Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Different target audiences 
    Not the point. Frontiers is already a game that has a lot of doubt and skepticism around it, and you wanna drop it a day before the most hyped game of the entire year. It’s jus a bad move business wise and it will guaranteed hurt the release week sales. Some people, like me, will cop both, but for the people who can only cop one or will only cop one for the time being cause they won’t be playing both at the same time, Ragnarok will get the overwhelming majority of those sales. There was already heavy rumors that most developers are avoiding November releases strictly cause of Ragnarok.
    It literally is though. 

Also GoW is a single platform release, which will hurt its sales on its own. 

Its not the same market though. Most people aren't like us. The people who want sonic aren't that interesting in GoW
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Different target audiences 
    Not the point. Frontiers is already a game that has a lot of doubt and skepticism around it, and you wanna drop it a day before the most hyped game of the entire year. It’s jus a bad move business wise and it will guaranteed hurt the release week sales. Some people, like me, will cop both, but for the people who can only cop one or will only cop one for the time being cause they won’t be playing both at the same time, Ragnarok will get the overwhelming majority of those sales. There was already heavy rumors that most developers are avoiding November releases strictly cause of Ragnarok.
    Bruh that absolutely is the point. You are overestimating the crossover between Sonic fans and God of War fans. Sonic fans are not gonna buy God of War. Ragnorak might be one of the biggest games of the year but that's like saying Hollow Knight shouldn't release the same week as Fifa because Fifa is one of the biggest games on the planet. They'll lose a couple sales sure but it's not like Call of Duty and Battlefield releasing the same week or something 

Never played a lot of moba's before but my kid and GF play pokemon unite and I've gotten into it pretty hard. It's fun. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,708 jayfacer
    Tomorrow and Tuesday bout to be lit. Pac-Man World Repac tomorrow and Destroy All Humans 2 Reprobed on Tuesday. 2 all time childhood favorites. Those will definitely be next up right after Stray. Should be fairly quick Platinums too.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Tomorrow and Tuesday bout to be lit. Pac-Man World Repac tomorrow and Destroy All Humans 2 Reprobed on Tuesday. 2 all time childhood favorites. Those will definitely be next up right after Stray. Should be fairly quick Platinums too.
    Excited for Destroy All Humans, but hopefully they don't censor it like they did the first one. Though considering they made the leather-commie chick's boobs bigger, I think we're in good hands there. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,781 jayfacer
    Got the platinum in Days Gone for I am a trophy whore
    Same. Was pretty straightforward jus SUPER grindy lol.
    Excited for Destroy All Humans, but hopefully they don't censor it like they did the first one. Though considering they made the leather-commie chick's boobs bigger, I think we're in good hands there. 
    Wait, what was even censored? The original wasn’t even that raunchy, it was only ever rated T lol.
    Wait, what was even censored? The original wasn’t even that raunchy, it was only ever rated T lol.
    They took out the rape jokes, and reworked the probe gun, which removed a lot of the dirty dialogue while probing people as a result. 
    I hope this new arising trend of constant, unfunny, obnoxious, quippy, zoomer humor dialogue seen in games like High On Life, the new Saints Row, and Forspoken dies swiftly. It's so fucking annoying. I'd rather have a silent character who never speaks than a character who never shuts the fuck up with unfunny quips.
    Same. Was pretty straightforward jus SUPER grindy lol.
     Dude for real. Fighting hordes was fun but fighting just hordes exclusively for hours on end to xp grind for skill points sucked lol also tell me why the last trophy I needed that I couldn't unlock for the life of me was drifting/Nitrous for five seconds lmao was legit dicking around with that for an hour before I got it
    Also Rikki >>>>>>>>>>Sarah just sayin
    They took out the rape jokes, and reworked the probe gun, which removed a lot of the dirty dialogue while probing people as a result. 
    Oh damn I didn’t even notice lol. Remake was still gas tho. Minor inconsequential shit like that, you literally have to be looking for it to bother you. It didn’t affect the game whatsoever or ruin my enjoyment so it went completely unnoticed. Matter fact I woulda never knew they censored anything if you didn’t bring it up lmao.
    Fuck might not be getting the Platinum on Pac-Man World Repac. Looked at the trophy guide and you need to beat all 9 rounds of classic arcade Pac-Man for one of the trophies. Guide said that trophy alone is why the difficulty rating is so high. It’s 7/10 and they said without that single trophy, it would be 2/10. I’ll see how it goes but I was definitely never good at old school Pac-Man or any 8 bit shit and I’ll be damned if I’m sitting there replaying that old ass shit for hours on end to get that final trophy.
    Oh damn I didn’t even notice lol. Remake was still gas tho. Minor inconsequential shit like that, you literally have to be looking for it to bother you. It didn’t affect the game whatsoever or ruin my enjoyment so it went completely unnoticed. Matter fact I woulda never knew they censored anything if you didn’t bring it up lmao.
    Looks like the second game is going for a content warning at the beginning instead of censorship, so that's a win so far
    Holy shit the Cuphead DLC is hard
    Fuck dude that dog fight on the plane took me forever 
    I've played it for like 2.5 hours so far and only beat the Bootleggers, the Pawns, the Horse, and the Western one in the plane so far
    I should replay that game