Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    edited May 2023
    Holy shit GameStop is so fucking garbage lmfao. So for Tears Of The Kingdom, they were offering a dope wooden plaque as a preorder bonus, so that’s the only reason I placed it thru them. Everybody else is doing some sort of preorder bonus as well, but most were lame in comparison, although Walmart’s scroll/poster they’re doing would be a close second. But come to find out, they announce last minute that online preorders need to print out their order confirmation and come in store anyways to pick theirs up, but on top of that, they’re not guaranteed and are first come first serve, and people that did in-store preorders are getting first priority on them. 😐 If they would have said that in the first place, I would have jus placed it in store. But to my understanding, even in-store preorders are not guaranteed either, so it’s the same scenario either way pretty much. So I now basically have to go to the midnight launch tomorrow if I want to get it, even tho my copy of the game itself is currently in the mail and on the way to me. 🤦🏻‍♂️ That’s so fucking backwards bro jus ship them wit the preorder copies and use some common fucking sense. I never seen anything like this. That’s the whole point of a preorder incentive anyways, otherwise I woulda preordered elsewhere. It’s damn near a bait and switch, especially the way nothing was mentioned about this until launch week. And if they were limited, then it’s as simple as something like “Only first 10,000 online preorders get the plaque.” and then it’s cut off after that, and each physical store only gets a select amount and what not. It’s bare minimum logic and how this type of shit is done 99% of the time. Incompetence smfh this is exactly why they’re gonna sink.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,703 spicy boy
    Yea, Gamestop fucking sucks and are run by a bunch of inept retarded people 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    edited May 2023
    In case yall are unaware, this website draculabyte.com sells video game shirts that are fused wit Metal band logos. Here’s a few quick examples:

I’m DEFINITELY getting me a few of these lmao these are fucking dope.
    Yo who’s logo is this one originally:

It’s driving me absolutely fucking nuts because it’s at the tip of my tongue and I know I know it. I thought Jungle Rot for a second but I don’t think that’s it. It’s an older band, I wanna say a classic Death Metal band.
    Nvm, answered my own question lmao, it’s Lordi.

Reason I was struggling was cause I never listened to them, but it was familiar because I remember drawing all the logos from the initial Mayhem Fest flyer as a kid lmao
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,785 jayfacer
    Roughly 10 hours into Hogwarts Legacy. It’s okay so far. Nothing mind blowing yet. It feels weirdly empty at times and I swear to god the Lego Harry Potter version of Hogwarts did this better lmao
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    weird memory unlocked

I barely remember Lordi’s set.  I took too many shrooms and all I remember was that it was mid day, they had costumes, and there was an umbrella with sparks. That’s literally all I remember. By the time Static X came on, I couldn’t even see to the stage anymore, anything more than 4-5 feet away was just a keleidoscope of colors and geometrical patterns. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Dime2 said:
    Roughly 10 hours into Hogwarts Legacy. It’s okay so far. Nothing mind blowing yet. It feels weirdly empty at times and I swear to god the Lego Harry Potter version of Hogwarts did this better lmao
    Im close to 50 hours and am still enjoying it. Best open world experience in years imo. I dont know why, I usually HATE open world games, but something about Hogwarts sucks me in 
    Finally completely finished wit Saints Row 3 and can put that piece of complete fucking garbage to rest forever. Fuck top 10, that might be legitimately THEE worst game I have ever played. I struggle to think of any other game that I ever through and through hated like this game. Jus absolute irredeemable horseshit and an insult to play. The only positive I can give it is that the soundtrack is legitimately fantastic, and that has nothing to do wit any actual gameplay. I need to stop doing it to myself and jus not finish games and drop them when they’re this bad. At no point in the 53 hour playthrough was it ever fun. This is the first time a game has made me legitimately angry not because it’s hard, but because it’s that fucking broken and horrible. 

Now that it’s done tho, running thru the Burning Shores DLC for Forbidden West real quick since it’s only about 8-10 hours for all trophies, cause Tears Of The Kingdom is getting pushed straight to the front of the line jus like Ragnarok was, and it’ll be a very long playthrough, so wanted to clear this real quick beforehand, cause I had it since release day at the end of last month but it was already held off for this bullshit smh.
    weird memory unlocked

I barely remember Lordi’s set.  I took too many shrooms and all I remember was that it was mid day, they had costumes, and there was an umbrella with sparks. That’s literally all I remember. By the time Static X came on, I couldn’t even see to the stage anymore, anything more than 4-5 feet away was just a keleidoscope of colors and geometrical patterns. 
    Mission successful lmao. Crazy to think that was 15 years ago. Jesus Christ.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Crazy Town is the only band I've seen booed off the stage in the sense that they cut their set short because it got so bad, but Lordi was almost second.

Their lead singer was curtseying and flipping off the crowd the entire set as they booed 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    I’m a crazy son of a bitch. I preordered the Ally too. Lmao

GANG. 😤😤

First thing I’m gonna do is put a 2TB SSD in there. 

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,661 spicy boy
    Dime2 said:
    Im close to 50 hours and am still enjoying it. Best open world experience in years imo. I dont know why, I usually HATE open world games, but something about Hogwarts sucks me in 

I got 76hours in like 85%. The game gets real good once you get your broom. 
    edited May 2023
    NOCAP said:
    First thing I’m gonna do is put a 2TB SSD in there. 
    Factamundo. It takes a 2230 right? Finna cop it ahead of time so I can pop it in day one.
    Yup 2230. Hope it’s as easy as the Deck. Wish we could do something about that battery…

edited May 2023
    I think we’re at least 5 or so years away from any of these things having GREAT battery life. I mean you want all that power, matching a full blown console/PC, but running off strictly battery. It’s hard to pull off and as it stands, the battery would prolly have to be massive to pull it off. To me it doesn’t matter anyways because I’ll basically always be playing it plugged in regardless. Primary use for away from home will be at work, and that’s always sitting down plugged in regardless. And it’s not like I get massive long sessions in in that scenario anyways. Who really uses any of these, Switch included, 100% on the go and for long ass sessions? During commute? I drive so that’s out. Only time I use public transportation is to go to shows/events downtown and I ain’t lugging all that wit me anyways. And even people that use public transportation daily for work and shit, what is it each way? Like 30-60 minutes tops? So there’s really not many cases at all where these would even NEED massive battery life. Jus keep a charger wit you in your carrying case and you good to go lol.
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,785 jayfacer
    FLAT said:
    Dime2 said:

I got 76hours in like 85%. The game gets real good once you get your broom. 
     I’m enjoying it I’m just not in love with it (yet)
    My fucking laptop is falling apart. Incredibly disappointed with the HP Omen. My speakers need replacing, the battery was always shit, and now my keyboard isn't working. The 'c' key, and '0', '2', '5' and '8' on the number pad intermittently work. Its so annoying, and impossible to type anything. This is the second laptop I've had where the keyboard failed after a couple years. It's always just a few keys too. So fucking irritating. This laptop is dated (it only has a 1070 graphics card) but I was hoping to at least get a few more years out of it before needing to upgrade, it's only a couple years old. 
    $70 off the Ally if you have a Best Buy CC