Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Bought some games from Gamestop for Christmas gifts 

Bought a NEW copy of Samurai Warriors 5 for PS4, it arrived used and with the wrong case

Bought a used Yakuza for PS4, it arrived with the right case, but no game

How is Gamestop so fucking inept :| 
    Couldnt get through to Gamestop at all, so I contacted Paypal. They gave me a complete refund, and I dont have any instructions to return the fucked up order. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Any reccomendations on fun pick up and play single player games on PC? I installed wild hunt on my laptop but after driving for 11hrs and playing a bit before sleep I dont have the focus to really enjoy it
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,708 jayfacer
    Kinda wanna cop a SWOLED. Originally I said absolutely not because I played the Switch docked 100% of the time, but now the way shit switched up, I really only play the Switch handheld at work, so at this point it would be worth the upgrade. Don’t really wanna do it unless I see a sale tho. Upgrade or not, that’s still an almost 7 year old console.
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,782 jayfacer
    Its annoying that it says I spent all that time on overwatch 2 because they updated the original game to OW2 so it counts all my time from OW1 this year. I played OW2 for like 3 hours then uninstalled 
     Was gonna say I remember you disliking that one 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Xeno said:
    Any reccomendations on fun pick up and play single player games on PC? I installed wild hunt on my laptop but after driving for 11hrs and playing a bit before sleep I dont have the focus to really enjoy it
    Idk how you feel about Indie games so disregard if that's not your thing but they are my go to for short play sessions. 

Binding of Isaac
    Hyper Light Drifter
    Katana Zero
    Superhot
    Indie games are actually perfect since my laptop only has a 500GB SSD until I upgrade it. I was addicted to Superhot for awhile a couple years ago, I'll check out the others
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Kinda wanna cop a SWOLED. Originally I said absolutely not because I played the Switch docked 100% of the time, but now the way shit switched up, I really only play the Switch handheld at work, so at this point it would be worth the upgrade. Don’t really wanna do it unless I see a sale tho. Upgrade or not, that’s still an almost 7 year old console.
    good luck. ive even tried buying them on facebook and people wont budge past 300. 

Just not worth it for me at that price. 
    im stubborn. In my head im like "250 yes, 300 no." lol" 
    I was looking at picking up a switch the other week in RI and people on marketplace were trying to sell them used at face value when there isn't even a shortage anymore. Fuck that lmao
    Xeno said:
    Doom games
    Quake games
    Wolfenstein games
    Halo games
    Hollow Knight
    Hotline Miami
    Shovel Knight
    Shantae games
    Divinity Original Sin
    Monkey Island games
    The Dread X Collections
    Devil May Cry games

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,280 mod
    I traded in my old oled for the new Pokémon oled at GameStop when they were doing 50% extra in trade credit. Didn’t pay a cent for it and it’s still new. Kind of over the switch so I’m just keeping it around for trade bait. 

yeah that thing is fucking sweet. 
    Jus finally finished God Of War Ragnarok and yea, not only is that easily Game Of The Year without a shadow of a doubt and without any kind of second thought whatsoever, but it is one of the greatest games I have ever played in my entire life dating all the way back to when I first started as a lil kid. A flawless fucking masterpiece in every fucking sense of the word. A complete top to bottom work of art and brilliance, and that applies no matter what form of art you talking about, whether it’s games, music, movies, books, shows, etc. One of them typa games that reminded me why I never dropped this shit and never will and why it’s always been such a huge passion of mine. It’s been a minute since a game made me feel like that tho. I stayed amazed the entire time, but that last 3-4 hours had me completely fucking floored. THAT’S how you end a fucking game, story, ANYTHING. That shit had me cranking up, getting hype as fuck, standing up out my seat like it was live sports, jus thru and thru FEELING that shit. I still can’t stop saying “Holy fuck.”. And of course the ending got me misty eyed. Game has and does it all and I will never forget it. One of them ones that made this shit feel brand new again, and that’s very hard to do when you this much of a veteran wit this shit. 💯/10 Game of the century and they got robbed at the Game Awards point blank period. FUCK ELDEN RING!!
    Inb4 the LOLs suck my dick from the back you miserable cocksuckers. 💯💯
    Trash 
    It's going to make some considerable improvements to get anywhere close to that for me but I'm hype to try it out. Gonna a try and finish 2018 this weekend. 
    Trash 
    - A mf that didn’t play it. 🥱

It’s the best game in the entire history of the franchise, get over it.
    It's going to make some considerable improvements to get anywhere close to that for me but I'm hype to try it out. Gonna a try and finish 2018 this weekend. 
    All it does is improve in every way possible from GOW2018. And I LOVED 2018, but I still didn’t feel anywhere near as strongly as I do for Ragnarok. It was a fantastic game, but I didn’t walk away feeling like it was one of the best I ever played. There were things I definitely would have changed, including how long it takes for combat to finally speed up and shit like that. Which I get that it was a soft reboot and an introduction story of sorts, so that’s why it was reflected in the combat pace and elsewhere, but still. Ragnarok is essentially more of the same, but wit everything as refined and perfected as possible. It might be the most honed and polished game I’ve ever played, and it definitely jus set a gold standard that all games should aspire to. 

Fuck that ending sequence might be the coldest shit I ever played. It was the perfect culmination of all the games leading up to that point and thematically they could officially end it there and I don’t think anybody would complain at all. Shit literally had me in complete awe and I immediately knew that Im’ma be going back on YouTube to rewatch it in full lmao. Best game in the franchise, no contest. Wit 3 being the best of the old formula.