Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Upcoming Album thread!

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    Municipal Waste \m/
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    NEW PSYCROPTIC SONG IS UP!

It's fucking sick! \m/

PSYCROPTIC - Carriers of the Plague by NuclearBlastRecords
    I love winning with women
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    That was pretty good, I probably need to check this band out at some point.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    It's interesting, that's for sure. The vocals hold it back
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    Dillinger Escape Plan recently began the writing process for their follow-up to 2010's Option Paralysis (Season of Mist). Earlier this month, guitarist and DEP songwriter Benjamin Weinman began working on new material with drummer Billy Rymer. At the time, frontman Greg Puciato had the following to say:

"Ben and Billy working on new DEP in the dressing room. After ten years it still makes my heartrate go up to hear new DEP ideas forming. I know it's time to write a new album when it feels like this. After 'Option' I couldn't even imagine writing anymore. So draining. Time now. That said, we have no intention of writing a 'better' Option Paralysis. We're gonna unleash a whole 'nother beast that lives on its own."

Fast forward several weeks and Blabbermouth has now posted the following update from Weinman:

"Billy and I have been locked up in the Dillinger compound and things are starting to boil. There is nothing like that feeling when you realize... Yep, just when I thought I was drained, the juices are back in full force! The neighbors are definitely getting pissed, but we couldn't be more excited."
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!! \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/

Oakland, CA hard rock band HIGH ON FIRE has entered Salem, Massachusetts' GodCity Studios to begin tracking their as-yet-untitled new album. The world renowned group featuring drummer Des Kensel, bassist Jeff Matz and guitarist / vocalist Matt Pike (also of legendary stoner metal trio SLEEP) is collaborating with producer and Converge guitarist Kurt Ballou on the new effort; the band's sixth studio recording and follow up to 2010's Snakes for the Divine which debuted at #62 on the Billboard Top 200 and has been called "wonderful" by The New York Times and "an exhilarating rush" by The Chicago Tribune. A mid-2012 release date is expected via eOne Music.

"We are really stoked about recording this album," said Jeff Matz when asked for comment. "The new songs are turning out absolutely punishing; there are some seriously sledgehammer riffs on this one! Working with Kurt has been awesome as well. He's super easy to work with and is full of good ideas. The sounds that the guy gets are ridiculous and raw as f*ck but also clear and HUGE. I think this album will capture the essence of the band really well. It's still early in the process, but so far it's sounding amazing."
  • DreamtheaterDreamtheater Posts: 1,088 just the tip
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!! \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/

Oakland, CA hard rock band HIGH ON FIRE has entered Salem, Massachusetts' GodCity Studios to begin tracking their as-yet-untitled new album. The world renowned group featuring drummer Des Kensel, bassist Jeff Matz and guitarist / vocalist Matt Pike (also of legendary stoner metal trio SLEEP) is collaborating with producer and Converge guitarist Kurt Ballou on the new effort; the band's sixth studio recording and follow up to 2010's Snakes for the Divine which debuted at #62 on the Billboard Top 200 and has been called "wonderful" by The New York Times and "an exhilarating rush" by The Chicago Tribune. A mid-2012 release date is expected via eOne Music.

"We are really stoked about recording this album," said Jeff Matz when asked for comment. "The new songs are turning out absolutely punishing; there are some seriously sledgehammer riffs on this one! Working with Kurt has been awesome as well. He's super easy to work with and is full of good ideas. The sounds that the guy gets are ridiculous and raw as f*ck but also clear and HUGE. I think this album will capture the essence of the band really well. It's still early in the process, but so far it's sounding amazing."
    ^:)^
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    I'm stoked for new High on Fire, but I'm not sure about a dude from Converge producing it...
    I'm stoked for new High on Fire, but I'm not sure about a dude from Converge producing it...
    Shut up progfag
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    After a highly successful run of European festivals and select club shows, Swedish melodic metal maestros SOILWORK have started writing music for the follow-up to The Panic Broadcast, which debuted the US Billboard charts at #88 upon its release in July 2010.

Commented vocalist Björn “Speed” Strid: “It’s been an intense summer and at this point, me and the boys are hibernating in pretty much every corner of the world and putting our next album together. Many songs are yet to be written but the inspiration is flowing! People can expect a continuation of the intensity and presence of The Panic Broadcast, only taken to a higher level. That’s the mindset. We will do some touring next year as well, before hopefully entering the studio sometime in the early fall. The album title is already set: The Living Infinite. Chew on that for a bit and don’t spit it out until the music is invading your ears, folks! Until then, make sure you follow the song writing process and other news on Soilwork’s official Facebook page and website. You can also follow Speed on Twitter. Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, and thank you all for your continuous support!”

Fuck Yes \m/
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    US brutal/technical death metallers Nile are currently working on their next album and follow-up to 2009's Those Whom The Gods Detest.

About the album, guitarist and vocalist Karl Sanders comments: "We are finished tracking drums for the new Nile album - George, Dallas, Neil Kernon, and I spent a week with Bob Moore at the Soundlab in Columbia SC, tracking drums. We were expecting a long grueling session - some of this material is very compositionally challenging and technically demanding, but George knocked it out, finishing a FULL WEEK ahead of schedule. OMG. Some of the drumming on this record will be boggling people's minds for years to come. At the moment we are back in Greenville, and will commence tracking guitars any day now. Fuck yeah!"

Source: metalunderground.com

can't fucking wait....
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    ill be seeing nile for the first time at nehmf
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    Nile was good live. They were my brother's first metal show and it was hilarious.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    saw them in 2007.....they don't disappoint.....
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Shut up progfag
    It's going to be good.

Pike is the King Midas of music.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    I don't doubt it'll be good, that new song I heard was awesome!
  • JormungandrJormungandr Posts: 1,971 juggalo
    I saw Nile at the Palladium and it was rad as hell, great connection between the crowd and Nile.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    good to here all this im excited now
    edited December 2011
    Shut up progfag
    It's going to be good.

And Converge is the bee's knees (unless you're one of those fags that saw them at the Dethklok show and think they suck because they didn't fit the lineup)
  • DreamtheaterDreamtheater Posts: 1,088 just the tip
    Shut up progfag
    It's going to be good.

And Converge is the bee's knees (unless you're one of those fags that saw them at the Dethklok show and think they suck because they didn't fit the lineup)
    no, i thought they sucked because they sucked...