Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,702 spicy boy
    I dont agree. Forgotten Lair felt fluid to me.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,714 jayfacer
    UR GENDER IS FLUID FAGGOT LOL

Naw but for real that shit was ass tho lmao series is 0/2 for me, I’m good on it moving forward. Luckily I caught this on sale for $6 tho so either way it ain’t any loss really.
    I also thought it was extremely lazy  for half of the total levels to jus be remixes of the 20 base levels. Granted some of them were really clever flips design wise, but overall it was lazy and copy pasting a level and throwing sheets of ice on the ground doesn’t qualify as a different level IMO.
    Man Deathloop is so fucking cold wtf. Another one that has me asking why the fuck I skipped it. Time FLIES playing this game. And I see why everybody was immediately able to piece together the fact that it’s part of the Dishonored universe. It’s blatant lmao. I woulda guessed the same even without seeing the rumors and confirmation. It’s literally the exact same. Jus a slightly more modern and lively, less dark and dreary, less stealth based Dishonored. Not a thing either where it’s similar simply because it’s the same developer, like Prey had similarities, but clearly the exact same universe instead. I love it.
    IT HAS ARRIVED. 😤😤

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Man new GOW is pretty tight in some areas. It really is better in most areas around Kratos that made the last game fun. 

Short of major spoilers here,but I am going to talk about some gameplay elements here. 

So you switch off Kratos at time and control the kid. It's like complete reverting back in time with the combat. Makes those parts of the story a real slog. 

The gameplay is pretty good, but overall my feelings are pretty mixed at about 15 hours in. 
    Was able to cop The Witcher 3 Complete Edition for $25. PS4 but the PS5 next gen upgrade is free. Have no clue when I’m gonna get around to it cause that’s a Valhalla length playthrough, but at that price I had to grab it regardless.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Unlike Valhalla, Wild Hunt and the DLCs are enjoyable all the way through. Pissed because I started a playthrough on PC recently and a little bit into it the next gen update hit, which is mandatory on PC but horrible for performance. Heard it runs fine on the PS5/Series though
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Metroid Fusion available on Nintendo Switch Online let's FUCKING GO
    Xeno said:
    Unlike Valhalla, Wild Hunt and the DLCs are enjoyable all the way through. Pissed because I started a playthrough on PC recently and a little bit into it the next gen update hit, which is mandatory on PC but horrible for performance. Heard it runs fine on the PS5/Series though
    What platform do you have it on?
    Reread the post you quoted man lmao

I only have my laptop at the moment
    Xeno said:
    Reread the post you quoted man lmao

I only have my laptop at the moment
    I meant Steam, or GOG
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,785 jayfacer
    edited March 2023
    GET HYPE THEN LINE UP TO GET WRECKED MOTHERFUCKERS :!!!!!!!! THE GOAT IS BACK. 

https://youtu.be/ihH3D80mIRI
    Post edited by Dime2 on
    Finished Deathloop last night. Still got miscellaneous trophies left for the Platinum, should be maybe 6-8 more hours for mop-up. But yea that shit was fucking gas. Regret skipping it initially. I thought I would hate the time loop mechanic but it’s honestly extremely satisfying becoming more and more powerful each time and making more and more progress, unraveling all the steps you need to do. It makes it to where it honestly doesn’t feel repetitive, even tho the entire system is based on repetition. I honestly kinda liked this more than Dishonored jus due to the fact it’s a lil faster paced (While still encouraging overall stealth.) and I like the brighter aesthetic of it’s world as opposed to Dishonored’s dark and dreary. Although they’re 2 sides of the same coin because this is literally the Dishonored universe, but brighter and more modern, as I mentioned before. Only thing that really knocks any points off of this is the aiming never really feels 100% right, which should not be the case in a shooter, even if it’s not a standard shooter and is more stealth based like this. It never feels QUITE locked in, no matter which way you slide the settings. I seen online that this was a widespread problem, wit a lotta people suggesting to moreso strafe to aim, instead of pure aiming. But game was fire as fuck and playing this back to back after Prey has me sold, anything Arkane drops from this point forward is day one must play. One of the most unique devs doin it. Although Redfall I’m cautiously in on, it looks unusually basic for an Arkane game, but I’ll see what the reviews are lookin like on that one. 9/10
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    yeah the combat kind of sucks but the rest of that game is awesome. 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,785 jayfacer
    Finally beat Mass Effect and ended up enjoying it wayyyyy more than I thought I could due to the rough first couple of hours. The combat was still a little clunky throughout and definitely shows its age but once you get used to it, it’s not horrible. The cover system still kinda sucks and the AI is atrocious but, outside of maybe 2 or 3 segments I never really got stuck once I figured out weapon upgrades and whatnot. 
       I think my biggest problem in the beginning was that you throw this clunky, old and unpolished combat on top of an overwhelming amount of exposition and lore that the game tries to throw at you. I was completely lost and overwhelmed for the first chunk of this game and, imo, it doesn’t really get going until after you become a Spectre. After that, it got pretty damn fun. Loved all the mainline missions afterwards and exploring the galaxy and I really liked that you can land on and explore non story related planets even if they were a little bare bones. The story also really started to grab me and I got super invested in the reapers and sovereign and such.
        I’ll also definitely give credit where credit is due, the dialogue options and multiple branching paths were done to perfection. Rarely do I play a game like this where it feels like the choices you’re actually making make a difference but they do a fantastic job of showing you the consequence to the decisions you make or having you have to make a tough call. I found most of the characters likable and, while Shepard himself wasn’t super engaging, he was fine. 
          Super slow start but eventually it hits the ground running so I’ll go 6/10. Nothing mind blowing but not a bad experience. Actually maybe 5/10 because the Mako Car might actually be the worst fucking cock sucking piece of dogshit I’ve ever controlled in a video game ever. 
    THE MAKO WILL KILL YOU AND EVERYONE YOU'VE EVER LOVED

PRAISE MAKO