Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,590 spicy boy
    2 months for .89 cents
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Cdkeys is selling 3 month gamepass codes for $25
    That code is region locked. It’s $37 for the U.S though. I’m sure there is a way around it. 

2 months for .89 cents
    Only for people that are new to ultimate and never had a subscription 
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    So I should be starting Elden Ring Wednesday night, if not tomorrow. Valhalla for sure needs 2 more sessions, but tomorrow’s might be short enough that I can hop straight over to Elden Ring afterwards.

What in yall opinion is the easiest class to start as? Seems like the general consensus noob build is an Astrologer since you have range using magic attacks, but I guess late game bosses are pretty resistant to magic, so I’m seeing a lotta guides on YouTube that are actually listing Samurai and Vagabond as the easiest, even above Astrologer.

I’m jus tryna have the smoothest time possible on this game, fuck pride lmao.

would say Samurai. You get a longbow for range and a uchigatana that has a great bleed buildup and great ash move called “unsheathe” that’s very powerful that definitely helps bleed. Also shit ain’t gonna be smooth my guy lol. Gonna definitely have to pay attention to stats, your armor, your great runes, and a lot more. 
    Smooth is relative, I obviously know that it’s going to be a challenging run no matter what, but I’m trying to take as much of that load off as possible lol. Like for instance, from what I’ve seen, the Wretch is mostly considered the hardest class in the game, and only recommended for Souls veterans.

I’m leaning towards Samurai tho for sure at this point, does Samurai (And other classes.) still get some kind of magic but they’re jus limited in comparison to Astrologer, or are they completely unable and the bow is your only ranged attack??
    You can have some magic but it honestly won’t be very effective. Most of your stats in the first play through is going to go straight to Dex, vat, endurance, and strength/mind. 
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Cdkeys is selling 3 month gamepass codes for $25
    That code is region locked. It’s $37 for the U.S though. I’m sure there is a way around it. 

2 months for .89 cents
    Only for people that are new to ultimate and never had a subscription 
    The 2 i bought in the morning said redeemable in the US. Worked fine, set til december
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,703 jayfacer
    Valhalla Season Pass is 50% off currently for $20. I might jus cop it. 🤔🤔 But what’s weird is that Dawn Of Ragnarok ain’t part of it, only The Siege Of Paris and Wrath Of The Druids. But Dawn Of Ragnarok will inevitably be $20 too in a couple months, they always drop. So I might cop these now, wait til that’s on sale, and then play all 3 back to back that way I also get a break from Valhalla and come back to it feeling a lil fresher.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Yeah that's what I was saying about it not coming with the ultimate edition. I guess because Ragnarok is such a large expansion they figured they could get away with keeping it separate, knowing the majority of people who would want to play it probably already have the DLC pass.
    Xeno said:
    British history would tell you those were all pointless lol, sort of like the last kingdom

But yeah, the ending actually got me interested in the overarching AC pilot again
    Well yea, plus AC has a history of the (No pun intended.) historical stuff not really tying into the present/Isu stuff, which is obviously the overall main focus. But in older games, there was at least a lot more of it, ie; They would find a Piece Of Eden in their era and you learned that that’s why they needed to visit that era in the Animus, or you would find out that certain historical figures were Assassins or Templars (Or allies of them.) and they would blend actual history wit their altered AC history, which all built towards the present storyline. But in Valhalla, there is literally NONE of that until that moment right before the final region, when Sigurd takes Eivor to that Isu facility/monument and shit hits the fan, and that’s only after 100+ hours into the game. Nearly nothing before that has anything to do wit ANY of that or builds up to it, other than Sigurd getting tortured and acting weird and having the visions afterwards. But each region’s individual storylines and set of characters add nothing to that and have no ties to it, which leaves their stories literally pointless and used purely as a loose motivation to move you thru each region. I mean Glowecestreshire’s story, which was a late game area, had to do wit helping their town’s fucking Halloween/Samhain celebration lmfao. And Lincolnscire’s (If I remember the region correctly.) was basically couples counseling and helping dude marry the woman he actually loved, since his actual marriage was only out of necessity and they hated eachother lmao. Like shit like that is literally DLC/side quest level stuff, except they were literally the main storylines for those regions. So by the end when you see what REALLY goes down and what’s actually important, you’re sitting there like “Wow that all meant literally fucking nothing.” lmao.
    Yeah, they started containing the Isu plot stuff into random spots that didn't affect anything overall because of people getting burnt out on the modern day plot after Desmond died in AC3. They definitely can be doing it better but the endings of Odyssey and Valhalla have gotten me at least interested in it again
    Erik I know you have a crazy backlog of games but have you played Witcher 3?
    Hard pass on extra valhalla
    I just downloaded witcher to give it another go. Been years  
    Xeno said:
    Erik I know you have a crazy backlog of games but have you played Witcher 3?
    No and I want to due to all the praise, but at this point, it’s been so long that I’m jus gonna wait for the next gen remaster and finally play it then.
    So I started Elden Ring and of course I’m getting my shit kicked in lmao, but that’s getting brushed off at this point cause I know I’m not putting any kinda dents til I grind up a LOT more, but the game is actually frustrating for an entirely separate reason, which is the fact that I have like zero clue what the fuck to do and where the fuck to go lmao. I played 4 hours for my first session and I literally feel like I got nothing done whatsoever in that time. Like the big map is one thing, obviously I jus spent mad long on a GIGANTIC map, but there’s no guidance whatsoever. I mean the fucking map doesn’t even have a legend to at least explain what certain symbols mean lmao smh. And on top of that, there’s a LOT of systems in place all going on at the same time. I definitely gotta watch some videos and tutorials and kinda plan out a roadmap.
    Lol that has been postponed “until further notice” 

that aint happening lol
    Just buy a PC and an elite controller and hook the pc up to the oled boi and problem solved
    Lol that has been postponed “until further notice” 

that aint happening lol
    What? They said in their shareholder meaning it'll probably still be coming out the same year they just don't want to dedicate to a release date and have to push it back. How tf is that the same thing as not happening lol
    So I started Elden Ring and of course I’m getting my shit kicked in lmao, but that’s getting brushed off at this point cause I know I’m not putting any kinda dents til I grind up a LOT more, but the game is actually frustrating for an entirely separate reason, which is the fact that I have like zero clue what the fuck to do and where the fuck to go lmao. I played 4 hours for my first session and I literally feel like I got nothing done whatsoever in that time. Like the big map is one thing, obviously I jus spent mad long on a GIGANTIC map, but there’s no guidance whatsoever. I mean the fucking map doesn’t even have a legend to at least explain what certain symbols mean lmao smh. And on top of that, there’s a LOT of systems in place all going on at the same time. I definitely gotta watch some videos and tutorials and kinda plan out a roadmap.
    That's my biggest problem with Soulsbourne games. I get it, and it's why diehard fans love the games in the first place, but I need to get past the initial hurdle to really get into it and I just haven't been able to with DS1 and DS3
    idk im just skeptical i guess. 

Im not sure why it wouln't just be released in the first place. Like from the way i understand it, at least with the xbox, its pretty easy to release these kinds of updates. Maybe because its an older one, its harder to do or something. 
    They're doing more of an overhaul than just uncapping the frame rate, the good remasters take time. Look at Saints Row 3

Trading in the Xbox One S for a Series S today. I was gonna hold out for a Series X but dropping more money right before going back to regional trucking next month is dumb. Plus I can use the series s as a bonus Xbox for my fiancee in the future if I get a series X later on