Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,703 spicy boy
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Jake you still playing snap? 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    You trying to sell that pokemon one?
    Thinking about it. Might hold on to it for awhile until the switch is at the end of its life span and people want all the collectible ones. 

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Jake you still playing snap? 
    Yeah pretty heavy. You? 
    I didn't for a bit, but I've been playing the last week or two a bit. Enough to do all the free missions. 

I'm only on like level 340 on the collectable rank, but now that I got up to mid silver it's starting to not be a win ever game. 

It's pretty lit though. 
    ASUS ROG Ally coming out and supposed to be more powerful than the steam deck? I’d be surprised if it’s around the same price point but I might have to cop. 

• Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,785 jayfacer
    Beat (and got the platinum) on Mass Effect 2. Holy fuck balls what a game. The shooting and gunplay is improved ten fold over the first, no janky and shitty vehicle controls anymore, the stakes are higher and the writing is much tighter. The missions feel weightier and I loved, absolutely LOVED all but one of the squad members. 
       Getting the bigger and more diverse squad was a great touch and whoever thought of giving them loyalty missions deserves a pay raise. Best part of the game for me. I didn’t like Jacob, but everyone else is so well developed and likable, both the new characters and the returning characters get such an upgrade in personality and charm. Made that last mission a gut punch for me when I lost my two favorites during it (Tali and Mordin). I can’t even fathom how much work went into their dialogue but everyone is amazing, even Zaeed and Kosumi who I later found out were added via DLC feel like they 100% belong and were there from the beginning. 
       The paragon/renegade options getting reaction commands during dialogue was a nice touch and I’ve never played a game where the gravity of your actual choices carries so much weight it adds to the intensity masterfully. I was baffled by how many things carried over from the first game and just how many rough choices had to be made here. 
       Speaking of that, the last mission is hands down one of the best missions I’ve played in any video game ever. Thinking back on it, they do a stellar job right from the beginning hinting at you needing to buy certain upgrades and pay attention to certain things without tipping their hat for what’s in store. The story and pacing is also spectacular and Shepard himself felt more alive in this game than he did in the first one. Huge fan of damn near everything this installment does. With the exception of Ashley, they even utilized your old squad members that don’t re up very well (though idk if I did something in the first Mass Effect or during 2 that influences why Ash hates me now besides joining Cerberus). Charlie Sheen also kills it as The Elusive Man and who ever plays Mordin is a Diamond in the rough. 
       I had an absolute blast with this one and am 1.) Very happy I toughed out and played the first game through and 2.) Unreasonably hype for 3 that you would think it’s a week away from release not a game that’s been out for a decade lol easy easy 8.5/10 for me. The only real problem is the AI can still be kinda shitty and I really wish they’d just let you jump instead of having to crouch and vault because that fucked me up a couple times lol 
    FIRENATHANIELHACKETT 

Hopefully I'll be through the collection tier by the end of the weekend and have all the cards then I can smash you
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    edited April 2023
    Man let’s fucking go, Galaxy Book is strong enough to run PS3 and 360 games too. Got RSPC3 downloaded and was trying it a lil bit last night and today. Gonna download Xenia today and get that ready to go and then I’ll be fully loaded. Got Cemu and Dolphin set up for GameCube, Wii, and Wii U, PCSX2 for PS2, RSPC3 for PS3, now jus need Xemu and Xenia for Xbox and Xbox 360. Anything past that I can obviously jus play on current consoles and then anything older, if I think of any I wanna play, I’ll prolly jus install like RetroArch or something since it’s all in one.

This shit is so dope tho lmao emulation is a whole new ballgame to me. Never got into it or attempted any of it until now so it’s literally a new world to me. Making all the old shit fresh again. 🙏🏻 Definitely bout to have a lil separate backlog of older shit to catch up on now lmao.
    Post edited by EpisodeMnH on
    Emulation is the future

FIRENATHANIELHACKETT 

Hopefully I'll be through the collection tier by the end of the weekend and have all the cards then I can smash you
    I'll beat the breaks off you boi
    i just finally got to pool 3, so the real grind begins lol
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Made the mistake of starting a new XCOM 2 playthrough over the weekend
    Xeno said:
    Did you ever pick up Midnight Suns? Marvel Xcom type game from the same devs. Everyone says it's good but my laptop can't run it
    Is that what that game is? I've been meaning to look into whatever it was lol
    You peep the companion snap app or whatever? 

Gives you an easy way to track your collection

Nah I'll peep though. What's it called? 
    edited April 2023
    Snap tracker

It's in beta I think, but once you give it access it even tracks your matches and stuff.

I was mostly looking for a way to track what cards I have though. 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Xeno said:
    Did you ever pick up Midnight Suns? Marvel Xcom type game from the same devs. Everyone says it's good but my laptop can't run it
    No I haven't

Still have the XCOM-type Battletech game and Project Phoenix from the original XCOM creator on backlog
    Just got Shuri out of the token shop boiii