Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Was considering the bioware collection as well. I bought the updated ones forever ago, and never played them lol
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,781 jayfacer
    Dime2 said:
    Poll time. Finally getting into playing games again. I'm mid way through Ghosts Of Tsushima (first play through) and have quite a back log since I haven't played anything new in years. After Ghosts, I have the following which I've never played. Where do I go from here: 

God Of War (2018) also shut up, MC
    Days Gone
    Final Fantasy 7 Remake
    Bioshock Collection 
    Borderlands Collection 
    The Last Guardian
    Last Guardian
     Most people have been telling me God Of War but Last Guardian is my most hype after Ghosts lol always looked interesting to me 
    Finished Ghosts Of Tsushima today. Great game. Not a masterpiece but pretty impressive. The game looks absolutely gorgeous and the navigation system is pretty unique. The combat is where it shines. Probably one of the best combat systems I've ever experienced, it's so intuitive and fluid, switching stances and mastering enemy types is a breeze and when you really learn to parry and dodge, you feel like a fucking savage. The characters (aside from your character, Jin) are all great as well, extremely likable and fleshed out and loved playing through their individual stories. Jin is a plank of wood tho lol
                       The open world is solid enough, lot of stuff to do and see and most of it stands out pretty well above the action, but the side quests are a repetitive snooze fest. I get that they were trying to show how war affects non participants but it's still boring as shit. That being said, the main story isn't a whole shit ton better. My first 15 hours of the game were spent mostly exploring the world and doing side shit because I was bored to death with Act I of the story. There were a couple times I almost jumped ship. Thankfully Act II and III really dial it up some and the story becomes engaging if not a little predictable. Overall, definitely worth a play through. I don't really see myself coming back to it any time soon and it's definitely not the certified classic people want it to be, but it's a fun ride. Also, fuck this game and Red Dead 2 for making me feel more emotion for my dead horse then most of the dead human characters lmao 7.5/10
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    yeah im right around where you are at with the game. I really enjoyed the story. The combat though the stance stuff was cool, but aside from that i found the enemy variety to be pretty meh. 

The duels were pretty dope. 

People seemed to like the world, but i honestly think the open world kind of sucks. Its just copy/paste stuff everywhere. Most of the things MC has to say about red deads open world actually apply to GOT.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    New AEW game gonna be lit. The real ones know

edited August 2022
    yeah im right around where you are at with the game. I really enjoyed the story. The combat though the stance stuff was cool, but aside from that i found the enemy variety to be pretty meh. 

The duels were pretty dope. 

People seemed to like the world, but i honestly think the open world kind of sucks. Its just copy/paste stuff everywhere. Most of the things MC has to say about red deads open world actually apply to GOT.
     I agree that it's repetitive but I liked the contrast of like the bamboo cutting or hot springs to the violence and shit going on all around you lol also I lived liberating the villages. Felt like a bad ass having 10 motherfuckers surround me and parrying and cutting em all down lol combat is fucking excellent first game I've played in a while that I feel in love with the combat. 
    Got the platinum in Ghosts Of Tsushima 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,708 jayfacer
    Anybody try MultiVersus yet? Smash clone for sure but shit is fun as fuck lmao.
    My supervisor at work plays Apex heavy as fuck so he finally got me to try it lol, never did before. Didn’t even bother wit the battle royale part because I don’t like BRs period, but I like the Arenas mode. It’s like a 3v3 Search & Destroy. Still tho, I wish they had a more standard 6v6 type mode, because I love the core mechanics, gameplay, and speed of it.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    edited August 2022
    My supervisor at work plays Apex heavy as fuck so he finally got me to try it lol, never did before. Didn’t even bother wit the battle royale part because I don’t like BRs period, but I like the Arenas mode. It’s like a 3v3 Search & Destroy. Still tho, I wish they had a more standard 6v6 type mode, because I love the core mechanics, gameplay, and speed of it.
    Apex Legends is literally Titanfall. Same universe and shooting. Titanfall had the traditional game modes. 

Unfortunately, Apex got much more popular, so Titanfall is dead. Just like how Fortnite killed Unreal Tournament. 

God I fucking despise the battle royale genre and market
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Unreal Tournament? Killed by Fortnite? I think your timeline is about 12 years off
    edited August 2022
    Xeno said:
    Unreal Tournament? Killed by Fortnite? I think your timeline is about 12 years off
    There was a new Unreal Tournament being made, it was released in alpha in 2016. Once Fortnite blew up, they pulled all the devs from Unreal Tournament and allocated them all to Fortnite instead. About a year later, they officially cancelled it 
    Just like how Titanfall 3 was canned for the new Apex Legends single player game instead. Apex makes more than Titanfall, so Titanfall is dead. Fortnite makes more than UT, so UT is dead. 
    Xeno said:
    There was a new Unreal Tournament being made, it was released in alpha in 2016. Once Fortnite blew up, they pulled all the devs from Unreal Tournament and allocated them all to Fortnite instead. About a year later, they officially cancelled it 
    Oh.

Rest in pieces
    Yeah that pissed me off Titanfall 2 campaign was short but one of the best FPS campaigns in recent memory. Only the newer Doom games can compete imo
    Titanfall 2 is certified goated. That time travel level alone >>>>>>> 

Some of the most creative level design I ever seen in my life, not only in FPS games either.
    Thinkin Im’ma get that new Saints Row. I don’t like how they made it PC and changed the whole aesthetic, but the gameplay does look fire I can’t lie.
    edited August 2022
    I still need to play Titanfall 2. I've had it for years, just never played it. Heard mixed things, so I want to judge it for myself. I'm expecting great mobility, but mid shooting and bad AI. 
    Days Gone kinda sucks