Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Dime2 said:
    I still need to play Titanfall 2. I've had it for years, just never played it. Heard mixed things, so I want to judge it for myself. 

Just watch a review on it 
    I have. Youtubers I like both love and hate it. Gman loved it, and Under The Mayo didnt like it. I follow both of these guys for their takes on FPS, and generally I feel similarly. Though my tastes are more similar to Mayo's, so I think I probably wont like it as much as everyone else. Kind of why I havent actually played it yet tbh 

Wow look at that. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    I loved TF2's gameplay because it felt like a blend of a normal FPS with MechWarrior
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Apex> titanfall

I played the original TF beta. It was ok, felt a little too CoD for me at times though. I liked the mechs. Hawken >>>> 

Mechwarrior is so damn complicated too lol
    Apex> titanfall

Battle royale makes it instantly a worse experience 
    Why is it instantly worse?

Like you don't have to enjoy the genre, but it's popular for a reason lol. 

It's not always my favorite either, but I do enjoy them and apex has been the most innovative of all of them. Most of the other ones have stolen ideas that they introduced. It's a good game and it's fuckint free lol. 
    I just hate Battle Royales. Legitimately dont understand the appeal. 
    Gotta go with MC, except not understanding the appeal. I just fucking suck at them
    But then again that's the root cause of MC's hatred towards most games

I heard Sigrun has been calling your mother a lot
    Xeno said:

I beat Sigrun 🤪
    Sucking has nothing to do with why I dont like things. 

Im awful at Celeste, havent been able to beat it. Still think it's a great game. 
    Xeno said:

I beat Sigrun 🤪

Im awful at Celeste, havent been able to beat it. Still think it's a great game. 
    Sigrun also stole your juice pouch
    Xeno said:
    Xeno said:

I beat Sigrun 🤪

Sigrun also stole your juice pouch
    Sigrun was also my favorite part of the entire game
    Let's focus on the main point that battle royales are gay
    That I can drink to 
    I think we missed the main point that he hates because he sucks. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,708 jayfacer
    Beat the WWE 2K22 MyRise campaign last night. Originally, I was jus playing like an hour of it each day before hopping into my main campaign of whatever game I was playing at the moment, cause I thought it was like 10-12 hours like the old ones. That was taking forever tho so I took a lil detour to finish it off. Ended up being more like 25-30 hours. Overall a fun playthrough tho, I jus wish it had better pacing and more finality to it. It SHOULD end on you winning the Universal title at WrestleMania or something, but instead because of how it’s paced, you end up finishing on a completely random and irrelevant storyline, way after you won all the titles. Once you finish the last storyline, it jus gives you a caption screen that says you completed all main storylines and that you can either keep defending your titles endlessly, or you can start a new MyRise.

Gonna run thru the Showcase mode real quick tonight which should only take 2 hours or so, then hopping into The Siege Of Paris DLC on Valhalla, and Stray afterwards.
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,708 jayfacer
    Damn near forgot how fun Halo Infinite is. Haven’t played at all since Season 2 started and I started back up on Monday night cause I wanna finish the Battle Pass again. Shit is straight addicting. Again, it’s a shame that they’re drip feeding new content, because that is literally it’s only issue. The new map is fire too and fits the aesthetic of the campaign real well, which I appreciated, but it’s ONE new map for 6 fucking months lmao. Didn’t get to try the new BTB map tho, only the standard one. But it’s definitely active enough still, you find games WAY quicker than Vanguard. Lately when I play Vanguard, it’s rare that it can even fill up a full 6v6 game, usually ends up like 3v4 or 4v4, so THAT game is effectively dead as fuck smh.

I also think they increased the point rewards for challenges. Feels like I’m leveling up way quicker. In only 2 hours flat, using double XP tokens, I went from 0 to 13. An average of 6-7 levels an hour is pretty damn fast, and I don’t remember it being like that before. Won’t take long at all to finish the Battle Pass at this rate.
    Halo Infinite is dead af 
    Yeah that game is easily the most disappointing of current gen releases