Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,703 spicy boy
    Man why are some companies so fucking stupid with the way they print games?

The Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection released LAST FUCKING WEEK, and it's been impossible to find on Switch. Target NEVER carried it. Amazon and Best Buy had just enough for pre-orders. Gamestop is Gamestop and cancels orders all the time. I didnt pre-order it because I thought I'd just be able to walk into the store and pick it up, and it's impossible. It's going for $100 on Ebay now, and even Amazon is upselling it for $75. Its retarded. FOR A NEW FUCKING GAME THAT CAME OUT LAST WEEK, AND WASN'T ADVERTISED AS LIMITED. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    edited April 2023
    Not to mention the Mega Man X Legacy Collection Vol 2 ONLY got a physical release in Japan, and the Mega Man Legacy Collection Vol 2 ONLY got a physical release in Japan... THAT WAS PART OF A 5 GAME COLLECTION. I want them physical, but it will cost me $400+ to get them in part of a 5 game collection, that I already own 3 of the games for. 

I wish Capcom treated Mega Man fans the way they treat Resident Evil fans
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Unfortunately bullshit like that is gonna happen the more and more the industry continues to prioritize digital.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    It's been getting harder and harder for me to get new movies on Betamax.
    Xeno said:
    That would be an apt analogy if Betamax was still a thing, but it never even took off. Im complaining about new Switch games being hard to find on the current console. Fuck digital only
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Is snap glicthed or is there an event? This is the third time it's letting me clear the weekly thing at the top this week lol
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Xeno said:
    That would be an apt analogy if Betamax was still a thing, but it never even took off. Im complaining about new Switch games being hard to find on the current console. Fuck digital only
    I made a funny dammit
    Man you know your console sucks when emulators are advertising that they will have the new Zelda game ready day 1 lol. 

Really interested to see how that preforms on the switch. Also if it looks like what they have been showing lol
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Damn they’re talking the Ally coming out in two weeks and it’s gonna be below a G. Idk I was sold on April 1st now I’m like idk. Aokzoe got another handheld setup for preorder on Sunday. I got to make a decision soon on what I’m going to buy in on. 

Ed, (Or anyone else on here that does emulation.) you know if save states can be transferred between devices for emulated games? Let’s say for instance I copped an Ally, which I’m legitimately potentially interested in, I know I would have to reinstall the emulators and the ROMs themselves, but after that, I would be able to simply copy the saves folder from any given emulator and jus paste it into the other device’s saves folder, and it would transition over seamlessly correct?
    I don't do a lot of emulating anymore, but from my IT knowledge as long as it's the same version of the emulator, I would think it would work? 

But again I don't really know. I'm just not sure why it wouldn't 
    I'm still kind of on the fence about these things pc minis right now. 

I want one, but I also kind of want to wait a few years until they are better.
    Yea that’s basically why I returned the Steam Deck. The potential is there, but I felt like I was playing a blueprint/prototype. It honestly shouldn’t have been released yet. Especially when even the cheapest model is still more expensive than a fully and more capable console. 

I’m interested in the Ally since the specs are a lot better and it’s also Windows native instead of garbage Linux, but at the rate these are moving, there will prolly be an even better, more powerful one in 6-12 months lmao.
    Ed, (Or anyone else on here that does emulation.) you know if save states can be transferred between devices for emulated games? Let’s say for instance I copped an Ally, which I’m legitimately potentially interested in, I know I would have to reinstall the emulators and the ROMs themselves, but after that, I would be able to simply copy the saves folder from any given emulator and jus paste it into the other device’s saves folder, and it would transition over seamlessly correct?
    You can but the emulator needs to be the same version that the save state is on. If it’s two different versions it won’t work. 

Yea that’s basically why I returned the Steam Deck. The potential is there, but I felt like I was playing a blueprint/prototype. It honestly shouldn’t have been released yet. Especially when even the cheapest model is still more expensive than a fully and more capable console. 

I’m interested in the Ally since the specs are a lot better and it’s also Windows native instead of garbage Linux, but at the rate these are moving, there will prolly be an even better, more powerful one in 6-12 months lmao.
    Look into GPD Win 4, OneXPlayer 2, and AOKZOE A1. All have better performance than the deck but will cost you the most money. The deck is an incredible piece of hardware for the price that it is at and the support is top notch. I’m just itching for something with a little more juice but I always end up going back to my deck. I’m definitely copping the Ally if we’re talking $700 because that’s an insane price. I’m just skeptical of the battery life because they decided to use a 120Hz screen. 

I'm still kind of on the fence about these things pc minis right now. 

I want one, but I also kind of want to wait a few years until they are better.
    They’re good right now. This isn’t a new thing. Valve made it popular when they announced the steam deck. You can play pretty much any game you want on these things. Only issue you’ll run into is battery life if you’re running something very demanding and your TDP is high. There are smaller options available if you just want to get on the emulation scene. 

Yeah I can tell you just 60 fps kills my phone battery lol.

Yeah I'm to get a higher end one by the end of the year I think

Torn between this or the Ally. I feel like the A1 pro is going to have better performance than the Ally due to the ram. It’s definitely going to have a better battery life. Probably going to end up with both. Lmao

Yo wait so on that same note about emulation….if you want a permanent save state that you could come back to and continue years later, jus like a “real” save state on a memory card or hard drive, you effectively have to permanently stay on whatever version of the emulator you’re on and can never update? I did notice that on PCXS2. I downloaded The Simpsons Hit & Run, and I didn’t actually start a full playthrough yet, but I had initially fucked around for a few minutes jus to test it. I came back to it a few days later to try a different controller configuration, and there was an update for PCSX2. I installed it and when I started the game up, it said something about the save file being corrupted because of the software version. I lost nothing because like I said, I only played five minutes to make sure it was running correctly, but that’s a problem and a major oversight when I actually start playing thru these bitches if that’s the case smh.