Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,785 jayfacer
    *Retarded fuck
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    🤣🤣🤣🤣
    edited March 2023
    Tbh pulled the trigger jus because it’s an all in one of a lot of devices I been considering getting. As I said in my other post, been wanting a cheap laptop to run Rocksmith+ and learn guitar, can now install Windows and do that, and I can dock it and run it thru my TV for a big display. Also been considering an iPad or some form of tablet strictly because a lot of my show and movie time is now completely on the go, either at work or while cooking, showering, etc. cause it’s really the only time I have for it, so wanted a bigger screen than my phone for that due to how frequent it’s viewed like that, I now have that as well. There’s also the fact of how much I now play both my PS5 and XSX on my Backbone. Apparently Chiaki runs remote play for both consoles smoother and wit less input lag than either of their 2 native remote play apps, and on a bigger screen than my phone to boot, so it will now be used for that as well. And then finally, I at some point wanted to buy a used Wii U, strictly to play Super Mario Galaxy 2, Wind Waker HD, and Twilight Princess HD. SMG2 I never played whatsoever, and the 2 Zeldas I had only ever started when I was younger, but never finished. All 3 are up in the air as far as ever getting Switch ports, so I needed some other method to play those. I can now emulate all 3 on the Deck. Between a used Wii U and the 3 games, that already would have been $200+, so a third of the Deck price for something that would only serve that one singular purpose only to never be touched again lmao. That alone basically makes it worth it.

Funny enough, actual PC gaming will prolly be my last priority and least used function of the Deck. I jus like the console ecosystems, especially being a trophy hunter and having all the trophies tied to my accounts and shit. And obviously PS5 and XSX perform and look better than the Deck in docked mode, so it’s not a replacement in that regard either. But obviously that function is jus icing on the cake and will definitely get used at points, especially for games where I know I’m not gonna go for the Platinum and don’t give a fuck what I play it on, like the Dead Space remake. I already copped that for XSX, but if I hadn’t, that would prolly be my first Steam Deck game tbh. 

But it’s more than worth it for everything I want it for. Let’s say I cop a cheap laptop, cheap iPad, and the Wii U, that’s still $1,000+ minimum, and 3 separate devices. This serves all those purposes and then some for $600. No brainer.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    I'm just waiting for a switch 2. If I want to play those games on a TV I just hook my tower up to it. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    My Binding of Isaac 4 Souls Big Boi Box I preordered from Kickstarter finally arrived today. It was a fun process seeing it go from an idea to a final product. I‘ve got 1,000 inner card sleeves also on the way, to be followed by 1,000 outer card sleeves. I’ll have almost as much in sleeves as the game cost, but the cards will be well protected.  

Pass the god damn butter.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,703 spicy boy
    I think my brother bought that 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Steam Deck came today. 🤘🏻 

Finna set up the emulator and remote play and get that knocked out. Windows I can do later cause I still needa grab a guitar and everything for Rocksmith+ first, and that’s all I would be using the Windows side for.
    Steam Deck came today. 🤘🏻 

Finna set up the emulator and remote play and get that knocked out. Windows I can do later cause I still needa grab a guitar and everything for Rocksmith+ first, and that’s all I would be using the Windows side for.
    Just get normal Rocksmith off of Steam. One time purchase, no monthly fee, and you can mod nearly any song into it

About 4 hours into Mass Effect 2 after detouring with Pokémon. Such a massive improvement over the first already 
    My stack of Isaac cards to double sleeve. 

Fuck, what a time consuming job that was. Almost 1,000 cards single sleeved, and I still have like 800 cards to put into the outer sleeves. Those haven’t arrived yet so thankfully I get to take a break. Then they have to sorted and the decks have to be balanced. 

Nvm, returning the Steam Deck lmao. Thing is honestly a piece of shit. Especially for the way I wanna use it. Does a lil bit of everything but in the most out of the way, time consuming way possible. And the fact that streaming is in 720p lmfaoooo. Literally makes me wanna stay on my way smaller phone screen, which defeats the purpose. And Chiaki even is an entire mission if you wanna set it up for remote play outside of your network, which is literally the only way I’d be using it. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

So what I instead did, was I jus copped a Galaxy Book2 Pro 360. It’s a 2 in 1 that’s both a laptop and a tablet. 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD like the Steam Deck, but way better processor and resolution. Bout $400 more, but does everything I need it to WAY more efficiently and intuitively, at a higher level of performance, and an AMOLED screen. 

Only good thing about the entire fucking migraine that the past 2 whole days was, was the fact that I now know the whole emulation process, so it should be a breeze to set up on the Galaxy, especially since it’s Windows. And I can use my Switch Pro controller since they were all Nintendo games.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Diabo IV is going to be absolute magic
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Nvm, returning the Steam Deck lmao. Thing is honestly a piece of shit. Especially for the way I wanna use it. Does a lil bit of everything but in the most out of the way, time consuming way possible. And the fact that streaming is in 720p lmfaoooo. Literally makes me wanna stay on my way smaller phone screen, which defeats the purpose. And Chiaki even is an entire mission if you wanna set it up for remote play outside of your network, which is literally the only way I’d be using it. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

So what I instead did, was I jus copped a Galaxy Book2 Pro 360. It’s a 2 in 1 that’s both a laptop and a tablet. 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD like the Steam Deck, but way better processor and resolution. Bout $400 more, but does everything I need it to WAY more efficiently and intuitively, at a higher level of performance, and an AMOLED screen. 

Only good thing about the entire fucking migraine that the past 2 whole days was, was the fact that I now know the whole emulation process, so it should be a breeze to set up on the Galaxy, especially since it’s Windows. And I can use my Switch Pro controller since they were all Nintendo games.
    What were you trying to use the steam deck for? Im confused as why you would downgrade to an android device. Emulation is fine on Android but no where near what a handheld pc can do. 

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Also Resident Evil 4 is gas. Playing through it on hardcore

NOCAP said:

What were you trying to use the steam deck for? Im confused as why you would downgrade to an android device. Emulation is fine on Android but no where near what a handheld pc can do. 
    Yea I think Erik just didnt really "get" what the Steam Deck is for. Its a gaming PC on the go, moreso than it is one of those plug and play emulation handhelds. If you arent comitted to the PC experience, it probably isnt the thing to use
    edited March 2023
    NOCAP said:

Yea I think Erik just didnt really "get" what the Steam Deck is for. Its a gaming PC on the go, moreso than it is one of those plug and play emulation handhelds. If you arent comitted to the PC experience, it probably isnt the thing to use
    No, I get exactly what it is. But my point is that every single process on there is completely from the ground up and out of your way. For instance, shit as simple as installing streaming apps on there, it’s not even a dedicated “app”. You create your own Google Chrome pathways that lead to the web browser page of each website. And then on top of that, if you want it to look professional and have all the correct logos, you need to then go and download logo packs for every single one of them and manually input all of them for each one. And then Chiaki, if you want to remote play away from home, you need to go into your router settings and set a static IP, change shit around, fuck wit settings, etc. when on a dedicated Windows laptop or even my fucking phone, it’s as simple as simply logging into the official apps and connecting, from anywhere I’m at. Everything is too out of the way and DIY. Call it laziness or whatever but I bought it for convenience’ sake, not for everything that I want it to do to be a complete fucking job, at a lesser level of performance to boot, making the effort feel not even worth it. All that jus to watch streaming shit, and all you get out of it is 720p wit horrible quiet ass built in speakers lmfao.

Also, how am I downgrading to an “Android device”? The Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 is a straight up Windows 11 laptop that also runs in tablet mode.
    Same RAM, same SSD, but better processor, better resolution, and better screen. In what way is that a downgrade? Plus it runs Windows so everything I need it for will be WAY more convenient as it should be and not a fucking chore. Now I could have installed Windows on the Deck like I originally planned, but it’s not a Windows native device so it’s not optimized and prolly comes wit it’s own set of problems, and like I said there’s the issue of the garbage resolution. There’s an issue when I still instead want to use a screen less than half the size because the picture is that bad. So that doesn’t go away whether I run Linux or Windows.
    NOCAP said:

No, I get exactly what it is. But my point is that every single process on there is completely from the ground up and out of your way. For instance, shit as simple as installing streaming apps on there, it’s not even a dedicated “app”. You create your own Google Chrome pathways that lead to the web browser page of each website. And then on top of that, if you want it to look professional and have all the correct logos, you need to then go and download logo packs for every single one of them and manually input all of them for each one. And then Chiaki, if you want to remote play away from home, you need to go into your router settings and set a static IP, change shit around, fuck wit settings, etc. when on a dedicated Windows laptop or even my fucking phone, it’s as simple as simply logging into the official apps and connecting, from anywhere I’m at. Everything is too out of the way and DIY. Call it laziness or whatever but I bought it for convenience’ sake, not for everything that I want it to do to be a complete fucking job, at a lesser level of performance to boot, making the effort feel not even worth it. All that jus to watch streaming shit, and all you get out of it is 720p wit horrible quiet ass built in speakers lmfao.

Also, how am I downgrading to an “Android device”? The Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 is a straight up Windows 11 laptop that also runs in tablet mode.
    Like I said, its a PC, not a plug and play handheld of tablet. Its no different than a laptop