Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,708 jayfacer
    Fuck last time I felt like this about a game where I knew it had entered that upper echelon top 3-5 of all time for me was Super Mario Odyssey.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Trash 
    - A mf that didn’t play it. 🥱

It’s the best game in the entire history of the franchise, get over it.
    Please play some good games and expand your perspective. All these Call Of Dutys and Assassins Creeds have given you a poor baseline. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Aw my bad, sorry I don’t play strictly shit that shoulda came out in the 80s and 90s. 
    What, games with good gameplay?
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    ITT: Erik enjoyed a game and MC is salty about it

😂

I haven’t played it yet so I can’t speak to the quality, but I’m glad you enjoyed the fuck out of it Erik. Your reviews are sometimes a bit of a meme with us, but I can tell just from reading your post how pumped and fired up that game got you and I’d personally rather read that than people just shitting on things all the fucking time. At the time, the transition from GoW II on ps2 to GoW III on PS3 was one of my favorite gaming moments. Glad that excitement is still alive and out there for the series. 

Pass the god damn butter.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    That's all good and all, but 2018 is a pretty B level game. 

Like it's fun. Not bad, but nothing it does is great. It basically takes a bunch of stuff for other games and 1/2 asses it's way through with those systems. 

The whole leveling up the axe and chains was stupid. There are a few options for both and then it's just upgrading from there. 

I'm not trying to shit on it, but it's decent. 

Like for the new game to be that much better its gotta be more than story. They game needs to have deeper systems for the combat and rpg stuff.
    Im not salty. I just find the statement that its the best game ever to be incredibly laughable. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    That's all good and all, but 2018 is a pretty B level game. 

Like it's fun. Not bad, but nothing it does is great. It basically takes a bunch of stuff for other games and 1/2 asses it's way through with those systems. 

The whole leveling up the axe and chains was stupid. There are a few options for both and then it's just upgrading from there. 

I'm not trying to shit on it, but it's decent. 

Like for the new game to be that much better its gotta be more than story. They game needs to have deeper systems for the combat and rpg stuff.

Tell me more about No Man’s Sky 😂
    Pass the god damn butter.
    That game is pretty amazing now though lol

😂

I haven’t played it yet so I can’t speak to the quality, but I’m glad you enjoyed the fuck out of it Erik. Your reviews are sometimes a bit of a meme with us, but I can tell just from reading your post how pumped and fired up that game got you and I’d personally rather read that than people just shitting on things all the fucking time. At the time, the transition from GoW II on ps2 to GoW III on PS3 was one of my favorite gaming moments. Glad that excitement is still alive and out there for the series. 

This place loves getting mad when you enjoy something, I don’t get it lmao. Usually it’s the opposite and mfs get mad when you shit on the things they like, but here I guess you’re sposed to be bitter and hate everything, even when you have zero first hand experience wit said thing. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Nintendo is having a sale so I picked up Carrion, Okami HD, Untitled Goose Game, and Hades for the Switch 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,782 jayfacer

😂

This place loves getting mad when you enjoy something, I don’t get it lmao. 
     So anyway, about the new Tom MacDonald albums. 
    I been hated that faggot long before I knew you liked him tho, and another major difference is that I’ve actually heard his music and have firsthand experience to go wit that opinion.
    I been hated that faggot long before I knew you liked him tho, and another major difference is that I’ve actually heard his music and have firsthand experience to go wit that opinion.
    Bro. I made an hour and a half long video talking about how garbage GOW 2018 was. I've played nu GOW. Ragnarok isnt a massive departure, its GOW 2018-2. If I hated how they changed the game for 2018, why would I suddenly be on board for Ragnarok. 

It's same shit as your argument lol. 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,782 jayfacer
    I haven't played either yet but all my brothers love new GOW and they said Raganrok makes massive improvements over 2018. One of em is even an o.g. GOW Stan like you MC and he adored Ragnarok
    I am pumped to play it regardless. Despite the shortcomings of 2018 I like it. 
    All I got left for the Platinum on Ragnarok is the final combat shit, so the Muspelheim Trials, and the 2 final side bosses. Finished all the side exploration and collectible shit last night. So maybe 4-5 hours left, depending on how many replays that takes and how badly they beat my ass lmao. After that I’m gonna knock out Gotham Knights and Modern Warfare 2 since they’re both short, bout 20 and 10 hours respectively, even for the Platinums, and then will prolly run thru High On Life real quick as well since that’s short, and then starting Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga finally since it’s the last game on the backlog that will take 60-70+ hours. Everything else left is all shorter/“normal” lengths. Plus I’m in that Star Wars mood anyways since I been watching Clone Wars lol so that will be fitting.
    The Dark Forces source port Force Engine finally released! Time to play Star Wars the way god intended
    Playing the first Monkey Island for the first time. Super solid adventure game, I can see why it's such a leader for the genre.