Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Fuck halo was the biggest disappointment of last year lol
    Yea Im really frustrated with how 343 has been handling Halo post-launch
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Dime2 said:
    Dime2 said:
    Ok. I finished watching all of Kingdom Hearts X[Chi] cutscenes, made sense until the very end. Anyone understand that?

And I'm about 4 hours (out of 12) into the Unchained/Union X cutscenes - and again, wtf is going on? 

I understood the majority of Kingdom Heart's story before this, but the mobile game lore is so bonkers. 

From what I understand: 
    X[Chi] shows the events of the keyblade war referenced throughout the main series, and introduces the Unions from Backcover. Keyblade war occurs, and the player character dies. Ephemer and Skuld go on to train the next generation of keyblade warriors... but then the character wakes up, and all the events of the game were a dream? And they're at Malificent's castle, and she mentions Sora - so this is taking place DURING Sora's story? How does that make any sense?

And from what I've read online Unchained X is a retelling of X[Chi] but it's an in-universe digital presentation of the events from X[Chi] with deviations that go into Union X. So what are the real events? 

And then what's up with the Disney worlds? The mobile games just tell the same stories as Birth By Sleep with the Disney princesses. And what's up with Ventus? 

I'm so lost now. 
     Ephemer and Skuld get tasked with taking the Dandelions to a data world to avoid the world's destruction due to the keyblade war. That's where player comes in (the coming back to life shit will be explained when you get to the end, same with Ven). All the Disney worlds are hologram projections from the Book Of Prophecies which allows the players to go to the sites the disney world's will eventually appear in but they're not actually there. Maleficent arrives from the future to try and change her fate thats why she already knows about Sora but Darkness seals her in the past for now so she can't tamper with any future events (more of that gets explained later too). 
    And thats why Maleficent and Pete are looking for The Master's box at the end of 3? Is that in the data world too? 
    Yeah they know it's in that time frame but not that Luxu has it 
    Ok, so I now get:

The events of [Chi] were the REAL events of the Keyblade War, but with story book worlds created by the Master of Masters to harvest Lum since the REAL worlds from the story books didn't exist yet. The five Dandelion leaders were selected to rebuild the world following the war, and rebuild the Keyblade unions. The events of Unchain X and Union X are data recreations of the worlds and people from the "real" world. The recreations don't remember the Keyblade War, and the war never happens in this new data recreation.

But... why? If this new world, and these new people are just data recreations, why go through all that trouble? 

Also, if Maleficent learned how to travel through time, why does she go back to the fake story book version of her world, instead of the REAL version of her world from either Birth By Sleep or KH1? What good would her existing in a fake world serve? 

Also Marluxia and Larxene are keyblade wielders now? Why is EVERYONE a keyblade wielder? It makes the whole thing feel less special. Though thinking about it, does that mean that ALL of Organization 13 was made of Nobodies from keyblade wielders? But then why were Roxas and Xion the only ones that could use a keyblade? Why didn't they get redemption arcs like Axel did? 

Also noticed Marluxia's sister Strelitzia is in the KH4 trailer. 

Still have four hours of cutscenes left to go for Union X. It's starting to make more sense, but like WHY? Why is Tetsuya Nomura like this? 

Every answer leads to more questions. 
    I'm scared of what Dark Road is going to reveal
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,280 mod
    Keep leakin over a free game

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,703 jayfacer
    Yea if anything the fact it’s free is where the actual problem is. F2P leaves developers feeling like “It’s free, we don’t owe yall shit.”, which leads to minimal effort. Look how long it took Warzone to get a single new map lmao. For that reason I woulda preferred to pay the full $70 for Infinite cause it prolly woulda been a different story as far as content if it wasn’t free.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    NOCAP said:
    Free games can't suck? 
    NOCAP said:
    Its a dead game too. Shortest life span of any Halo ever, and it's free to boot. 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Won my first 2v2 tourney in rocket league
    NOCAP said:
    Campaign is $$ for those without game pass and it was eh
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,590 spicy boy
    Yeah, campaign sucked. MP is solid if it works lol. Content sucks though. 
    All of this MP shit is gay. I got Vanguard last week and it’s cool to fuck around with but anything cool is stuck behind a paywall. Cool I’m progressing in the battle pass, but I have to pay for it to unlock the goods that apparently I’m unlocking? These companies are making a killing over the pay pigs dropping $$$ to go around playing as snoop dogg in a WW2 game. Lmao

• Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Got the platinum in spungebub. Started Kaze and the wild masks
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    edited May 2022
    NOCAP said:
    All of this MP shit is gay. I got Vanguard last week and it’s cool to fuck around with but anything cool is stuck behind a paywall. Cool I’m progressing in the battle pass, but I have to pay for it to unlock the goods that apparently I’m unlocking? These companies are making a killing over the pay pigs dropping $$$ to go around playing as snoop dogg in a WW2 game. Lmao
    The battle pass is hardly even paid for lol. I paid $10 for the credits for the very first one in Cold War, and ever since they’ve all been free because each season awards enough credits to cop the next one for free, then rince wash repeat. Leaving the bundles as the only thing that you’re truly paying extra for.
    I don’t play enough to go through the whole pass in a season. 

I'd say the campaign only sucked by Halo standards. The core gameplay was fun but they could have done so much more with an open world than what they did.
    NOCAP said:
    The battle pass is hardly even paid for lol. I paid $10 for the credits for the very first one in Cold War, and ever since they’ve all been free because each season awards enough credits to cop the next one for free, then rince wash repeat. Leaving the bundles as the only thing that you’re truly paying extra for.
    Back with Modern Warfare 2019 I'd never have enough points for the next season pass because I'd use all the returned points on packs. I'm part of the problem
    edited May 2022
    Xeno said:
    I'd say the campaign only sucked by Halo standards. The core gameplay was fun but they could have done so much more with an open world than what they did.
    The campaign had great combat gameplay, and good level design in actual levels, but the story lacked and the open world sucked

The multiplayer is the best since Halo 3, but there's a severe lack of content, and they're focusing too much on esports balancing instead of just making a fun Halo game. And the cosmetics and progression system is garbage 
    Xeno said:
    NOCAP said:
    Back with Modern Warfare 2019 I'd never have enough points for the next season pass because I'd use all the returned points on packs. I'm part of the problem
    Oh I’ve definitely outright bought some bundles myself lmao, I’m jus saying if you do it right, the battle pass is a one time fee of $10 and then you forever get them free afterwards lol.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,590 spicy boy
    Xeno said:
    Yeah that’s basically what i meant. It was so boring to me outside of missions though that i gave up . 
    edited May 2022
    I’m at exactly 100 hours on Valhalla now and the fatigue on this game is setting in hard as fuck. Because even tho I’m now in the endgame finally, I STILL prolly have like 20-30 hours left smfh. And it’s clear, especially at this point in the game, that there was a lot of shit added to the game that literally serves zero purpose other than purposely trying to make it as long as possible. For instance, one of the higher level regions that you go to later in the game, Eurvicscire, is simultaneously the biggest region on the entire map, while also having the fewest fast travel points. Like shit like that is so fucking blatant. So you have these long stretches of land that you need to travel back and forth, always 1,000+ meters each way, worst part being that they’re literally completely blank stretches of fields and snow. So you’re pretty regularly doing nothing but riding a horse in a straight line for upwards of 3-5 minutes each time. Most regions are at least jam packed wit wealth, artifacts, mysteries, etc. but nope not on the biggest one on the map. Jus blank endless stretches of land wit a single collectible in the middle of nowhere, before you have to do that all over again to get to the next one. Jus adding pointless long ass travel time to the game purely to pad it and add length. Shit is stupid. And each region’s individual storyline is getting more and more redundant to the point that it’s pretty clear that they had a base game centered around prolly the first 8-10 regions and then after that they jus kept adding and adding and racking shit on jus strictly to fluff it up. Which supports what I originally said that this game could have easily been 70-80 hours instead, still felt huge, and missed absolutely nothing from the length/size cut.