Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    edited August 2023
    You got it backwards man. 

Amd released it for thier gpu, and the it's on Asus to format it for the integrated chip. Like i know its an AMD processor too, but this is an ASUS thing. Ive spent a bunch of time on this topic in the last couple weeks lol. 

Didn't one come out like 30 days ago? Idk only expect them from asus like 3-4 times a year. 
    Or...i would just more or less not expect one before the starfield release. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Man I can’t even believe how fucking good the new Lego Star Wars is lmao. The Lego games have always been good simple fun, but exactly that, and almost too simple to a fault. On this one, it’s as top to bottom well crafted as a non-Lego, “adult” Star Wars would be. Gorgeous graphics, MASSIVE open world and crazy amount of detailed side locations to travel to, ridiculous amount of content, and covers and nails the major moments of all 9 movies. On top of that, it’s not difficult by any stretch of the imagination, but they finally implemented more mechanics other than Square to attack, X to jump. Now has an upgrade system, aiming and dodging systems, light parrying, better more modern camera angles, etc. All diet versions of them, but all enough to make it feel more like a modern well made legitimate game rather than a kid’s button masher. They were already moving this direction wit the open world and everything wit the 2 Lego Marvel Super Heroes and Lego DC Super Villians, but this is so much more well polished and fully realized. It’s such a well done love letter to the entire series and any Star Wars fans owes it to themselves to play it. Easily the best Lego game ever made so far and I’m not even that far in yet.
    yeah i need to get on that one. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    I sold my Xbox One this week. The guy who bought it got it today, and he's claiming that it's not reading discs. It was working perfectly fine the last time I played it. All I did was factory reset it. What the fuck
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    edited August 2023
    You sold it and shipped it? 

Why wouldn't you just local sell so you could ghost. 

Lmao jk. But yeah. I always sell stuff like that locally because I don't want to deal with shipping things. 
    Nobody buys shit locally. 90% of all my sales are through Ebay. 
    So yesterday I noticed the APU usage on the Ally was hovering at about 15W even tho I had it set to the full 30W Turbo. Now idk if it’s been like that for a while and I jus never noticed til now, but prolly lol. But I had the turbo boost disabled in the settings (It’s set to aggressive by default.) per those recommendations I posted in here a while back to lower temps. Now the reason that was ever suggested in the first place was that it seemingly didn’t affect performance at all, while keeping the temps significantly lower. And that seemed true based on what I tested, for instance Infinite stayed more or less locked at 70 FPS on Ultra settings whether the turbo was on or off, but about a 20 C difference in average temperature. 

But that’s definitely only a case to case basis, cause after turning it back on last night, holy shit Pikmin 4 on Ryujinx was a complete night and day difference. Way steadier framerate, barely any stuttering, extremely rich textures, and the weird light and shadow flickering was 99% eliminated. Seems temps are no longer as bad wit it on after the updates, cause while it did spike to 95 C briefly upon startup, it cooled down after settling in and more or less stayed at about 80 C. 

What I also found interesting is, I been using Chiaki for PS5 remote play away from home, it’s really your only option on the Ally lmao, but a couple days ago, there was suddenly this constant white screen flashing and nonstop artifacts in the picture, which was weird because Chiaki generally performs extremely well and shits all over the official PlayStation Remote Play app. Tinkered wit all kinds of settings and the best I ever got it to was “somewhat playable” lmao. Well yesterday after turning the turbo back on, it was essentially flawless wit a minor stutter every now and again, I’m talking it was so crystal clear and had virtually no input lag, to the point that I might as well have been playing it natively. I then noticed that GPU usage stayed at around 25% for the entire session. For comparison, when I played Dead Space and Resident Evil 4 thru the official Xbox Remote Play app, GPU usage stayed locked at 0-1%, so that purely streams the picture and nothing else. So it appears that Chiaki also adds in some graphical processing of it’s own on the remote device instead of relying solely on the console, which would explain why it performs so much better and delivers a native-like experience.
    I've watch lots of videos stating that you get diminishing return on games after like 20-22 watts, which can be the case but it's really on a game by game basis. 

Take madden. That game is optimized like ass. So I play it on a mural profile at 30. Then if it slows down I boost it and it gets better. 

Some games you will see it help, but with some you will see a limit to the returns you get for higher wattage. 

I also wouldn't worry about Temps. I'm still not convinced the SD issue has ro do with heat, but if you don't use SD, you can let the temp get up to 94/95 without worry. It won't get that high for long anyways unless you use a manual boosting program, but the processor is built for that. 
    Some games you will just have to play them to eliminate shuddering too. If the game doesn't precompile its shaders it will make it seem fucked up at times when it's loading new assets you haven't seen before.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    I sold my Xbox One this week. The guy who bought it got it today, and he's claiming that it's not reading discs. It was working perfectly fine the last time I played it. All I did was factory reset it. What the fuck
    Prob trying to scam

I've watch lots of videos stating that you get diminishing return on games after like 20-22 watts, which can be the case but it's really on a game by game basis. 

Take madden. That game is optimized like ass. So I play it on a mural profile at 30. Then if it slows down I boost it and it gets better. 

Some games you will see it help, but with some you will see a limit to the returns you get for higher wattage. 

I also wouldn't worry about Temps. I'm still not convinced the SD issue has ro do with heat, but if you don't use SD, you can let the temp get up to 94/95 without worry. It won't get that high for long anyways unless you use a manual boosting program, but the processor is built for that. 
    They had to replace my motherboard to fix my shit. Haven’t touched it really since getting it back. I still love the device but my A1P has been goated and I have more ram to give. Not sure what I want to do with the Ally 

You had to RMA it? 

That sucks. It definitely has its flaws. In 2-3 years these things are going to be incredible.

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Nobody buys shit locally. 90% of all my sales are through Ebay. 

I've sold/bought tons of consoles locally 😂
    You had to RMA it? 

That sucks. It definitely has its flaws. In 2-3 years these things are going to be incredible.

Yup. Apparently Asus is going to offer full refunds now because they’re scared of a lawsuit. They will also pay for your Sd card if it broke. 

• Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,787 jayfacer
    I’m kind of surprised by how much I like Atreus’ story line for annoying as he is. I didn’t have much time to play this weekend because of some family stuff and the OT I volunteered with at work, but I’m right at the part where he goes to Asgard and you meet with Odin and do some missions with Thor. 

• Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,787 jayfacer
    Ragnarok is legitimately an excellent game so far 
    Man Sony is so fucking greedy. Been trying to play my PS5 on my phone via Remote Play, and the Kishi doesnt work with it. No third party controllers work. You need a Dualsense. Steamlink, Moonlight, Gamepass, etc all work fine with the Kishi, but not Sony. You need to pay for THEIR controllers. 
    Man Sony is so fucking greedy. Been trying to play my PS5 on my phone via Remote Play, and the Kishi doesnt work with it. No third party controllers work. You need a Dualsense. Steamlink, Moonlight, Gamepass, etc all work fine with the Kishi, but not Sony. You need to pay for THEIR controllers. 
    Yep they’re fucking garbage. That’s why I was saying all this forced proprietary bullshit they’re doing is putting the worst taste in my mouth about them. They even blocked 3rd party programs like DS4Windows so that’s why the only option for Remote Play on the Ally is Chiaki, because while you can install and use the official PS Remote Play on it, the Ally controls don’t work on it, so your only option is kickstanding the Ally and plugging in a DualSense, which completely defeats the purpose. It’s prolly only a matter of time before Chiaki gets somehow blocked too.
    Mfs really refuse to pay full price whatsoever on Mercari. 🤣🤣 I put like 5 games up for sale, almost immediately started getting offers on everything, but everybody was lowballing so I was declining, but the worst offender was a mf that offered $29….when I had it priced at $30. 😐😐 Like really?? I declined it off the pettiness alone. Pay that petty ass lil dollar smh.