Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Where did you see that?
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    It was on Twitter. I had to go back and re order. 

Basically the same price as the 512 Steam Deck

Good looks, jus did the same. What a fucking score. Shit that’s LESS before taxes than the highest tier Steam Deck, for double the power lmao.
    Super aggressive pricing on Asus’ end. Not sure how they’re making any money. Microsoft is probably footing some of the bill promoting game pass and Asus wants you to buy their egpus. 

Yea, like I said that prolly ends up being the overall move for me. Them 4090 RG Mobiles ain’t even available rn even if I wanted to drop the 2 bands immediately but that’s honestly the most truly all in one way to do it that I been aiming for and turns everything into the Switch essentially. Would keep the eGPU plugged into my OLED so that docked mode would be plug and play, and could bring jus the Ally wit me and pick up right where I left off, no remote play needed. And that eGPU damn near matches high end PC performance so you’re not compromising in that regard either.

It’s been heavily rumored that the next major announcement for Xbox Cloud Gaming this year will be what I mentioned a lil earlier in this thread, you’ll be able to play every game from your owned library on the cloud, not only XGP games. And if that happens, I would for sure get rid of my XSX and play pretty much everything on the Ally/RG except PlayStation and Nintendo exclusives. Would jus suck because PS would be the only one lagging behind, where I would need to play remote play versions of the game to play on the go. Although if Xbox does pull the trigger on that, Sony jus might go ahead and make their cloud gaming more capable to match that as well. 

Either way it’s an exciting ass time for gaming and I think that’s why I been watching these devices so closely lately. Shit like this is what a lot of us always pictured and wished for gaming being capable of as kids, and we’re finally right at the doorstep. Shit gonna get real fucking nasty in the next 5 or so years lmao.
    Lmao. So I went to the midnight release of TOTK at GameStop to get my plaque, only for them to tell me they actually did the “midnight” release at 11, so all the plaques were gone.

I literally jus called yesterday to confirm if they were doing a midnight release or not. He said yes they are, and never said a word about it being at 11.

So now basically my only option is copping resale on eBay or Mercari, for an item that was supposed to be “secured” for free back in February.

The inevitable bankruptcy of that worthless company in a year or 2 will be fucking glorious.
    Also, finally finished Skyward Sword HD tonight.  Not too much to add on top of what I already said in my earlier impressions of the game, but yea this was overall a solid Zelda that could have been one of the classics of the franchise if a few of the glaring flaws were removed. A: The control scheme, as mentioned before. To the very final boss of the game and ending sequence, it bottlenecks the combat and what it could have been, because it’s all oversimplified to tap dance around what was always a very limited/handicapping system in the first place. Even the very final boss battle is dumbed down to: “Wait for attack, shield bash to parry and stun, slash sword in specific direction while enemy is stunned.” Because anything more complex than that would have made the game stupid hard for no reason. It’s a compromise that definitely takes away from the epic feel and scale of the big moments. 

B: There is WAYYYYYY too much fucking padding. Way too much shit getting needlessly dragged on, way too much returning to previous areas over and over again, in a way that never felt like it served any other purpose than literally adding length to the game. It definitely did not benefit the game whatsoever. I did notice beforehand that this was one of the main detractors in almost every review I saw, but got damn it really is egregious. This was a 48 hour playthrough and I would literally say that a good 10-15 of that was straight filler and padding that could have been removed from the game and absolutely nothing would be missing.

Overall tho I did enjoy the game, and Zelda is always consistent in producing a high quality game, but damn, this one really coulda soared so much higher without those bad design decisions in place. 7.5/10

Didn’t even intend to finish it directly leading into TOTK like this, but timing was perfect. Next “side”/older games up are Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD alongside TOTK. Bout to be a whole lotta Zelda over the next month or 2, I’m hype.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Yeah ima have to get one of those soon
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Lmao. So I went to the midnight release of TOTK at GameStop to get my plaque, only for them to tell me they actually did the “midnight” release at 11, so all the plaques were gone.

I literally jus called yesterday to confirm if they were doing a midnight release or not. He said yes they are, and never said a word about it being at 11.

So now basically my only option is copping resale on eBay or Mercari, for an item that was supposed to be “secured” for free back in February.

The inevitable bankruptcy of that worthless company in a year or 2 will be fucking glorious.
    They do rolling midnights now since 2018. Eastern time is midnight, central time is 11, and so on and so on. 
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    My fucking laptop is falling apart. Incredibly disappointed with the HP Omen. My speakers need replacing, the battery was always shit, and now my keyboard isn't working. The 'c' key, and '0', '2', '5' and '8' on the number pad intermittently work. Its so annoying, and impossible to type anything. This is the second laptop I've had where the keyboard failed after a couple years. It's always just a few keys too. So fucking irritating. This laptop is dated (it only has a 1070 graphics card) but I was hoping to at least get a few more years out of it before needing to upgrade, it's only a couple years old. 
    Lenovo Legion gang
    TOTK looks like complete shite. When will the Nintendo fanboys start holding them accountable for being years behind everyone else? 6 years later and they deliver the same game again and nerds are like 10/10. Wake up. 

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,703 spicy boy
    Xeno said:
    My fucking laptop is falling apart. Incredibly disappointed with the HP Omen. My speakers need replacing, the battery was always shit, and now my keyboard isn't working. The 'c' key, and '0', '2', '5' and '8' on the number pad intermittently work. Its so annoying, and impossible to type anything. This is the second laptop I've had where the keyboard failed after a couple years. It's always just a few keys too. So fucking irritating. This laptop is dated (it only has a 1070 graphics card) but I was hoping to at least get a few more years out of it before needing to upgrade, it's only a couple years old. 
    Lenovo Legion gang
    I might go MSI. Those seem nice
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,703 spicy boy
    NOCAP said:
    TOTK looks like complete shite. When will the Nintendo fanboys start holding them accountable for being years behind everyone else? 6 years later and they deliver the same game again and nerds are like 10/10. Wake up. 
    In what way? 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    NOCAP said:
    Chain link your neck.
    NOCAP said:
    yeah 100%. 

i really want to buy it tonight, but im holding off because it constant drops to 20 frames and is blurry as fuck

i mean its an accomplishment it runs as good as it does, but they have really failed with not releasing a new console
    NOCAP said:
    Chain link your neck.

facts>propaganda 
    And that shit still guaranteed gonna win GOTY across the board so clearly it ain’t that big of an issue lmao.