Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,782 jayfacer
    It's getting a little better I think lol the set piece with the big lake monster thing is pretty awesome and it was fun exploring that. Combat is still a drag though even with more power ups and such. And the story still isn't really grabbing me. I feel like the pacing is really off too. This feels like a story that should be trucking through and instead it's a slow burn and the tonal shift between characters and story is jarring. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    FINALLY nearing the end of Sonic Frontiers. Holy fuck this is the most tedious game ever
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,708 jayfacer
    Chaos Island alone took that game from like an 8/10 to a 5.5-6/10 no joke. It was that bad even tho it was only 4-5 hours in total. Holy fuck that shit is so horribly designed.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Dime2 said:
    It's getting a little better I think lol the set piece with the big lake monster thing is pretty awesome and it was fun exploring that. Combat is still a drag though even with more power ups and such. And the story still isn't really grabbing me. I feel like the pacing is really off too. This feels like a story that should be trucking through and instead it's a slow burn and the tonal shift between characters and story is jarring. 
    Yeah. The pacing felt really off to me. 

The set pieces, like a lot of these games, have probably been the best part. I was like "fuck that was cool" to that part

But when there's no action it feels like a slow slog. The dialog between Kratos and the kid is meh. 

I have enjoy the head character though. 

Like I said the game isn't bad. I just expected it to be better considering the reviews it recevied
    Damn y'all roasted me for it when I said it
    Well you're usually wrong. 
    Damn y'all roasted me for it when I said it
     That’s because you shit on it for 8 months straight without having played a minute of it, then you finally played it and went “SEE I TOLD YOU IT WAS SHIT.”
    It felt like you played it just to validate your own opinions 
    I know what works and doesnt work lol
    Yeah but you made that call before even starting the game. And human nature dictates that if we feel strongly about something we often don’t change our opinions and admit we’re wrong about something so unless that game was an absolute 10/10 master class you were gonna stay committed to the idea that it sucked and you were right. Like with quite a few things you express intense hatred for on here, you were roasted more for your attitude than your opinion. 
    That being said, I’m pretty sure I’m about mid way through the game. I just met Mimir and took him to the witch. The story still really isn’t grabbing me. I often find that in most cases, games where you have a goal and you just keep getting pushed further and further off the task for fetch quests annoy me lol like you get to the peak and it’s all “Oh, no that’s not the peak, this is. You have to go here now.” Then you start doing that and it’s “Oh but before you go there we need this item and this item and this item.” I know it’s stupid but story progression like that really annoys me and again, contributes more to the slow burn feel this game has which just isn’t really working for me. Even if Ragnarok didn’t exist, the feeling that they’re setting up for a sequel to have all the great epic shit there and not in this game would still exist.
         That being said, the game is gorgeous and almost every set piece knocks it out of the park. So many times discovering a new location I’m sitting there like damn…Alfheim especially was gorgeous. I actually don’t mind Atreus or the developing relationship between him and Kratos. I feel like it’s been done as well as you can do something like this with a pre established character. Honestly, the funnest part is the exploration. They absolutely nailed that, I can (and have) spent hours detracting from the main story just to dick around and loot stuff and solve puzzles. I’ve also upgraded the shit out of my moves and armor and weapons and combat is still kinda boring. I’ve never returned to fight enemies that can one shot me. I’ll use my specials and run around til they refresh while spamming my axe throw lol it’s a wee bit bare bones. 
    edited February 2023
    The final boss of Sonic Frontiers is a super hard, really long bullet hell with no check points 🫠🫠
    edited February 2023
    hogwarts is getting pretty solid reviews as far as gameplay is concerned 
    My copy is out for delivery, so I'll probably be able to play it by tomorrow
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Started playing Skul: The Hero Slayer.
    Really diggin it. Reminds me of rogue legacy
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I don't have a ps5 so I gotta wait until April 
    F

Thought you had a PC
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I have a decent laptop but I don't like playing games on the tiny ass screen. I know i can connect it to my TV and play but I'm lazy. 
    ahh