Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Upcoming Album thread!

Comments

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Oak Park, Illinois deathcore band Veil of Maya recently completed work on their new full-length. The effort has been titled Eclipse and will hit stores on February 28th via Sumerian Records.
    I love winning with women
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Oak Park, Illinois deathcore band Veil of Maya recently completed work on their new full-length. The effort has been titled Eclipse and will hit stores on February 28th via Sumerian Records.
    This is great news just started listening to this band.
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    Not sure how many people will give a damn about this one, but....

40 Below Summer has a new album in the works!!!!!

Type 3 Media: I heard that 40 Below Summer has something brewing too?

Max Illidge: We’re in the works for a new album. It is, as of yet, untitled and we’re still in the pre-production and writing stage. We’re getting toward the home stretch of that. We have all the material, it’s just a matter of putting the last couple of songs together and finalizing the lyrics. Hopefully, in a month or so, we’re going to start tracking the album, then from there it’s just another month and a half to two months to make the record. By the time we’re halfway through the tracking process I’ll book the CD release show at the Starland Ballroom in New Jersey.

Type 3 Media: It’s probably premature to ask, but is there label interest yet?

Max Illidge: No, not at all. The last time we talked to a major label was in 2004. I wouldn’t think there’s any interest until the album is done and it gets into certain people’s hands. Am I banking on it? No, I don’t really care, because to be honest 40 Below Summer can make plenty of money without a record label. Unless a record label comes to us with an offer of yesteryear — they don’t hand out deals like that anymore — I don’t even see us wanting to sign with a label because it doesn’t make sense. If you can get paid three to ten thousand dollars per show, and sell the album at shows — sell 300 copies, or 100 copies, or even 50 copies a night — and T-shirts as well, you’re making plenty of money. What do you need a label for? Your loyal fans will come to the show any buy your record. Look at a band like Chimera. They’re on a label, but the label is just distributing their record. They didn’t need the label for tour support. They went out on the road on their own and they kept all their money. Bands can do very well on their own now. Bands are a lot smarter than they used to be.

Full interview here with With Daggers Drawn/40 Below Summer vocalist here:

http://type3media.com/2012/01/02/an-interview-with-max-illidge-of-with-daggers-drawn/
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
    HOW DID THIS GO UNNOTICED??

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    Isis \m/
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    I read that a new Portal was coming out too
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    And at 7:29 PM PST, Arlo proved for the 4,286th time that he is indeed, a faggot.
    Sorry I don't like being put to sleep when I listen to music.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    HOW DID THIS GO UNNOTICED??
    It's not an actual new release, it's re-released stuff.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    cant wait for isis
    More awesome news! \m/

Pelican has confirmed that they will release a new EP in 2012, as originally reported by The Quietus.

Titled Ataraxia/Taraxis, the EP was tracked by Isis' Aaron Harris and Sanford Parker and will be available on April 10th via Southern Lord Records.

Ataraxia/Taraxis track listing:

'Ataraxia'
    'Lathe Biosas'
    'Parasite Colony'
    'Taraxis'

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i thought pelican was done?
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Finnish progressive death metallers BARREN EARTH will release their sophomore full-length album, "The Devil's Resolve", in North America on March 13 via Peaceville Records. The effort will be made available on CD and vinyl, with artwork provided by notable U.S.-based artist Paul Romano (MASTODON).

Mixed by Dan Swanö (OPETH, KATATONIA) at Unisound in Sweden, "The Devil's Resolve" continues with all the trademarks one has come to associate with BARREN EARTH: brutal riffs, gloomy growls, majestic melodies, as well as acoustic and progressive passages. But this time the band has delved even deeper, taking this sophomore effort to the extremes through musical landscapes encompassing brutal death metal, doomy vocals, trippy 70's prog lunacy, pastoral passages and even bagpipes.

"The Devil's Resolve" track listing:

01. Passing Of The Crimson Shadows
    02. The Rains Begin
    03. Vintage Warlords
    04. As It Is Written
    05. The Dead Exiles
    06. Oriental Pyre
    07. White Field
    08. Where All Stories End
    09. Martyrs of Devotion (special edition)
    10. World in Haze (special edition)
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Barren Earth!!!!!!

Sweet.
    Traditionalist metal gods 3 Inches of Blood will release their highly anticipated 5th studio album, Long Live Heavy Metal, on March 27th via Century Media Records. Keeping true to their core and bringing their forthcoming album title to life, fans can expect a blast of pure metal assured to leave no face un-melted. "Long Live Heavy Metal is the fifth chapter in the book of 3 Inches of Blood, and we couldn't be more pleased and proud of our new onslaught of Honest Heavy Metal," says guitarist Justin Hagberg. For Long Live Heavy Metal, 3 Inches of Blood reunited with producer and engineer Terry "Sho" Murray (City of Fire, Exhibitionists), who worked with the band on their 7", Anthems for the Victorious.

"When a band is releasing a new record, they often speak about it being their most important work or best album to date. Regardless of how clichéd either statement may sound, I think we would say both apply to this album," explains vocalist Cam Pipes. "All of us have a special feeling about this one. We're more committed than ever to the cause of real, honest, no bullshit heavy metal. No trends, no fucking around!"
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Now that's a awesome album name.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Metal gods? Wtf
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG