Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,661 spicy boy
    I'm hoping we get something on the last of us multi-player game. 

Too hype for that. The MP experience in the first game doesn't get talked about, but it was some of the most fun, intense, and unique MP I've ever played
    Are you still riding this games cock 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Finally bout to start Tears Of The Kingdom tonight let’s fucking go. 😤😤 

Didn’t get to play much over the weekend at all, so was still wrapping up Burning Shores last night. Great DLC. Took 15 hours for all trophies so the $20 price point ain’t bad honestly. Really was more of the same but the base game was so fucking fire that it don’t really matter lmao. I also did notice this looked a lil better than the base game. The DLC is PS5 only so they were able to showcase it’s full power a lil better and yea, as far as realistic graphics go, it’s easily the best looking game I’ve ever seen in my life. Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart is still better graphically, but since that’s a cartoony Pixar CGI style, it’s a lil hard to directly compare the 2. I will say that they should have done a lil more as far as landmarks go. The whole selling point of the DLC was that it was in LA, but due to it being post apocalyptic and all the heavy forestation and shit, it really jus ends up looking the same as the base map. The only part that actually looks like LA is when you come across the Hollywood sign. Otherwise it’s the same. Like I said, the post apocalyptic aspect makes it harder to pull off, but the Las Vegas area of the base map was distinctly Las Vegas regardless, so it can definitely be pulled off.
    Yikes yea TOTK is looking rough. I’m not getting frame drops but that resolution is not good. And that’s on the small OLED screen. I’m almost scared to dock it when I get home lmao. 🤦🏻‍♂️
    Fuck this is rough. It looks like a slideshow on the TV. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I’m honestly tempted to wait a few more weeks til the Ally drops and play it on there I can’t even lie. Over the weekend I got Yuzu set up and figured that all out so it would be quick and easy the second time around. The Galaxy Book can somewhat run shit on there, I tried Super Mario Odyssey and Kirby Return To Dreamland Deluxe and I can run those on lower resolutions, but TOTK kept straight up freezing and crashing, I don’t think it can handle that game. But the Ally for sure could and I got one locked in so I’m feeling like I might as well.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Thank God. 

I was going to go and get a oled today, but I'ma hold off if it's that bad. 

The switch operates better in docked mode so if you are getting frame drops you should use that. 

Does it look that bad on a TV? 

I played through the tutorial on the emulator and it looks good. It's still not fully optimized so there is some stuttering and a few frame drops in combat. I've got a pretty good pc so I don't think it's that. It's not top of the line but it's above average. 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Lol I told y’all niggas the truth and got disagreed for it. Keep sucking that Nintendo cock Jay. 

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Also new Mortal Kombat Sept 19th LFG

edited May 2023
    I think ima just cop it anyways. 

As much as I like the idea of playing for free, I don't really want to be tied to my pc. 

I'd rather play from the couch and they have some of the pokemon oled, which I like more than the zelda one, and I'm sick of asking my kid to borrow his switch lol
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Inb4 erik nuts
    Lolwut? Cool set I guess but I been very vocal about the fact that I hate fighting games lmao I couldn’t care less about the new MK. I’ll prolly cop the new DBZ Budokai strictly for nostalgia’s sake but that’s about it.
    edited May 2023
    Thank God. 

I was going to go and get a oled today, but I'ma hold off if it's that bad. 

The switch operates better in docked mode so if you are getting frame drops you should use that. 

Does it look that bad on a TV? 

I played through the tutorial on the emulator and it looks good. It's still not fully optimized so there is some stuttering and a few frame drops in combat. I've got a pretty good pc so I don't think it's that. It's not top of the line but it's above average. 
    Thankfully the LG CX is GOAT status so I was able to make a custom setting that makes it acceptable cause it has motion and blur smoothing and what not. Obviously it doesn’t actually boost the frame rate, but it gives the illusion that it somewhat does. Still, sad that I have to do that on a 2023 game. And put it like this, I been playing Wind Waker HD thru Cemu on my Galaxy Book, and even that looks better. Drop dead gorgeous actually. And that’s a 9 year old remaster of a 21 year old GameCube game lmfao. Wit an iGPU (Intel Iris XE) that is barely even considered a gaming GPU on top of all of that. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

But yea to answer your question, you can make it look decent enough if you already have a good OLED.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I'm not big on fighting games but god DAMN that MK trailer was fucking amazing 
    The only time I’ve ever played mortal Kombat was blacked out in some basement bar and I guess I gave Rex and jake the hands 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    FLAT said:
    The only time I’ve ever played mortal Kombat was blacked out in some basement bar and I guess I gave Rex and jake the hands 
    Nah I smoked you both
    I was drinking. The amount of fucks I couldn't care were probably in the negative
    edited May 2023
    Also, yeah zelda isnt emaculate visually, but honestly it runs pretty damn well for a game of this size and scope. 
    Hopefully they get it looking a little better though
    I don’t remember a lot from the night but I delivered hands.