Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    >still playing Madden in 2023
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    I mean it’s not like there’s an alternative if you wanna play a football game lmao. But yea until the monopoly is over, I’ve accepted that football video games jus don’t currently exist to me.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I mean it’s not like there’s an alternative if you wanna play a football game lmao. But yea until the monopoly is over, I’ve accepted that football video games jus don’t currently exist to me.
    Pretty much my mentality since 2012 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Yeah I mean it could be better, but the game has made quite a few improvements the last few years. 

This year's feels pretty good. The blocking and tackling is so much better. 

But yeah I mostly play it because it's the only option and I want a dynasty in detroit lol
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,786 jayfacer
    Beat Chain Of Memories again. Probably my most enjoyable play through of it, but it’s still gets pretty tedious half way through. Not going for a platinum or anything because it’s way too grindy but was really surprised when the trophy for not dying through the game popped at the end lmao easily the KH game I’m the worst at so figured I ate shit at least 2 dozen times. Onto Days before I start God Of War Ragnarok. Want it to feel like Sora’s has actually been asleep for a minute lol 
    I never finished CoM, ever. Couldn’t get past the card system, as much as I love the franchise. Same reason I skipped Midnight Suns even being a complete Marvel head. Fuck that shit.
    Missing out
    Literally. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    I never finished CoM, ever. Couldn’t get past the card system, as much as I love the franchise. Same reason I skipped Midnight Suns even being a complete Marvel head. Fuck that shit.
     The card system can be a mess, especially Riku’s because you don’t have the ability to customize it and they give you some D tier decks but once you get the hang out it, it’s a blast. It’s super important to learn and upgrade sleights as Sora or you’re gonna get wrecked forever. That being said, the actual story maybe my favorite in the franchise and the character interactions between SGD are top tier. A little ironic considering they’ll never remember them lol
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Xeno said:
    Yeah I mean it could be better, but the game has made quite a few improvements the last few years. 

This year's feels pretty good. The blocking and tackling is so much better. 

But yeah I mostly play it because it's the only option and I want a dynasty in detroit lol
    You say this literally every year
    Not that I don't understand, I still play COD and Assassins Creed. It's just that I got insane deja vu reading that post. Gotta find the old ones and see how spot on it is
    Dime2 said:
     The card system can be a mess, especially Riku’s because you don’t have the ability to customize it and they give you some D tier decks but once you get the hang out it, it’s a blast. It’s super important to learn and upgrade sleights as Sora or you’re gonna get wrecked forever. That being said, the actual story maybe my favorite in the franchise and the character interactions between SGD are top tier. A little ironic considering they’ll never remember them lol
    Best Riku moments. Why we sampled it for our song Dark Frost 
    It's been incrementally better each year since the series x came out 🤷‍♂️
    I don't think it's a great game though and would love for it to have competition. 

The roster ratings sucks across the board. 
    Even on the ps5 the performance isn't great. 

Lots of things like that. But I still see things that improve too. 
    Dime2 said:
    Best Riku moments. Why we sampled it for our song Dark Frost 
     Oh 100%. Love his ark. But the automated decks they give you can be ass 
    Alright. 

I considered starting a ROG ALLY thread but ill just put this here. 

I am installing some registry files to add some resolutions. Most notably 900p. 

This resolution is damn near 1080p. but it bumps performance by close to 25%. 
    If you're wondering why? 

Well 900 P with Radeon image sharpening actually looks better than 1080p. 

Running at 900P is going to give you some more battery life out of 15w while not losing any performance really. 

edited August 2023
    Had to turn the difficulty all the way down in baulders gate lol. I literally could not win any fights lmao. 

Git gud i know but i literally could not do anything in the game lmao. Only downfall is you cant multiclass, which blows but i plan to just switch back to balanced once i get a better feel for the game. 

The older i get the more i appreciate "story modes" lmao
    I never go all the way down to Story, but I been jus keeping it at Normal/Standard most of the time, especially when it’s already a long ass game. Don’t feel like adding 20-30 hours in replays.
    edited August 2023
    I rarely go this easy, but there are only 3 settings. Explorer, balanced, and tactical. 

It was either this or literally never play the 60 dollar game i just bought ever again lmao. Made it more enjoyable already. Got passed the part i was stuck on at the beginning, and now i can explore. Gonna bump it back up once ive gotten a few levels.

Game is wild though.