incredibly excited about ‘DREAM THEATER’ and can’t wait for everyone to hear it.”

“DREAM THEATER” will be available in a wide range of distinctive versions, including standard and special edition CDs, 180 Gram Vinyl Double LP, and a Limited Edition Box Set. Pre-orders are scheduled to get underway sometime in July at the Roadrunner Records Webstore.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage