Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Yeah that's been the case with Origins thru Valhalla. I see it as them trying to copy Wild Hunt in a lot of ways but not actually getting the point of anything they're copying
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,703 jayfacer
    edited May 2022
    Origins and Odyssey didn’t feel nearly as bloated tho. Origins I Platinum’d in like 60-70 hours, Odyssey was jus short of 100. But Odyssey, even tho it was still floating around that 100 hour mark, it felt a lot less grindy because it felt more legitimately packed wit content, instead of stat padding like what Valhalla did. It’s like they went bigger and bigger each game strictly because bigger MUST be better, and even they didn’t know how to properly fill all that extra space in. Origins did it best in that regard because it was still massive without ever overstaying it’s welcome or feeling like a tacked on chore. And nobody walked away from that game saying that it needed to be longer. They found a sweet spot right off the bat for the bigger RPG style turn that AC took at that point, but then they jus went overboard on fattening it up.
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    I got Valhalla for 7 bucks n your updates make me not want to play lol
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    I got Valhalla for 7 bucks n your updates make me not want to play lol
    Keep in mind that he's a completionist going for the platinum. It's definitely a long game otherwise but not that insane on the hours as what he's looking at
    edited May 2022
    Yea what he said lmao. If you play strictly the campaign missions, you could be finished in 60-70 hours. Which is still long as fuck for nothing but campaign and no side content considering most games can be 100 percented/Platinum’d in that time or less lmao, but it’s still way more doable. I would say if you wanted to strictly play nothing but actual game PLAY, then I would play the campaign missions and the blue World Events, which have taken the place of full blown side missions, in the form of basically another type of collectible. But each one only takes roughly 3-5 minutes so they’re like micro side quests lol. And then skip all other types of blue Mysteries on the map except maybe the Treasures Of Britain, which are explorable puzzle like caves/tombs. But even then, you’d have to grab I would say like 40-50% of the game’s Wealths, which are the main form of collectible, in order to fully upgrade your armor and weapons, if you cared enough about that. And then Artifacts are strictly a collectible, they don’t upgrade anything and the only reason to grab them is strictly for Platinum purposes, so those could be skipped entirely. But regardless, it’s definitely a grind no matter which way you look at it.

I considered skipping the Platinum on this game all the way back when I first saw the trophy guide and saw the fact that there was almost 800 different collectibles and you needed every single one of em lmao. Because I don’t Platinum every game, and there’s definitely ones that I skip. For instance, I usually say fuck the Platinum on games that require 2 or especially 3 different separate play throughs. But I’ve gotten the Platinum on every single mainline AC since 3, and 3 was actually my first Platinum ever that started the whole grind, so idk I felt basically compelled to stick it out and finish it and not break the streak lmao.
    Post edited by EpisodeMnH on
    Makes me want to play even less. I usually go for platinums too. 70 hrs for just the story is to much lol. Multiple playthroughs don't bug me if the game can be beat in like 6 hours.
    Yeah it took me like 55hrs to finish Valhalla
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Finally finished the main game of Kirby. Got all the Waddle Dees. Completed all the side challenges. Now to do the bonus campaign, and finish the challenges in par. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,781 jayfacer
    I'm scared of what Dark Road is going to reveal
     Dark Road literally reveals almost nothing lol
    Dime2 said:
    Dime2 said:
    Ok. I finished watching all of Kingdom Hearts X[Chi] cutscenes, made sense until the very end. Anyone understand that?

And I'm about 4 hours (out of 12) into the Unchained/Union X cutscenes - and again, wtf is going on? 

I understood the majority of Kingdom Heart's story before this, but the mobile game lore is so bonkers. 

From what I understand: 
    X[Chi] shows the events of the keyblade war referenced throughout the main series, and introduces the Unions from Backcover. Keyblade war occurs, and the player character dies. Ephemer and Skuld go on to train the next generation of keyblade warriors... but then the character wakes up, and all the events of the game were a dream? And they're at Malificent's castle, and she mentions Sora - so this is taking place DURING Sora's story? How does that make any sense?

And from what I've read online Unchained X is a retelling of X[Chi] but it's an in-universe digital presentation of the events from X[Chi] with deviations that go into Union X. So what are the real events? 

And then what's up with the Disney worlds? The mobile games just tell the same stories as Birth By Sleep with the Disney princesses. And what's up with Ventus? 

I'm so lost now. 
     Ephemer and Skuld get tasked with taking the Dandelions to a data world to avoid the world's destruction due to the keyblade war. That's where player comes in (the coming back to life shit will be explained when you get to the end, same with Ven). All the Disney worlds are hologram projections from the Book Of Prophecies which allows the players to go to the sites the disney world's will eventually appear in but they're not actually there. Maleficent arrives from the future to try and change her fate thats why she already knows about Sora but Darkness seals her in the past for now so she can't tamper with any future events (more of that gets explained later too). 
    And thats why Maleficent and Pete are looking for The Master's box at the end of 3? Is that in the data world too? 
    Yeah they know it's in that time frame but not that Luxu has it 
    Ok, so I now get:

The events of [Chi] were the REAL events of the Keyblade War, but with story book worlds created by the Master of Masters to harvest Lum since the REAL worlds from the story books didn't exist yet. The five Dandelion leaders were selected to rebuild the world following the war, and rebuild the Keyblade unions. The events of Unchain X and Union X are data recreations of the worlds and people from the "real" world. The recreations don't remember the Keyblade War, and the war never happens in this new data recreation.

But... why? If this new world, and these new people are just data recreations, why go through all that trouble? 

Also, if Maleficent learned how to travel through time, why does she go back to the fake story book version of her world, instead of the REAL version of her world from either Birth By Sleep or KH1? What good would her existing in a fake world serve? 

Also Marluxia and Larxene are keyblade wielders now? Why is EVERYONE a keyblade wielder? It makes the whole thing feel less special. Though thinking about it, does that mean that ALL of Organization 13 was made of Nobodies from keyblade wielders? But then why were Roxas and Xion the only ones that could use a keyblade? Why didn't they get redemption arcs like Axel did? 

Also noticed Marluxia's sister Strelitzia is in the KH4 trailer. 

Still have four hours of cutscenes left to go for Union X. It's starting to make more sense, but like WHY? Why is Tetsuya Nomura like this? 

Every answer leads to more questions. 
     Yeah keep in mind it's a free to play mobile game so naturally it's gonna be a little light on the story
    Dime2 said:
    Love it
    Dime2 said:
    Dime2 said:
    Dime2 said:
    Ok. I finished watching all of Kingdom Hearts X[Chi] cutscenes, made sense until the very end. Anyone understand that?

And I'm about 4 hours (out of 12) into the Unchained/Union X cutscenes - and again, wtf is going on? 

I understood the majority of Kingdom Heart's story before this, but the mobile game lore is so bonkers. 

From what I understand: 
    X[Chi] shows the events of the keyblade war referenced throughout the main series, and introduces the Unions from Backcover. Keyblade war occurs, and the player character dies. Ephemer and Skuld go on to train the next generation of keyblade warriors... but then the character wakes up, and all the events of the game were a dream? And they're at Malificent's castle, and she mentions Sora - so this is taking place DURING Sora's story? How does that make any sense?

And from what I've read online Unchained X is a retelling of X[Chi] but it's an in-universe digital presentation of the events from X[Chi] with deviations that go into Union X. So what are the real events? 

And then what's up with the Disney worlds? The mobile games just tell the same stories as Birth By Sleep with the Disney princesses. And what's up with Ventus? 

I'm so lost now. 
     Ephemer and Skuld get tasked with taking the Dandelions to a data world to avoid the world's destruction due to the keyblade war. That's where player comes in (the coming back to life shit will be explained when you get to the end, same with Ven). All the Disney worlds are hologram projections from the Book Of Prophecies which allows the players to go to the sites the disney world's will eventually appear in but they're not actually there. Maleficent arrives from the future to try and change her fate thats why she already knows about Sora but Darkness seals her in the past for now so she can't tamper with any future events (more of that gets explained later too). 
    And thats why Maleficent and Pete are looking for The Master's box at the end of 3? Is that in the data world too? 
    Ok, so I now get:

The events of [Chi] were the REAL events of the Keyblade War, but with story book worlds created by the Master of Masters to harvest Lum since the REAL worlds from the story books didn't exist yet. The five Dandelion leaders were selected to rebuild the world following the war, and rebuild the Keyblade unions. The events of Unchain X and Union X are data recreations of the worlds and people from the "real" world. The recreations don't remember the Keyblade War, and the war never happens in this new data recreation.

But... why? If this new world, and these new people are just data recreations, why go through all that trouble? 

Also, if Maleficent learned how to travel through time, why does she go back to the fake story book version of her world, instead of the REAL version of her world from either Birth By Sleep or KH1? What good would her existing in a fake world serve? 

Also Marluxia and Larxene are keyblade wielders now? Why is EVERYONE a keyblade wielder? It makes the whole thing feel less special. Though thinking about it, does that mean that ALL of Organization 13 was made of Nobodies from keyblade wielders? But then why were Roxas and Xion the only ones that could use a keyblade? Why didn't they get redemption arcs like Axel did? 

Still have four hours of cutscenes left to go for Union X. It's starting to make more sense, but like WHY? Why is Tetsuya Nomura like this? 

Yeah keep in mind it's a free to play mobile game so naturally it's gonna be a little light on the story
    12 hours of cutscenes
    Light on story

Only Kingdom Hearts
    Finally finished the main game of Kirby. Got all the Waddle Dees. Completed all the side challenges. Now to do the bonus campaign, and finish the challenges in par. 
    Pretty much done. Still left some time challenges, because fuck em. But I did everything else
    Yet again fixing and opening up a PS5 controller smh. Same one as last time but now it’s the left stick, last time was the right. I was thinking immediately after closing it back up the last time how I shoulda did the left stick too while I had it open even tho it wasn’t drifting at the time. But I didn’t and here we are lmao.
    Supposedly the colored dualsense have better parts
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,590 spicy boy
    My ps5 is just collecting dust. 
    Dime2 said:
    Dime2 said:
    Dime2 said:

From what I understand: 

I'm so lost now. 
    Ok, so I now get:

12 hours of cutscenes
    Light on story

Only Kingdom Hearts
     I was being sarcastic lol
    Dime2 said:
    Love it
     That will probably change with the finale but the only relevant piece of info is seeing eraqus and xehanort going to keyblade school. We meet their class mates and they do absolutely nothing but since this is KH they'll all probably be super important later lol
    I finally got around to finishing Melody Of Memory (turns out, I was right at the end)

So wtf Kairi is an agent of Xehanort? Lol

Wonder who the Third Key is. I'm thinking Skuld. 
    Skuld or Brain