Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Its literally developed by Tencent. The scummiest, most predatory company in existence. Dont play that garbage, and definitely dont give them money
    free game but ive probably spent about 30-40 bucks for my couple hundred hours of entertainment. 

But also we all give money to apple/Microsoft/tons of tech companies that are dirty as fuck. 

hell your cell phone was probably built by multiple babies. 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,782 jayfacer
    That explains why my cell phone is a piece of shit then, retard ass babies 
    On a real note, what is Pokémon Unite?
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,708 jayfacer
    It’s like a League Of Legends type game but wit Pokémon if I’m not mistaken lmao. Been wanting to try it out myself actually.
    Started God Of War 2018. Only a few hours in and so far so...meh. Don't hate it, don't love it. Doesn't really wanna make me push forward with the game (I'm finna tho). Graphics are really pretty and the enemy designs are cool looking. Combat is pretty bland so far but I'm assuming that gets better as I get more runes and such. Also, MC wtf were you on about the combat? Still feels pretty hack and slash to me. I'm doing a lot of dodging and mashing heavy and light attacks so far. Yeah the crazy combos are gone but I can't really say I miss em all that much. Fight with the stranger was cool. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Dime2 said:
    Started God Of War 2018. Only a few hours in and so far so...meh. Don't hate it, don't love it. Doesn't really wanna make me push forward with the game (I'm finna tho). Graphics are really pretty and the enemy designs are cool looking. Combat is pretty bland so far but I'm assuming that gets better as I get more runes and such. Also, MC wtf were you on about the combat? Still feels pretty hack and slash to me. I'm doing a lot of dodging and mashing heavy and light attacks so far. Yeah the crazy combos are gone but I can't really say I miss em all that much. Fight with the stranger was cool. 
    Nah
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,708 jayfacer
    Dime2 said:
    2018 is a very slow start since it’s a soft reboot so they matched that gameplay wise as well as the story. Ragnarok is not nearly as slow, even from the beginning. Unfortunately something that can’t be skipped in 2018, but it does pick up for sure.
    I very rarely don't finish video games. If I had given up because the first 3rd bored me I never would have finished Ghosts Of Tsushima or Days Gone and both of those turned out to be a pretty damn fun experience. So I'm definitely going to keep going. There are cool elements but nothing is grabbing me just yet. Though in fairness I wasn't a huge fan of the original games. I liked them but played them each once through (except Ascension). I'm mainly playing 2018 because one of my younger brothers has sent me a text everyday for the last 8 months non stop asking if I've played God Of War yet lmao dickhead 
    He walked in while I was playing last night and just had this huge shit eating grin on his face, whispered "You're doing it," patted me on the head and left =))
    Dime2 said:
    Nah
     O.g. God of War combat is like kingdom hearts combat. It's fun but it's mostly flash and no substance. Keep leakin'
    The combat is painfully boring in 2018. 

Swing with axe, back up, dodge, use power moves, rinse repeat.

There is very little variety in how to fight enemys. The only difference really is the speed of their dodges really. 

Its fine. like a 6.5-7/10. It does what it means to do in a very average way. Im almost done with it and ill give the next one a go but im not expecting a giant improvment in gameplay. The story is probably decent though.  
    I've heard Raganrok described as nothing but a master piece by everyone who's played it so we'll see lol seems like they had to have improved something 
    everyone ive heard say that said the same exact thing about this game. Thats my only concern regarding that because ive seen that too. 
    Dime2 said:
    Dime2 said:
    Nah
     O.g. God of War combat is like kingdom hearts combat. It's fun but it's mostly flash and no substance. Keep leakin'
    Its literally not. Its more like Devil May Cry and Bayonetta, where combat actually matters. 
    Also, KH combat has depth, but its a RPG so the depth comes from stats, spells, skills, and equips morr than the combos. 

God Of War 2018 is both too simple in the combat to be a complex action game like DMC, and too simple in the RPG mechanics for those to matter outside of armor level to really matter. Its a dumb as fuck game. 
    got a second switch for the household. found just the tablet on ebay for 100. 

Might pick up a secondhand dock if we end up needing it. Got it just to play Unite and Scarlet lol. 
    Dime2 said:
    Dime2 said:
    Nah
    Its literally not. Its more like Devil May Cry and Bayonetta, where combat actually matters. 
     I've been mostly fucking with you cus I knew it'd trigger you 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,280 mod
    I still can’t finish new God of War because it feels like such a slog. I might need to just watch someone play it so I can play the new one. 

Yeah I'm like almost done and considering that lol