Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,280 mod
    Arkham knight sucked dick

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,708 jayfacer
    That.

Commit it.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    WOAT arkham game
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,782 jayfacer
    Yeah Knight is easily my worst Arkham game though I haven't (and honestly probably wont) play the new one. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I remember a time when superhero games were viewed like video game movie adaptions, they just couldn't work. There were exceptions but they were almost always side scrolling beat em ups like X-Men, Turtles in Time, etc. Then Arkham Asylum came out and changed everything. That and City will always be goat for that. 
    People say that like licensed games like Spider-Man 2, Ultimate Spider-Man, Wolverine's Revenge, Ultimate Alliance, Marvel Nemesis, Shrek 2, etc werent all awesome. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Other than the spider game I played back in the day on the 64 those games kinda suck. 
    Ultimate Alliance certainly did not suck
    Xeno said:
    Arkham Asylum was peak

even Arkham Knight was eh comparatively

I done fucked up I meant Arkham City. I love Arkham Asylum but it isn't as infinitely replayable as City for me.
    People say that like licensed games like Spider-Man 2, Ultimate Spider-Man, Wolverine's Revenge, Ultimate Alliance, Marvel Nemesis, Shrek 2, etc werent all awesome. 
    Outside of Ultimate Alliance none of those games were really critically acclaimed or universally praised. X-Men Legends is another one. But most superhero games, especially Batman games, weren't considered must buys or game of the year contenders or anything like that or they were straight up bad. 
    I actually really loved the Ultimate Spider-Man game i remember playing that one a bunch when I was younger. Getting to be Venom was always so hype.
    As far as licensed movie games, most do suck but I've played a few good ones. Spider-Man 2, The Incredibles, and The Simpsons Movie game were lit
    About 10 hours into the Link's Awakening remake. Absolute perfection so far. The art style is amazing and the updated music is beautiful. I'd love to see them remake A Link to the Past in this style. 
    So apparently keeping your PS5 vertical will eventually cause it to break because it uses liquid metal to cool the system, and it can leak onto the motherboard. 

But laying it horizontal causes the PS5 to chew up and ruin your discs. 

Lmao
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    i got a digital

big brain
    Finally finished Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle last night. Took way longer than I expected and clocked in at jus under 60 hours. Granted that’s wit the full season pass tacked on as well, but still. But I really enjoyed that, one of the more memorable Mario games jus due to how unique and different it is, can’t believe I ever skipped it. Hype for Sparks Of Hope.

Now about to run thru Rayman Legends and Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair as far as Switch games. Was able to cop both for about $16 combined due to sales. I beat and loved Rayman Origins but never played Legends for some reason so finally bout to catch up on that.
    Legends is legitimately one of the best platformers I've ever played. It's visually stunning, with an amazing soundtrack and the level design is top tier. Brings it back to that old school, fast, colorful eye popping just pure fun gameplay. It's one of those games that's easy to pick it up and difficult to master. You'll love it. 
    Goddamn bro Gotham Knights might legitimately be the worst 2022 game I played all year. Believe the reviews on this one. I don’t understand how they dropped the ball so fucking hard. There is simply not one single system in place in the game that feels satisfying. The combat is horrible and a literal shell of the Arkham system. How this type of combat system has no lock on or block is beyond me. The camera angles are disgustingly bad and constantly get in their own way or lock against a wall. The enemies are absolute fucking sponges, especially bosses, and I can tell it’s because they’re accounting for 4 players playing simultaneously, but didn’t bother to play test or scale it for solo play. These sliver of damage hits would be fine if it was multiplied by 4. Solo it’s jus a complete fucking neverending slough. I even ended up putting it down to Very Easy strictly because I was sick of it and they’re sponges even on that. I jus beat the main campaign tonight and this is the first game in I don’t even know how long where I’m contemplating saying fuck the Platinum simply because the gameplay is that fucking irritating and tedious that I don’t even want to do it. It’s especially jarring after such a flawless game as Ragnarok. Going directly from literal best to worst of the year back to back like that makes it even harder to stomach. Got damn.