Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,708 jayfacer
    NOCAP said:
    Dead Space Remake looking goated. EA did something right for once???
    Not really surprising, as much of a hit as the original was, you’d have to TRY to fuck up the remake. Never played the original tho so this been on the list regardless. Might get on Series X jus because I am NOT doing the Platinum lmao. It checks like every box of all the shit that makes a game ineligible for the Platinum for me. Requires 2 full playthroughs minimum although 3 is suggested, requires a playthrough on the hardest difficulty, requires a playthrough where you use only the Plasma Cutter and never switch weapons, has a bunch of completely missable trophies, etc., AKA….Whole lotta fuck that. Quick way to turn that into an annoying ass chore that I absolutely hate. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    theres probably something EA is covering up that will make the game a bag of dicks
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    NOCAP said:
    Goldeneye N64 now on Nintendo Switch Online Expansion pass. @NOCAP @MetalCoresades @MarcTheFallen y'all don't want these fucking problems 
    Too bad I don’t have the N64 online portion for the switch. I got game pass though if y’all niggas tryna play. 
    Online only for switch which is a bummer 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    NOCAP said:
    Not really surprising, as much of a hit as the original was, you’d have to TRY to fuck up the remake. Never played the original tho so this been on the list regardless. Might get on Series X jus because I am NOT doing the Platinum lmao. It checks like every box of all the shit that makes a game ineligible for the Platinum for me. Requires 2 full playthroughs minimum although 3 is suggested, requires a playthrough on the hardest difficulty, requires a playthrough where you use only the Plasma Cutter and never switch weapons, has a bunch of completely missable trophies, etc., AKA….Whole lotta fuck that. Quick way to turn that into an annoying ass chore that I absolutely hate. 
    Dead Space is an easy game though
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,280 mod
    NOCAP said:
    It’s EA so nothing would surprise me if they fucked that up

Someone ranked lower than me in pokemon unite was on my team and invited me into a lobby just to tell me and my GF that and I quote

"You should both kys you suck" 

Lmao
    Been a great week of progress on games. Finished full 100% completion of Rayman Legends earlier in the week at about 35.5 hours, then started Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair, only bout an hour in so far tho. Then got 2 back to back Platinums in the last less than 24 hours, Sonic Frontiers at #79 last night and found a good co-op partner on Reddit for the last few trophies on Modern Warfare 2 at #80 today. Now bout to finish the last 6 levels on the Winter Update battle pass on Halo Infinite tonight, starting High On Life tomorrow. Which I got for essentially $1 because it’s been long enough since I was last subscribed to XGP that they gave me the $1 one month trial again lmao.
    Oh and DualSense Edge came in on Thursday, solid ass controller. I still gotta take the time to really dial in a custom profile for it but I’m loving the adjustable triggers and sticks and the build of it is jus a lot more solid and sturdy in general.
    Just picked up a new SSD for my steam deck. We going to 1TB baby! And I’m about to put Windows on this bitch 

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Beat the original Legend of Zelda finally. Fun game that was way ahead of its time, but god damn it was difficult. Without save states i dont think I could beat it. 

Gonna move on to Adventure of Link and then start A Link to the Past next
    Had $120 or so in trade credit at GameStop, they had the 50% extra promotion going again, so traded in Valhalla, Gotham Knights, and Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle and got another $70 credit, copped Kirby And The Forgotten Land, Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core Reunion, then preordered and fully paid off that SpongeBob Cosmic Shake that drops on Tuesday, and still got $52 in credit still, so basically another “free” game on the way. Score. This is why I will never convert to 100% digital.
    digital>

Youre getting pennys back for stuff you paid full price for. 

Meanwhile with the backlog i have, i just wait to buy new games when they hit the spring/summer/halloween/christmas sale. The only game i have paid full price for in the last year was ragnorak and thats because i had to buy it with the Ps5. 

I ended up getting the last of us remake for 30 bucks, and part 2 digitally for 9.99. 

I get hard copy if you want to collect stuff. but my kids stuff fills my house lol. I don't have room for it. 

Plus when i do buy a game, regardless of price, i will have it basically forever. >>>
    Nah take advantage of the 50% bonus trade in at GameStop and you’re getting sometimes more than half your bread back in credit depending on what you trade in. Switch and PS5 games get you some decent coin off of that deal. I’ll never go full digital and if they try and force me to then I guess I’m just done with modern gaming. 

2023 and people are still getting the pipe from gamestop lol. 
    Buying physical and collecting > 

I never sell my shit. And I dont have to worry about a game being removed from a store, or censored by a patch, or locked to streaming, or taking up massive harddrive space (comparatively), or anything. 

I only go digital on PC because they dont really make physical releases on PC anymore, nor do most computers even have disc drives anymore. Plus it's much easier to mod games if crappy patches or censorship occurs, or find/download abandonware if a game gets removed from a store front. 
    edited January 2023
    Also, if you do sell your games, dont go to Gamestop. Go to Ebay or Mercari, or Facebook groups like Gamejunkies. You'll get better deals. That goes for buying used games too. Very rarely does Gamestop offer better deals than other venues. Especially for Switch games. Nintendo games retain value. Limited Run releases ESPECIALLY for Switch GAIN value. You are getting ripped off selling to Gamestop.

Another pro-tip, if you're buying on Ebay or Mercari, add the thing to your wishlist first before you buy. 9/10 times they'll send you a discount within a few hours/a day once you do. Could save a couple bucks. 
    2023 and people are still getting the pipe from gamestop lol. 
    ? I got a brand new Nintendo Switch Oled Pokemon edition by trading in my used Switch Oled last time they did that trade in deal lol. You’re the one getting scammed only buying digital.