Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Probably going to start zelda tonight. Get some good ass armor and the master sword off rip so im a little op to start the game lol. 

Anyone looking for walkthroughs or anything like that i highly recommend tagback tv for this one if you haven't already. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,703 spicy boy
    Jedi Survivor has been so damn good. That’s how you build on a game and make the sequel
    better. The lightsaber combat is so much better in this one. I like how they started you off as a seasoned Jedi and not having to kinda rebuild like you haven’t been running and training your powers for years lol
    but its really solid considering most star wars games suck lol. 
    Fucking what
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    That new Mouse game looks fun. Mix between cup head animation style and OG Doom =))
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,785 jayfacer
    Yeah it’s clearly unfinished but it has my interest lol
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Put about 12 hours into Zelda so far this weekend. Been a blast so far
    Jedi Survivor has been so damn good. That’s how you build on a game and make the sequel
    better. The lightsaber combat is so much better in this one. I like how they started you off as a seasoned Jedi and not having to kinda rebuild like you haven’t been running and training your powers for years lol
    Fucking what

Aside from the Lego games, just about every (not all but most) SW games has been ass since kotr 2
    Yeah, I just am getting to the second shrine in the tutorial and I'm just like holy shit this is cool lol. 

I like breath of the wild, but I wasn't crazy over it. 

This building shit is awesome though. I'm hype to get deep into this game.
    edited May 2023
    Fucking what

Aside from the Lego games, just about every (not all but most) SW games has been ass since kotr 2
    Again fucking what? Battlefront 2, Republic Commando, and Force Unleashed suck? There werent that many games released post-KOTOR 2, and yea you had shit like Star Wars Kinect, and EA's Battlefronts. But the vast majority of Star Wars games are awesome. 
    Yeah, I just am getting to the second shrine in the tutorial and I'm just like holy shit this is cool lol. 

I like breath of the wild, but I wasn't crazy over it. 

This building shit is awesome though. I'm hype to get deep into this game.
    And this is why Nintendo doesn't need to upgrade the Switch. They're playing in a different market. 
    edited May 2023
    I'm not playing it on a switch lmao
    Hogwarts legacy is getting better. The exploration is easily the best part even if it can get repetitive. Unlocked a broom and that’s been cool. Still not in love with it at about 23 hrs in
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Yer a fuckin Wizard Harry, what more do you want?
    Pass the god damn butter.
    fuck you can just throw your broken weapons to a rock in TOTK and the rock will suck it up and poop it out brand new not broken. 

Thank god. this was my biggest pet peeve with BOTW lol. i hate destructible weapons in games
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    And that shit still guaranteed gonna win GOTY across the board so clearly it ain’t that big of an issue lmao.
    Yeah cause nerds have a hard on for Nintendo products and let them butt rape them with no lube. I played all these games before. Nothing has changed. 

Dime2 said:
    Hogwarts legacy is getting better. The exploration is easily the best part even if it can get repetitive. Unlocked a broom and that’s been cool. Still not in love with it at about 23 hrs in
    Game was alright. Took me 34 hours to beat it and it left me feeling empty. One of those open world games with a lot clutter but not much to do. I did like the scenery but playing a lot these open world games feel like a chore more than having fun. 

Suck a dick Jay you don’t even comment anymore. Just lurk and hit that disagree button. Disagree these nuts. 

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,661 spicy boy
    NOCAP said:
    And that shit still guaranteed gonna win GOTY across the board so clearly it ain’t that big of an issue lmao.
    Yeah cause nerds have a hard on for Nintendo products and let them butt rape them with no lube. I played all these games before. Nothing has changed. 
    My buddy bought the special edition switch and still had to buy the game separately =))
    Yeah I hate that game companies don't include the game in the console bundle anymore
    edited May 2023
    Yer a fuckin Wizard Harry, what more do you want?
     Story wise, it’s not grabbing me yet, really. It’s moving far too slow in that aspect to keep me interested. The story pauses at one point for several hours because you forgot to bring a book with you, come the fuck on. Also, again, something about Hogwarts just feels off to me. I can’t pin it but I felt like I was finding more secrets and exploring more cool hidden shit in the Lego version of the castle. Almost all the secrets here require you to just have known alohomora. The characters are pretty weak outside of a couple of professors and literally like one student. The exploration is a blast especially when you get a broom but there’s a lot of grindy repetition in the over world even if it is fun to explore. Maybe I’m just not that far into it yet (I’ve only beaten the first trial and gotten Lognuk his helmet back) but yeah idk. It’s fun but not mind blowing (yet). Also, idk if it’s just been me because almost everyone I know has it for Ps5 but I’ve encountered ALOT of bugs on my PS4 copy most of them being reoccurring (opening chests but the game not telling me what item I got, random items clipping through the floor so I can’t pick them up after I raid a camp, when leaving a room and I have to hold square to exit it won’t work the first two times and I’ll do it a third time and walk away before I’m teleported back to said door and get the opening animation and my mega autist of a character not being able to open doors. I’m serious. He stands there every time I have to go through a door and just won’t do anything no matter what I do until he finally pushes it open). 
       I know it sounds like I hate it, I really don’t it’s just that this magical game is ironically nothing that special for me (yet).I don’t wanna be all negative so I’ll end with some positives. The game looks gorgeous, the set pieces are fantastic, the enemy designs are varied and interesting, exploration is tits and the field guide pages are really detailed, researched and charming and honestly the combat is far and away my favorite thing about it. I thought that would be the aspect they fucked up but juggling spells just doesn’t get old and I love it.