Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    I hate that Dark Souls 2 made farming impossible, because enemies PERMENANTLY despawn after you kill enough of them, so you can't over level in it. It makes it so fucking frustrating. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Im about to lose my shit. DS2 is so much fucking harder than DS1 and DeS. I dont even know what to do. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,703 jayfacer
    This is the biggest “Suck my dick” ever I love it. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Finished Katana Zero. Was dope but it was short at like 5 hours to beat the main story. On to Into The Breach and Olliolli next
    WTF BRAIN HAS ERAQUS'S KEYBLADE!?
    @Dime2

• Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Finished Kaze and the Wild Mask. Give it a "this is fine"/10. Everyone days it's like an old school platformer and it gets close. There's couple things "off" with the movement that hold it back. Really short, ugly art outside the gameplay. The flow of the levels are really good. You can almost go through a whole level without stopping like Rayman origins
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    LMAOOOOO Yo so I was streaming Elden Ring on Twitch, Good Samaritan starts watching and says he wants to play co-op wit me. So he says he has over 400 hours on Elden Ring since launch and is on his like 30th NG+ cause he speedran a lot of em, and he abused the item duplication glitch on all the items so he had max amount of all the important shit. Ends up dropping 120 MILLION worth of those endgame Golden Runes. I shot from level 74 to 346. He also gave me all the talismans and endgame weapons so I am now level 346 and fully stocked without even being past Stormveil Castle/Godric. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Bout to fucking steamroll the game lmaoooo. I got lucky as fuck, shit literally fell in my lap. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,590 spicy boy
    Extreme hard pass on that. A big part of the fun of the game is just exploring and finding new tailsman and weapons. 

The reason the game is so hard is because it wants it to be rewarding. 

He also probably gave you the removed item that is getting people banned loo
    Bans only affect online play which I couldn’t care less about, I had it turned off anyways prior to him wanting to join my game cause the invaders were pissing me off and ruining the game. But either way, the item duplication glitch is a legitimate exploit, not a hack. He was on PS4 too, woulda been more questionable if he was PC. They might end up patching it out, but you can’t really ban people for a bug that you left in the game and forgot about. I ain’t worried about it.

But really, it changed nothing except saving me extra time, cause like I said, I didn’t really wanna tackle the game til I was over leveled at at least 200 anyways. So all he removed for me is hours on hours of repeating the exact same thing for runes lmao. Now I can jus dive straight into the meat of the game. Endgame sections are still gonna be bogus most likely either way tho.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Developers have never punished gamers for exploiting a glitch...

https://youtu.be/FuQlBxY-joI
    Bans only affect online play which I couldn’t care less about, I had it turned off anyways prior to him wanting to join my game cause the invaders were pissing me off and ruining the game. But either way, the item duplication glitch is a legitimate exploit, not a hack. He was on PS4 too, woulda been more questionable if he was PC. They might end up patching it out, but you can’t really ban people for a bug that you left in the game and forgot about. I ain’t worried about it.

But really, it changed nothing except saving me extra time, cause like I said, I didn’t really wanna tackle the game til I was over leveled at at least 200 anyways. So all he removed for me is hours on hours of repeating the exact same thing for runes lmao. Now I can jus dive straight into the meat of the game. Endgame sections are still gonna be bogus most likely either way tho.
    Yeah but by getting those tailsmen and weapons you effectively removed what actually makes the game good. 

The game is so good because its rewarding you for exploring somewhere, or finally beating a boss you couldn’t beat 2 days ago so you went to do some other shit. 

Idk. I just think that would take the fun out of this game.  
    Xeno said:
    Developers have never punished gamers for exploiting a glitch...

https://youtu.be/FuQlBxY-joI
    This is fucking HILARIOUS tho and it’s not like they were banning people from playing on the game. This is also combined wit that big ass troll thing that comes to defend the cows if you start slaughtering them to sell their pelts right?? First time I saw a video of that I was losing it for a good 10 minutes. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yeah but by getting those tailsmen and weapons you effectively removed what actually makes the game good. 

The game is so good because its rewarding you for exploring somewhere, or finally beating a boss you couldn’t beat 2 days ago so you went to do some other shit. 

I feel this too, but idk, for me it jus don’t bother me at all, if anything, I’m even more hype to get on tonight cause I’m now going to be making actual progress after almost 25 hours of stagnating lmao.
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,781 jayfacer
    @Dime2

Lmfao yup. Shit gets nuts
    Dime2 said:
    @Dime2

I have an hour left
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,781 jayfacer
    Dime2 said:
    @Dime2

I have an hour left
     That's where shit starts getting insane. It's been months and I'm not even sure it's a good insane. Its like Nomura did crack then dropped acid and whatever idea he came up with got incorporated 

I feel this too, but idk, for me it jus don’t bother me at all, if anything, I’m even more hype to get on tonight cause I’m now going to be making actual progress after almost 25 hours of stagnating lmao.
    I feel you. Some of it was a bitch. There were times when i had to just put it down for a day or two and then just come back because it was so frustrating .

Elden ring was just such a great experience for me. It honestly kind of brought my fire for gaming back. Ive played and paid for so many bullshit games over the years, that having a game that ran that smooth, and was just all around awesome, super refreshing.

since then ive been playing almost solely single player games and having a blast.
    Recently ive been playing a game called dysmantal. Its a really simple game, but it has a great gameplay loop of collecting resources and upgrading. Highly recommend unless you’re mc because its quite long snd grindy as well. 
    edited May 2022
    One thing that I truly don’t like about Elden Ring is how there’s absolutely no kind of like quest log. There’s no room for that in a game this massive. Like it’s one thing if the side quests and their quest givers are unmarked and you’re sposed to find them yourself by exploring, but the fact that there’s not at least a journal that marks down that the quest was started and what they even wanted you to do or where to go is bogus. Like shit like that is far from “hand holding” and the game would have lost nothing by simply keeping that in place. Because realistically, especially if you want to do every side mission for completion’s sake, 99% of people are going to use an external type of guide and checklist anyways. You wouldn’t even know if you’re missing one without a guide anyways because it’s not like it even has a “XX Out Of XX Completed” counter. It jus honestly gives me no motivation to even do the side quests, cause it feels like it’s an out of your way chore without any type of reward, especially since none of them are tied to trophies. There’s optional side bosses that are tied to trophies, but none of the side quests are. Unless there’s a couple that are required in order to unlock certain side bosses, not sure on that yet, but for the most part, you can jus go straight to the side bosses.
    edited May 2022
    Post edited by Rex_Capone420 on