Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    When I'm trying to get people to try ME for the first time I usually tell them to start off on 2, because you can just watch a 10 minute youtube recap of the first one. It's ornery and dated if you don't have nostalgia for the first game.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,702 spicy boy
    Yea I spoke too soon on Prey. It DOES take entirely too long to pick up and I know that would throw a lot of people off but now that it did the game is fucking incredible. Plays entirely differently once you can actually competently fight back lmao. 

Matter fact, I’m actually enjoying it enough that I’m prolly bout to add one more unintentional detour game to the list and play Deathloop after this, cause it’s “free” for PS+ Extra and up. That whole aesthetic and distinct type of setting like BioShock, Dishonored, Prey, etc. is so fucking addicting once you sink into it, and Deathloop was one of those games that I was always on the fence about but ultimately skipped because of the time loop mechanic. But for free and what I’m reading is only a 15-20 hour Platinum, I might as well while I’m already in the mood for Arkane games wit Prey.
    You should look up a history of Prey video. It has a fairly interesting and controversial history
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Still waiting on MC’s Hogwarts video. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Still waiting on MC’s Hogwarts video. 
    Its gonna be a while. Sonic Frontiers is next
    Interesting decision. Strike while the iron is cold I guess. 
    Video timing is crucial. One quick check of YouTube shows most sonic frontier videos being 3 months old already. The hot window for that game was 3 months ago. Hogwarts is hot NOW. People are searching for it NOW. The void of people not reviewing it is already being filled. The longer you wait, the less people will be searching for it and the fewer views you will get. 
    Im only like 10 hours into it. I dont have time to "strike while the irons hot", it takes me a long time to finish games, so I review em when I review em. Is what it is. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Man we gotta have a serious talk about something. 

That something is the absolute dogshit that is the switch console. 

Like it's awesome. But it's dated afafaf. Why are they trying to sell me full price games on a shell of a system that barely works. 

Pokemon unite is a moba, and when you select your mon you pick you lane. My guy likes center. 

I lose center sometimes because I have a dope ass skin that takes longer to load in than anyone else. 

Also, pokemon S/V is pretty lit, if it wasn't total dogshit visually lol. 

How are they expecting Zelda to preform on this thing really? 
    I mean, most first party games run perfectly on the Switch. They know how to make games for their console. Idc about 4k ultra realistic graphics, especially if that means I can play portably, so I dont mind the Switch at all. Breath of the Wild runs fine on Switch, new Zelda will too. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Man we gotta have a serious talk about something. 

That something is the absolute dogshit that is the switch console. 

Like it's awesome. But it's dated afafaf. Why are they trying to sell me full price games on a shell of a system that barely works. 

Pokemon unite is a moba, and when you select your mon you pick you lane. My guy likes center. 

I lose center sometimes because I have a dope ass skin that takes longer to load in than anyone else. 

Also, pokemon S/V is pretty lit, if it wasn't total dogshit visually lol. 

How are they expecting Zelda to preform on this thing really? 
    Pokemon looks like dogshit because Game freak is a dogshit developer. Look at their flagship first party games like Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, Metroid Dread, Fire Emblem Three Houses, etc. They look and run great. 

Third party stuff can look awful sometimes. Hogwarts Legacy is gonna look awful like Cyberpunk on the ps4 I guarantee 
    Yea, I personally didnt have issues with Scarlet/Violet, but Gamefreak notoriously cuts corners when developing their games. And Unite, as I said, is made by Tencent. A Chinese company that specializes in mobile games - yea no shit that runs like ass. 
    sure they look fine, but the console still crashes. They absolutely need a new version at this point. 
    Yea, I personally didnt have issues with Scarlet/Violet, but Gamefreak notoriously cuts corners when developing their games. And Unite, as I said, is made by Tencent. A Chinese company that specializes in mobile games - yea no shit that runs like ass. 
    the game runs fine on Mobil. It runs like shit on switch because the switch is known to be hard to optimize for as well, not just because they are a shitty developer lol. 

Its struggled for multiple years to pump out the bare minimum standard of 60 fps. Its a great console but its dated af and needs an update. They are doing a disservice to their great library of games not updating it. 
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Are we talking the somewhat recent Prey game or the one that came out on the 360? I played the one from 360 it was one of my favorite games felt so unique and twisted. Walk into a room investigate a ball in a case then somehow get transported onto that ball that’s in the case. Game was wild. I remember playing all day and walking outside not realizing it was night and how long I had just played 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    i think erik is talking about the most recent one. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    sure they look fine, but the console still crashes. They absolutely need a new version at this point. 
    Zelda and Mario games dont crash :|
    I mean were talking about a 6 year old game that came out when the console was new (zelda)

and if you play it on a tv you are losing frames quite frequently. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,714 jayfacer
    Idk why yall are even disagreeing wit Rex. Yall look like dickriding shills because nothing he is saying is incorrect. I absolutely love Nintendo and their exclusives are overall my favorite, but they’re out of excuses wit this shit already. The Switch IS dated hardware, which was already the least powerful of the 3 even brand new at launch, it’s 7 years old and there’s no sign of even an announcement of a new console. It was 7 years from the release of the PS4/XB1 to the PS5/XSX. But on top of that, WHY continue to run on inferior hardware? It definitely ain’t a money issue, they’re worth an insane amount of money. They’ve always done this. GameCube was the weakest out of GC/PS2/Xbox. Wii was the weakest out of 360/PS3/Wii, etc. Yea sure their games still look great on inferior hardware because of great art direction, but wit that said imagine how drop dead gorgeous they would ESPECIALLY look if they were up to date on the hardware for once. For a Switch 2, I’m sure we’re at a point where they could pull off full power while docked, where you sacrifice graphical fidelity in handheld mode, that way they could still make both work, and I don’t think anybody would complain about that. It’s basically what the Steam Deck is doing.

Beyond that tho, the lack of 60 FPS is the most jarring and what truly makes it feel and look dated. That should be bare minimum at this point. It’s to the point that some games are best simply played in handheld mode because the lower FPS is less noticeable. Brilliant Diamond looks straight up horrible on a TV screen.

The Switch is what it is at this point because like I said, it’s 7 year old dated hardware. But there NEEDS to be some big changes for a Switch 2, and that announcement should come sooner than later. Cause yea as it stands, they look fucking insane trying to upcharge Switch games now.
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,714 jayfacer
    mrAPE said:
    Are we talking the somewhat recent Prey game or the one that came out on the 360? I played the one from 360 it was one of my favorite games felt so unique and twisted. Walk into a room investigate a ball in a case then somehow get transported onto that ball that’s in the case. Game was wild. I remember playing all day and walking outside not realizing it was night and how long I had just played 
    Holy shit, I completely forgot about the original. You got me Googling it and crazy thing is, I do remember actually playing that at some point. I think at the least I had rented it and started it but never beat it. Completely faded out of memory tho. I guess Prey 2 was sposed to happen but Bethesda bought the rights and then dropped this 2017 Prey and kept the name even tho it’s completely unrelated and not a sequel or reboot. Literally never knew that til you jus mentioned this.
    Yea I spoke too soon on Prey. It DOES take entirely too long to pick up and I know that would throw a lot of people off but now that it did the game is fucking incredible. Plays entirely differently once you can actually competently fight back lmao. 

Matter fact, I’m actually enjoying it enough that I’m prolly bout to add one more unintentional detour game to the list and play Deathloop after this, cause it’s “free” for PS+ Extra and up. That whole aesthetic and distinct type of setting like BioShock, Dishonored, Prey, etc. is so fucking addicting once you sink into it, and Deathloop was one of those games that I was always on the fence about but ultimately skipped because of the time loop mechanic. But for free and what I’m reading is only a 15-20 hour Platinum, I might as well while I’m already in the mood for Arkane games wit Prey.
    You should look up a history of Prey video. It has a fairly interesting and controversial history
    Bruh