Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    NOCAP said:
    AMD has dropped the ball hard on the 7000 series. We’ll prob be on the 8000 by the time we get competent drivers. 
    The drivers not being on the Ally has nothing to do with AMD. They have released 2 updates the last 2 months. 

Asus had to push them out. It's like to only happen quarterly, so if a new game comes out you aren't going to get proper performance unless you update to the new set of drivers from AMD
    and besides all that. its really easy to do, and really easy to revert. 

The whole reason to get a device like this is partly to mess with it and getting it running right. 

Honestly the biggest thing it needs is something to slow down the window processing. I debloated the ally, but windows still takes up toooo much processing power. 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    NOCAP said:
    AMD has dropped the ball hard on the 7000 series. We’ll prob be on the 8000 by the time we get competent drivers. 
    The drivers not being on the Ally has nothing to do with AMD. They have released 2 updates the last 2 months. 

Asus had to push them out. It's like to only happen quarterly, so if a new game comes out you aren't going to get proper performance unless you update to the new set of drivers from AMD
    What are you talking about? This is 100% on AMD. We do not have optimized drivers for 7840U. Maybe for the Z1 extreme but I haven’t updated my Ally in awhile. I’m talking straight 7840U. 

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    and besides all that. its really easy to do, and really easy to revert. 

The whole reason to get a device like this is partly to mess with it and getting it running right. 

Honestly the biggest thing it needs is something to slow down the window processing. I debloated the ally, but windows still takes up toooo much processing power. 
    Turn off Windows updates

edited August 2023
    These drivers are for thr same gp, just one that isn't Integra with a cpu. 

We aren't going to get different ones unless they are new again lol. Same process. It's on asus to bug check them and push to the Ally from here. 
    edited August 2023
    At the end of the day, depending on what you play, these can make an improvement. You don't have to install them if you dont want to. 

A big part of getting this thing was because i like tinkering with PC games. Because they aren't built for one build like the ps5/xbox versions are, you have to play with things to get them to work right. 

These are not going to brick your system though, and as i mentioned, as newer games come out, pushing the AMD version of the driver is going to help with those. This particular driver didn't give much in terms of FPS, but does help the stability of the lower frame rates. 

For example, when you see a dip, it evens out quicker, and you wont see them dip as far.

I like experimenting with things, so thats why i like giving this a try. Just giving out my experience thus far. 

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    NOCAP said:
    LOL I told y’all niggas don’t install them drivers. I’ll let you know when everything is good
    Erik just didn't do it right. 

Zero problems and it's never ran better. 

Most of the performance you are seeing is a stability improvement. A few frames, but for games like madden, or any new game that isn't perfectly optimized, these are going to help. 
    I literally downloaded the newest driver available on the page. 😐
    Well idk. these new drivers fixed that issue. The only people reporting that are ones that installed the old ones. 

It straight bugged my shit. It wouldn’t uninstall AMD drivers thru device manager. It would say the uninstall was complete, but then when I checked what it was running for GPU, it still said AMD Radeon. What I ended up having to do was run AMD Cleanup Utility, completely delete all traces of any AMD files on my Ally, uninstall the AMD Radeon software, uninstalled Armoury Crate, then fully reinstalled the newest official Ally AMD drivers and software, then reinstalled Armoury Crate. Then everything was back to normal.

It may have worked for you, but again there’s a reason it wasn’t officially rolled out for the Ally yet so it’s definitely a results may vary thing, and I won’t be surprised if you’re in here in less than a week sayin “Drivers got the Ally acting up, reverted back to the old ones.” 

The shit ain’t stable on the Ally, it wasn’t optimized for it.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    PC noobs
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    As satisfying as it is once it’s figured out, computer issues are some of the most infuriating shit of all time. 

I’ll have all the parts for my entire desktop build by October so that’s when I’ll actually be putting it all together and installing Windows, all the drivers, etc., and that might be the day I finally kill my fucking self. 💯💯
    That PlayStation Portal is a fucking comedy show lmfao. Confirmed remote play only, won’t even cloud stream, and the real kicker is that it has no Bluetooth, and only their PlayStation Link headphones will work for it. Greedy fucking faggots. Fuck Sony. I hope they take a major financial loss on that garbage.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Once again bodied by Nintendo 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Nah I could tell Rex had no idea how wtf he was talking about when he kept repeating "it's for this chip though!"
    Xeno said:
    Nah I could tell Rex had no idea how wtf he was talking about when he kept repeating "it's for this chip though!"
    Nah that part is true, but that chip is used in more than the Ally. An Ally optimized version didn’t drop yet because it runs differently and has to play nice wit the Ally version of Armoury Crate. I knew that was exactly the issue because it locked my GPU into Power Saving mode in Armoury Crate….except there’s no option to change that in the Ally version of Armoury Crate. That’s on the full desktop version of it. So it essentially converts you into desktop settings which is why it doesn’t properly handshake. They’re for that same chip….but not specifically the Ally yet.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    edited August 2023
    Yeah, you Intalled the previous bugged driver, not the new ones. 

Again, I literally installed the newest one, that was dated for a few days ago. 😐
    Xeno said:
    Mah point
    Suck a bag of dicks lol. 

You pc laptop game and don't even know how.your own integrated chip works lol. 
    Also there's a lot.of talk about the Ally needing more ram. 

Personally with the way the cpu is utilized, idk if it would really give that much of a boost. We would be better off if asus worked with windows to optimize that better for the handheld. 

its just mostly time that asus needs. They have sold over 500k units, so at this point I kind of expect it to get supported for a while. 

I just expect that support to be slow.