Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Ok. I finished watching all of Kingdom Hearts X[Chi] cutscenes, made sense until the very end. Anyone understand that?

And I'm about 4 hours (out of 12) into the Unchained/Union X cutscenes - and again, wtf is going on? 

I understood the majority of Kingdom Heart's story before this, but the mobile game lore is so bonkers. 

From what I understand: 
    X[Chi] shows the events of the keyblade war referenced throughout the main series, and introduces the Unions from Backcover. Keyblade war occurs, and the player character dies. Ephemer and Skuld go on to train the next generation of keyblade warriors... but then the character wakes up, and all the events of the game were a dream? And they're at Malificent's castle, and she mentions Sora - so this is taking place DURING Sora's story? How does that make any sense?

And from what I've read online Unchained X is a retelling of X[Chi] but it's an in-universe digital presentation of the events from X[Chi] with deviations that go into Union X. So what are the real events? 

And then what's up with the Disney worlds? The mobile games just tell the same stories as Birth By Sleep with the Disney princesses. And what's up with Ventus? 

I'm so lost now. 
    Visit the Kingdom Hearts hotel in Tokyo Disney to find out.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Ok. I finished watching all of Kingdom Hearts X[Chi] cutscenes, made sense until the very end. Anyone understand that?

And I'm about 4 hours (out of 12) into the Unchained/Union X cutscenes - and again, wtf is going on? 

I understood the majority of Kingdom Heart's story before this, but the mobile game lore is so bonkers. 

From what I understand: 
    X[Chi] shows the events of the keyblade war referenced throughout the main series, and introduces the Unions from Backcover. Keyblade war occurs, and the player character dies. Ephemer and Skuld go on to train the next generation of keyblade warriors... but then the character wakes up, and all the events of the game were a dream? And they're at Malificent's castle, and she mentions Sora - so this is taking place DURING Sora's story? How does that make any sense?

And from what I've read online Unchained X is a retelling of X[Chi] but it's an in-universe digital presentation of the events from X[Chi] with deviations that go into Union X. So what are the real events? 

And then what's up with the Disney worlds? The mobile games just tell the same stories as Birth By Sleep with the Disney princesses. And what's up with Ventus? 

I'm so lost now. 
    Is it canon?
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    More importantly, will Kairi, Aqua, and Larxene be there? 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,703 jayfacer
    Vanguard finally added a good new map holy shit. It’s called Mayhem. It’s small and chaotic instead of gigantic and built around camping like most of their maps, and on top of that it’s actually unique instead of generic and bland like most of the others. It’s a movie set wit a miniature city, like how they used to shoot old kaiju movies, cause of the upcoming Godzilla Vs. Kong event that they’re adding to Warzone. Add like 3-4 more small maps like this and throw em in a playlist wit Das Haus, Dome, Mayhem, and Shipment, and this game finally has a fire ass playlist equivalent to Face-Off 6v6 from Cold War. Wishful thinking tho when it took them until Season 3 to add a map like this when all the others have followed a similar blueprint. But Goddamn at least it finally has something else in this style lmao.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Also, you’re on PC?? Wanted to try that beta but saw it was invite + PC only. 
    Yeah it's PC only. I'm on ps4 but I've been watching streamers play it. You're right OW2 might be more your style than 1 was. I'm not a big multiplayer guy so OW1 was a rare thing for me. 
    Blizzard really took Tracer's ass away, huh? 

• Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,781 jayfacer

From what I understand: 

I'm so lost now. 
     Ephemer and Skuld get tasked with taking the Dandelions to a data world to avoid the world's destruction due to the keyblade war. That's where player comes in (the coming back to life shit will be explained when you get to the end, same with Ven). All the Disney worlds are hologram projections from the Book Of Prophecies which allows the players to go to the sites the disney world's will eventually appear in but they're not actually there. Maleficent arrives from the future to try and change her fate thats why she already knows about Sora but Darkness seals her in the past for now so she can't tamper with any future events (more of that gets explained later too). 
    You think you confused now son wait til the end lmao shit is bonkers
    Dime2 said:

From what I understand: 

I'm so lost now. 
     Ephemer and Skuld get tasked with taking the Dandelions to a data world to avoid the world's destruction due to the keyblade war. That's where player comes in (the coming back to life shit will be explained when you get to the end, same with Ven). All the Disney worlds are hologram projections from the Book Of Prophecies which allows the players to go to the sites the disney world's will eventually appear in but they're not actually there. Maleficent arrives from the future to try and change her fate thats why she already knows about Sora but Darkness seals her in the past for now so she can't tamper with any future events (more of that gets explained later too). 
    And thats why Maleficent and Pete are looking for The Master's box at the end of 3? Is that in the data world too? 
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer

From what I understand: 

I'm so lost now. 
    Is it canon?
    It's confirmed canon
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

From what I understand: 

I'm so lost now. 
    Is it canon?
    It's confirmed canon
    I actually hate when these places make rides and attractions, or like concert events canon to stories. 
    @MetalCoresades you ever play Katana Zero? It's a twitch platformer with some hotline Miami vibes. You'd dig it
    It's on my list. I need to play that, Cyber Shadow, and finish The Messenger lol
    I just bought the messenger lol. Along with katana zero, into the breach, and hollow knight on switch 
    Hollow Knight <3

Enjoy that MASTERPIECE
    Dime2 said:

From what I understand: 

I'm so lost now. 
    And thats why Maleficent and Pete are looking for The Master's box at the end of 3? Is that in the data world too? 
    Yeah they know it's in that time frame but not that Luxu has it 
    Hollow Knight <3

Enjoy that MASTERPIECE
    I'm saving that one for last because I know it's gonna be sick and also it'll take the longest to beat

I just watched your review of it lol
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,703 jayfacer
    After catching up on the backlog, this is my revised top 5 of 2021. Really all that changed is Resident Evil Village got pushed off. Which I knew it would lol. Shit was like a 7/10 and I didn’t even like it like that, it was jus a placeholder.

#1: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
    #2: PsychoNauts 2
    #3: Forza Horizon 5
    #4: Halo Infinite
    #5: Guardians Of The Galaxy

Honorable Mention: Far Cry 6

Really Guardians Of The Galaxy and Far Cry 6 are moreso tied for #5 because I enjoyed both pretty equally. I jus gave the slight edge to Guardians Of The Galaxy for having a tighter more focused campaign, plus being a Marvel stan, it’s always great when there’s comic book games that are actually great, especially after the Avengers flop.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,590 spicy boy
    Fuck halo was the biggest disappointment of last year lol
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Lol hello no that honor goes to Battlefield