Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Started Dark Souls 2

Early impressions arent very good tbh. It feels so much more clunky than Demons Souls/Dark Souls. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,703 jayfacer
    edited May 2022
    Lmao Valhalla was definitely built around the female Eivor as the main character. You can be either or, but I noticed that most of the romance options are men. There’s only been 2 total options for females from what I remember. I mean yea you can make male Eivor gay, plus pandering, but I highly doubt they would make gay options the majority lmao. Plus there’s been a handful of world events I ran into where the NPC refers to you as “she/her” even tho I have the male Eivor. Not surprised they forgot some extra voice lines on minor shit like that especially considering how fucking much of it there is, but yea it’s clear that the game is technically “sposed” to be played as the female version. Same thing for Odyssey, they said afterwards that the girl lead was technically canon, can’t remember her name.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    edited May 2022
    Odyssey was partially developed with Kassandra as the only playable character, they decided to make the option to choose partway through. In Odyssey she was the superior choice because the voice actress was way better than the dude's. 

I had the same complaint about Valhalla because the dude's voice actor is way better so I went with him. No where near enough gash in that game. You can't put Cnut from The Last Kingdom in your game and expect me not to play as him
    edited May 2022
    “Gash” 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yea I played as Alexios in Odyssey too, from what I saw, dialogue is all the exact same, jus switches which sibling you fight at the end. But there was plenty of female romance options and I never woulda known that Kassandra was sposed to be the “canon” choice if I didn’t read about it afterwards. Plus there wasn’t any dialogue fuck-ups where I was still called “she/her.” But in Valhalla it’s blatant as fuck lol plus one of the DLCs, I think the Odyssey crossover “Isle Of Skye” had female Eivor and Kassandra on the cover/promotional art because they were both sposed to be canon. Which is interesting since male Eivor is on the main cover art, but you can flip it inside out for female Eivor as the alternate cover. It’s like they tried to ghost in the female leads but didn’t have the balls to fully pull the trigger, thinking it would hurt sales lmao. But Horizon Zero Dawn and Forbidden West have proven people don’t give a shit if the game is good, especially when there ain’t an option. Of course when there is, Im’ma always play as the dude, but don’t secretly elect one as the “correct” choice then and clearly focus the game around them.
    So I should be starting Elden Ring Wednesday night, if not tomorrow. Valhalla for sure needs 2 more sessions, but tomorrow’s might be short enough that I can hop straight over to Elden Ring afterwards.

What in yall opinion is the easiest class to start as? Seems like the general consensus noob build is an Astrologer since you have range using magic attacks, but I guess late game bosses are pretty resistant to magic, so I’m seeing a lotta guides on YouTube that are actually listing Samurai and Vagabond as the easiest, even above Astrologer.

I’m jus tryna have the smoothest time possible on this game, fuck pride lmao.
    Idk about Elden Ring, but I find Knight/STR builds easy in Demons/Dark Souls. Basically tank builds.

But I hear magic is OP in Elden Ring. Idk how to build that though, Im a monkey when it comes to RPGs
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    My experience -dead- with Elden Rin-dead-g was fa-dead-irly sm-dead-dead-dead-ooth. 

Dead. lol 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    “Gash” 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yea I played as Alexios in Odyssey too, from what I saw, dialogue is all the exact same, jus switches which sibling you fight at the end. But there was plenty of female romance options and I never woulda known that Kassandra was sposed to be the “canon” choice if I didn’t read about it afterwards. Plus there wasn’t any dialogue fuck-ups where I was still called “she/her.” But in Valhalla it’s blatant as fuck lol plus one of the DLCs, I think the Odyssey crossover “Isle Of Skye” had female Eivor and Kassandra on the cover/promotional art because they were both sposed to be canon. Which is interesting since male Eivor is on the main cover art, but you can flip it inside out for female Eivor as the alternate cover. It’s like they tried to ghost in the female leads but didn’t have the balls to fully pull the trigger, thinking it would hurt sales lmao. But Horizon Zero Dawn and Forbidden West have proven people don’t give a shit if the game is good, especially when there ain’t an option. Of course when there is, Im’ma always play as the dude, but don’t secretly elect one as the “correct” choice then and clearly focus the game around them.
    There was a crossover with Odyssey? Damn I should reinstall it, I got the ultimate edition but havent played it since the siege of Paris expansion I think. Bullshit that I still have to pay for the Ragnarok expansion if I want to play it
    Xeno said:
    “Gash” 🤣🤣🤣🤣

There was a crossover with Odyssey? Damn I should reinstall it, I got the ultimate edition but havent played it since the siege of Paris expansion I think. Bullshit that I still have to pay for the Ragnarok expansion if I want to play it
    Yessir, it’s free. I currently have the option to start it at the settlement. It’s a dream sequence like Asgard and Jotunheim from what I can tell. Debating on doing it but the main game is already so long lmao. It’s only 3-4 hours max if I do do it tho, would definitely be more refreshing for you since you been away from the game so you might as well.

And Dawn Of Ragnarok is at least essentially a full new game, regardless of having to pay for it. Reviews said it takes a full 25-30 hours to complete lmao that’s the length of a lot of full priced $60-$70 games so for $25 that ain’t bad. But again, as intriguing as it looks, I already spent so long and don’t feel like immediately tacking on 30 more hours. Plus, given that it’s a complete fantasy map, they were 0 for 2 on the 2 base game fantasy maps. Asgard and Jotunheim were extremely disappointing and prolly my least favorite areas to play in the entire game when they coulda did so much more wit those concepts. So if Dawn Of Ragnarok is 30 more hours of THAT type of design, then I’m good lmao.
    Idk about Elden Ring, but I find Knight/STR builds easy in Demons/Dark Souls. Basically tank builds.

But I hear magic is OP in Elden Ring. Idk how to build that though, Im a monkey when it comes to RPGs
    From all guides that I’ve seen, apparently strength builds are extremely underpowered in Elden Ring and a lot of fans were asking for a buff because they’re unfairly weak compared to other classes. But a lot of these videos were posted more around launch, so they mighta got a buff since then, not sure.
    Xeno said:
    “Gash” 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yessir, it’s free. I currently have the option to start it at the settlement. It’s a dream sequence like Asgard and Jotunheim from what I can tell. Debating on doing it but the main game is already so long lmao. It’s only 3-4 hours max if I do do it tho, would definitely be more refreshing for you since you been away from the game so you might as well.

And Dawn Of Ragnarok is at least essentially a full new game, regardless of having to pay for it. Reviews said it takes a full 25-30 hours to complete lmao that’s the length of a lot of full priced $60-$70 games so for $25 that ain’t bad. But again, as intriguing as it looks, I already spent so long and don’t feel like immediately tacking on 30 more hours. Plus, given that it’s a complete fantasy map, they were 0 for 2 on the 2 base game fantasy maps. Asgard and Jotunheim were extremely disappointing and prolly my least favorite areas to play in the entire game when they coulda did so much more wit those concepts. So if Dawn Of Ragnarok is 30 more hours of THAT type of design, then I’m good lmao.
    On my end it's listing Ragnarok as $40, imma wait until it's on sale
    Finally on the last region of Valhalla and got damn the story jus went completely holy shit what the fuck Goddamn. Sad it took this long cause it really put in perspective how truly pointless the individual stories were for each region lmao. Now I’m actually thirsty to see how this ends.
    British history would tell you those were all pointless lol, sort of like the last kingdom

But yeah, the ending actually got me interested in the overarching AC pilot again
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    So I should be starting Elden Ring Wednesday night, if not tomorrow. Valhalla for sure needs 2 more sessions, but tomorrow’s might be short enough that I can hop straight over to Elden Ring afterwards.

What in yall opinion is the easiest class to start as? Seems like the general consensus noob build is an Astrologer since you have range using magic attacks, but I guess late game bosses are pretty resistant to magic, so I’m seeing a lotta guides on YouTube that are actually listing Samurai and Vagabond as the easiest, even above Astrologer.

would say Samurai. You get a longbow for range and a uchigatana that has a great bleed buildup and great ash move called “unsheathe” that’s very powerful that definitely helps bleed. Also shit ain’t gonna be smooth my guy lol. Gonna definitely have to pay attention to stats, your armor, your great runes, and a lot more. 
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    There's this barcade that opened up next to a concert venue right by me that holds smash tournaments every Wednesday. Haven't played smash bros in years so I loaded it up n was like "wtf am I doing?" Need to use a GameCube controller for that muscle memory 
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    Xeno said:
    British history would tell you those were all pointless lol, sort of like the last kingdom

But yeah, the ending actually got me interested in the overarching AC pilot again
    Well yea, plus AC has a history of the (No pun intended.) historical stuff not really tying into the present/Isu stuff, which is obviously the overall main focus. But in older games, there was at least a lot more of it, ie; They would find a Piece Of Eden in their era and you learned that that’s why they needed to visit that era in the Animus, or you would find out that certain historical figures were Assassins or Templars (Or allies of them.) and they would blend actual history wit their altered AC history, which all built towards the present storyline. But in Valhalla, there is literally NONE of that until that moment right before the final region, when Sigurd takes Eivor to that Isu facility/monument and shit hits the fan, and that’s only after 100+ hours into the game. Nearly nothing before that has anything to do wit ANY of that or builds up to it, other than Sigurd getting tortured and acting weird and having the visions afterwards. But each region’s individual storylines and set of characters add nothing to that and have no ties to it, which leaves their stories literally pointless and used purely as a loose motivation to move you thru each region. I mean Glowecestreshire’s story, which was a late game area, had to do wit helping their town’s fucking Halloween/Samhain celebration lmfao. And Lincolnscire’s (If I remember the region correctly.) was basically couples counseling and helping dude marry the woman he actually loved, since his actual marriage was only out of necessity and they hated eachother lmao. Like shit like that is literally DLC/side quest level stuff, except they were literally the main storylines for those regions. So by the end when you see what REALLY goes down and what’s actually important, you’re sitting there like “Wow that all meant literally fucking nothing.” lmao.

would say Samurai. You get a longbow for range and a uchigatana that has a great bleed buildup and great ash move called “unsheathe” that’s very powerful that definitely helps bleed. Also shit ain’t gonna be smooth my guy lol. Gonna definitely have to pay attention to stats, your armor, your great runes, and a lot more. 
    Smooth is relative, I obviously know that it’s going to be a challenging run no matter what, but I’m trying to take as much of that load off as possible lol. Like for instance, from what I’ve seen, the Wretch is mostly considered the hardest class in the game, and only recommended for Souls veterans.

I’m leaning towards Samurai tho for sure at this point, does Samurai (And other classes.) still get some kind of magic but they’re jus limited in comparison to Astrologer, or are they completely unable and the bow is your only ranged attack??
    I think it was Jake that said Overwatch is a shooter for people that don’t like shooters and Goddamn that couldn’t be more accurate. I jus can not get into it. I been playing it a lot more because my main COD squad decided to randomly jump ship and go back to that old ass game. That shit is ass and I have way too many problems wit it. First and foremost, the aiming is fucking horrible. I thought it was jus different and something I needed to get used to like Halo so I reserved judgment, but naw it is jus straight up fucking bad and inaccurate. The lower sensitivities, like 0-5 are “best”, but they are still way too slow and you don’t have a prayer of being fast enough to catch a bunny hopping faggot, but a single tick or 2 upwards and the reticle is fucking ice skating and flying past targets. And that’s on the strongest aim assist. It’s like there straight up ain’t a sweet spot. I’m not even surprised the shooting mechanics are bad, because Blizzard don’t even traditionally make shooters, they always been about MMOs and RTS type games. But beyond that, the game feels way too slow and I hate how literally every character has a major handicap of some sort. Speed problem can be somewhat fixed by using Soldier.76 since he can sprint, but he’s a glass cannon and I hate using him otherwise. I’ve tried everybody and I’m best wit D.Va and Roadhog, but Roadhog is turtle slow and D.va’s ultimate is trash since it takes like 5 seconds to detonate and most mfs dodge it. Nobody feels truly satisfying to use. And lastly, Dunkey said it in his Overwatch 2 Beta mini review and he hit the nail on the head, the game requires an unrealistic amount of teamwork, from randoms but even as a squad unless you’re on some perfectly coordinated hive mind type shit. I LOVE teamwork based modes on other shooters like Capture The Flag, (In both COD and Halo, especially Halo.) Cold War’s Fireteam, Vanguard’s equivalent called Arms Race, Search And Destroy, etc. MANY others. So it’s not about being a lone wolf and not liking/wanting to play as a team, but at least in those cases, you mostly have the freedom to still do your own thing, and not be completely fucked and guaranteed to lose if you don’t have 100% perfect team coordination and teamwork. Overwatch is basically like playing basketball where the only possible way to score is if all 4 other players are completely surrounding you at all times. You’re basically on a restricted leash and FORCED to play a very certain way in order to make any kind of dent. Shit is lame as fuck.
    Overwatch is more like a game like DOTA or League Of Legends than a game like CoD
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Cdkeys is selling 3 month gamepass codes for $25
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket