Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Its not going to take you 100 hours .

you also didn’t hate GOW. You said you mostly enjoyed it outside of a few small things when you played it.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    "If you dont like it, dont play/watch it"

Ok fine, I wont play/watch it

"Well how would you know if you dont like it, if you didnt play/watch it?"

Ok fine, I played/watched it, and I hated it

"Well you were just setting out to hate it from the start"

:| 

>this forum
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Its not going to take you 100 hours .

you also didn’t hate GOW. You said you mostly enjoyed it outside of a few small things when you played it.
    Rewatch my review. I didnt like it. There were a few things I liked, but I hated the majority of it
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Were you the kid who threw themselves on the ground screaming if someone came too close to them while playing a game in gym class?
    Xeno said:

>this forum
    My guy acts like he's persecuted when he knows exactly what he's starting every time lmao
    Nah, make up your minds. 

See, you get it
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,708 jayfacer
    Fuck. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Xeno said:

>this forum
    My guy acts like he's persecuted when he knows exactly what he's starting every time lmao
    Nah, make up your minds. 

Nah we've been pretty consistent, you just don't care. 

You know how you always post the "Consume product then get excited for next product" meme? On the other side of that coin is "Consume nothing, have an opinion on everything" Especially in the days of youtube and podcasts, everyone suddenly has to have an opinion on every piece of media that comes out but they don't want to actually consume it.
    Think about how fucking stupid I would sound if I said "Doom is one of the greatest games of the year and one of the best shooters of the last decade. I haven't played it but I watched my cousin play a couple levels and read an article online about it and it seems awesome"

You wouldn't take my opinion seriously. Why is it any different with a negative opinion? 
    Think about how fucking stupid I would sound if I said "Doom is one of the greatest games of the year and one of the best shooters of the last decade. I haven't played it but I watched my cousin play a couple levels and read an article online about it and it seems awesome"

You wouldn't take my opinion seriously. Why is it any different with a negative opinion? 
    Do you like FPS games? Are the reviewers you're watching breaking down how great the mechanics are? Are you able to get a grasp for the games from said videos and articles? 

If so, I don't see the issue. I mean, if it looks good to you, I think you *should* play it. But I dont see the issue, legitimately. People regurgitate positive reviews from media without thinking for themselves all the time. The Last Of Us wouldnt be as popular as it is if that wasnt the case.  

You dont take my negative opinions seriously when I DO watch and play things either though, for the record. 
    Here's an example in the opposite direction:

I've never played a Resident Evil game. But I've watched a bunch of reviews and mechanics breakdowns for the games. And Im a fan of horror games. I know I would enjoy the first three, probably four, Resident Evil games. 

I know my tastes. And I know what games I would like or not like based on their genre, direction, pacing, and gameplay philosophies. And I know I would NOT like RDR2. Just as I didn't like The Last Of Us, or God of War 2018, or Horizon Zero Dawn, or even the first Red Dead Redemption very much.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    You can get a lot of info from a review. But you cant really have any judgement on a game without spending time playing it yourself. 

At least not an accurate one.
    You can get a lot of info from a review. But you cant really have any judgement on a game without spending time playing it yourself. 

At least not an accurate one.
    I mean this is what I said:

sorry I dont like empty ass open world games where the majority the game is riding your horse in a single direction. 

If the game has a cinematic mode to pass the time it takes to travel, you have too much travel time in your damn game
    Is the game not notorious for it's extremely long travel time, and empty open world? Even people that like the game point that out. 
    edited July 2022

Do you like FPS games? Are the reviewers you're watching breaking down how great the mechanics are? Are you able to get a grasp for the games from said videos and articles? 

If so, I don't see the issue. I mean, if it looks good to you, I think you *should* play it. But I dont see the issue, legitimately. People regurgitate positive reviews from media without thinking for themselves all the time. The Last Of Us wouldnt be as popular as it is if that wasnt the case.  

You dont take my negative opinions seriously when I DO watch and play things either though, for the record. 
    There's a difference between "this looks like a game I would love" vs "this is the best game of the year even though I haven't played it"

Just like there is a difference between "i probably wouldn't dig red dead redemption based on what I've seen" vs "the game is a piece of shit even though I haven't played it" 
    Again, everyone feeling like they have to have an opinion on everything results in people talking about shit that they have no knowledge of. A movie critic who doesn't watch movies is just a shit talker. 

There's a difference between "this looks like a game I would love" vs "this is the best game of the year even though I haven't played it"

Just like there is a difference between "i probably wouldn't dig red dead redemption based on what I've seen" vs "the game is a piece of shit even though I haven't played it" 
    I didn't even call it a piece of shit. Just said I wouldn't touch it either