Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker

Pass the god damn butter.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    The original Zelda is fucking hard man. Thank God for save states or I'd blow my brains out trying to beat this game. How the fuck did people do this in the 80s with no internet and no save states
    Yea, NES games were brutal. How many people do you know who ACTUALLY beat the first Mario without cheats? 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?

Cafeteria discussions were huge. 
    Almost everyone beat the original Mario. There wasn’t a lot of other games to choose from. Everybody had that shit. You owned 3-5 games, traded with friends, and rented a lot from the video store. The amount of pure fucking repetition is definitely underestimated. It’s kinda fun watching people my age go back and play Super Mario. People can go 2 decades without playing it and still speed run the first level and find all the invisible blocks and shit. It’s just burned into our brains like old tv screens. 

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,708 jayfacer
    Finished the Platinum on Gotham Knights. 36 hours. Modern Warfare 2 real quick this weekend then Sonic Frontiers next. High On Life was sposed to be next up but both are the same length and Frontiers’ Platinum is more straightforward so fuck it lmao.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,280 mod
    Zelda II is harder

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    I wish I had the time to play games that Erik does. I'm lucky to finish games, let alone platinum them. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Xeno said:
    I can't imagine being so dedicated to platinums I take the time to do it for trash games like Gotham Knights
    Meh, the Platinum mop-up was less than half the time I had already put in on the main campaign (20ish hours vs. 15ish.) so I said fuck it.
    I wish I had the time to play games that Erik does. I'm lucky to finish games, let alone platinum them. 
    I don’t even have crazy time for it like that like I used to, you jus make time for the things you want to make it for. I been working 45 hour weeks but I try to always make it a point to get 3-4 hours in after work every day, even if I lose a lil sleep, because falling into that “Go to work, come home, sleep.” pattern and not doing any of my leisure is a one way trip to kmfs. So it adds up time wise. Having down time at the end of my shifts and being able to play on the Backbone helps too. And then weekends are free for alls once I get my errands done.
    I jus realized there’s a high chance that they do a special edition SWOLED for Tears Of The Kingdom in May. Will most likely finally pull the trigger on one if they do cause the Zelda shit is always ice cold design wise.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,280 mod
    If I didn’t have my handhelds I wouldn’t be gaming as much as I do now. I’m mentally exhausted when I get off and don’t want to go from staring at a computer screen for 9 hours to doing it right when I get home. Plus I want to watch shit too while I’m playing so the handhelds work out. Ain’t got time to be going for these platinums though. Lol

• Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,782 jayfacer
    Dime2 said:
    Legends is legitimately one of the best platformers I've ever played. It's visually stunning, with an amazing soundtrack and the level design is top tier. Brings it back to that old school, fast, colorful eye popping just pure fun gameplay. It's one of those games that's easy to pick it up and difficult to master. You'll love it. 
    Yea, I felt the same about Origins. Jus straight up gold standard as far as level design and control. So wit that said, idk why I never got around to Legends lol but better late than never.
     Loved Origins as well. Legends out classes it in literally every way.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    I don’t even have crazy time for it like that like I used to, you jus make time for the things you want to make it for. I been working 45 hour weeks but I try to always make it a point to get 3-4 hours in after work every day, even if I lose a lil sleep, because falling into that “Go to work, come home, sleep.” pattern and not doing any of my leisure is a one way trip to kmfs. So it adds up time wise. Having down time at the end of my shifts and being able to play on the Backbone helps too. And then weekends are free for alls once I get my errands done.
    Is the backbone legit? Saw it for $100 at target and would love it if it works good 
    I dont actively hunt platinums besides when I went on my 100% FallOut binger a while back. Really two factors decide it. My favorite genre are the 3D collectathon platformers so if a platinum just consists of collecting everything, 9/10 times I'm gonna do it anyway because collecting all the shiny shit in games fills the void that My Dad, women and Lemmy left in my heart. Most other times I'll get to the end of a game and the completion bar will be at about 70% and that drives me insane so I'll be like fuck it let's platinum. Think I have 34 or 35. No where near as much as big pimpin Episode but it's a start lol 
    Dime2 said:
    Legends is legitimately one of the best platformers I've ever played. It's visually stunning, with an amazing soundtrack and the level design is top tier. Brings it back to that old school, fast, colorful eye popping just pure fun gameplay. It's one of those games that's easy to pick it up and difficult to master. You'll love it. 
    Yea, I felt the same about Origins. Jus straight up gold standard as far as level design and control. So wit that said, idk why I never got around to Legends lol but better late than never.
     A good tip for ya if you decide to go for platinum on Legends. Do your daily challenges every single day, even if you're not planning on logging hours into the game that day. You get a trophy for reaching the "11th level of Awesomeness." Knocking out the first 10 levels is easy, you rank up fairly quickly. The 11th level is a grind and a fucking half lol. If I recall correctly there is one daily challenge you can do and one weekly challenge (weekly gives you the most points). I ignored those until I realized it was the last trophy I needed and it took me a solid 2 months of checking in consistently to get that last trophy lol start them from the get go and you'll get it alot easier. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Marvel Snap is lit
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Yeah I just started playing it today and I like it
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Snap is the perfect shitter game
    Is the backbone legit? Saw it for $100 at target and would love it if it works good 
    Yessir. Only issue is slight input lag but that’s an issue wit streaming itself, not the Backbone. Backbone and being connected to wi-fi on both ends and not cellular data minimizes it, but not 100%. So honestly shooters are out the window, I don’t even bother. But other than that it’s solid for what it is and the Backbone itself is very well built.