Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,786 jayfacer
    I'm going to play new Vegas I think. Never played it so I bought the ultimate edition and I'm installing texture mods. 

I’m jealous. New Vegas is one of those games I wish I could experience for the first time again. I have 1600 hours into it and still have fun replaying it. I sincerely look forward to hearing about your experience with it. Legit one of the GOATs
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Got this case for the Ally. Love it because I love the Ally’s white aesthetic and didn’t really wanna cover it, but it turns black from skin oils way too easy so I wanted protection strictly from that. So this matches the console and blends in, has that indentation near the B button which is genius, and the finger grips on the back are thicker, so it’s like an all in one and equivalent to adding thicker standalone grips, which I was looking into anyways cause I got big hands and this definitely causes cramping during long sessions lmao. It also has a built-in kickstand on the back. Also added the white stick grips, purely for aesthetics tho cause the sticks were already decent.

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    I really want a pair of AR glasses for this thing. 

Those things are the future man. You telling me I can have a 3 monitor setup without actually setting up any monitors. That's lit lol. 

But I also want to have a tv for football and one for gaming where ever I go lol
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Got my Ally back from RMA but haven’t even messed with it. Too busy playing Texas Chainsaw on my a1p

I was skeptical at first but I can definitely admit when I’m wrong. Only 6 hours in roughly but God of war Ragnarok is absolutely awesome so far 
    Just hit the part where I found the dwarf who gave me a scroll to Tyr’s location 

I need to finish that game. 

I liked it. The story telling is good. But i HATE the parts playing as the kid. 

At this point, Ragnarok has already done more in five hours than the first one did in 40. Liking it alot so far 
    You can manually install the new AMD drivers on the Ally. 

Asus will push them eventually, but you are probably going to see pretty decent performance boost with this. 
    This is a guide to set it up. This is from 20 days ago from before the new drivers came put, so you can disregard the comments. 

The new ones run flawlessly iv read. Will try tonight. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Lemme grab my ghost glasses to read that link. 💯
    Guide: How to force install the latest Radeon drivers on your ROG Ally : ROGAlly (reddit.com)

i would go into myasus and create a dropbox recovery first. You shouldn't need it as you can just roll these back if anything goes haywire, but i would still just in case.
    hoping this fixes the stuttering going on with madden lol. other than that i haven't really had any issues with games. 
    Do not install new AMD drivers. They are ass lmao

Download Asus drivers but don’t install the official AMD one. They are very bad. You will see a significant drop in performance. About 15%

edited August 2023
    What? doubtful 

These are designed for the chip that is in the ally. 

These are for the Gpu, and are definitely getting a boost in performance. Just playing BG3 for a brief session, and i was getting about 15 more FPS consistently with zero screen stuttering. 

You can't do anything bad with these drivers. Maybe they would need to be rolled back because something doesn't perform right, like the previous one that locked peoples GPU to 800MHZ. 

These ones cleared that up. From all accounts, these drivers are giving better stability. Less drastic from rate jumps/drops. Hearing its helping emulators as well with stability/Screen tearing. 

I wouldn't wait on ASUS to drop them, as its likely to be months. 

Ill keep you posted though. 

yes, in theory could these cause issues? Yes definitely. Thats why i suggested uploading the  restore point to drop box. But overall, these drivers are for the GPU in the Ally. They just are designed for a chip that isn't integrated. (From what i understand)

This isn't going to brick your system, and if the drivers are good, it shouldn't give you a drop in performance. Asus is going to steadaly be behind on drivers. What releases today for AMD probably wont be released for the Ally for probably like 90 days at least. 

With a big fall release schedule coming up, im not sure i want to wait that long for performance boots. Plus, if you didn't want to tink with this thing, why even buy it?

Lions are going to have one of the best saftey groups in the league this year, which is fucking shocking considering the state of the position just a year ago. 

Wrong thread lmao

I’ve tested that driver and reverted back. You’ll see better switch and PS3 emulation but beyond that PC gaming performance will suffer.