Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    I guarantee Gotham Knights was originally going to be like The Avengers. Full of microtransactions, and live service mechanics. But when Avengers flopped, Warner Bros freaked out, and stripped the live service element from the game. Problem is, the structure of the game couldnt simply be stripped out. So they released a live service game, with no live service. And so its just a janky, spongey mess. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Picked up a Steam Deck a few days ago. It’s pretty sweet but the battery life is hot garbage. 

Will probably mod it out today and see if I want to keep it or return it.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    Hi Ed
    edited January 2023
    Nope the original right here.

Been gone from here for like a year and half. Figured I’d pop back in and see what fuckers were up to.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Picked up a Steam Deck a few days ago. It’s pretty sweet but the battery life is hot garbage. 

Whats the battery life like? 

Whats the battery life like? 
    I think it may depends on how graphic heavy the game is but I’ve been getting about 3ish hours playing Weed Shop 3 and Marvel Second Suns.

Just a few I’ve put on so far and they all run great. I’m gonna load this bitch up.
    Yeah for emulators alone that thing would be sick. Price is just a little too steep for me 
    Wrapped up Link's Awakening. Just about beat it 100% with the collectibles and weapons and optional dungeons.

Next up is the original Legend of Zelda which I've never beaten
    I want to get a Polymega, and a Analogue Pocket someday  
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Yeah i want a steam deck. But i think its mostly because i just want the cool new things. 

I mostly would only be emulating on it, and i don't really need to do that lol. Maybe ill get on when the next version comes out and these ones are cheaper. 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,280 mod
    There’s cheaper options out if you want to emulate. You just won’t get the same power. 

i just dont see that point in anything that i would sit at a pc for. seems too underpowered for the games id want to experience that way. 
    I’m surprised you don’t see a benefit of laying on your couch playing PS2, GameCube, PS1, etc in the palm of your hand. Especially if you’re hanging out with your kids and they want to watch tv. Look up the Odin Pro/Lite and Retroid Pocket 3+ if you’re looking for cheap good quality retro handhelds. You can also play game pass or stream from your PC or consoles. 

Or you could buy a psvita and hack that and have all vita, psp and Psone games with SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy color and GBA. 

yeah, those are the types of things id definitely want to play.
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,708 jayfacer
    Dime2 said:
    Legends is legitimately one of the best platformers I've ever played. It's visually stunning, with an amazing soundtrack and the level design is top tier. Brings it back to that old school, fast, colorful eye popping just pure fun gameplay. It's one of those games that's easy to pick it up and difficult to master. You'll love it. 
    Yea, I felt the same about Origins. Jus straight up gold standard as far as level design and control. So wit that said, idk why I never got around to Legends lol but better late than never.
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,708 jayfacer
    edited January 2023
    I guarantee Gotham Knights was originally going to be like The Avengers. Full of microtransactions, and live service mechanics. But when Avengers flopped, Warner Bros freaked out, and stripped the live service element from the game. Problem is, the structure of the game couldnt simply be stripped out. So they released a live service game, with no live service. And so its just a janky, spongey mess. 
    I almost feel like it woulda somehow been better if they went that route smh. Cause what it ended up as is a handicapped halfass shell of Arkham. It’s sad because I did go ahead and end up committing to the Platinum, and as I been doing the side shit for 100%, which is primarily collectibles and shit, it’s actually the most enjoyable the game has been, because exploring Gotham is always a decent experience, and Gotham is hard to fuck up. So it’s not much credit to the devs really. But it’s sad because the combat is fucking HORRENDOUS, so what’s supposed to be the bulk of the main gameplay, is jus unbearable.
    The original Zelda is fucking hard man. Thank God for save states or I'd blow my brains out trying to beat this game. How the fuck did people do this in the 80s with no internet and no save states