Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,590 spicy boy
    I bought this game called dysmantal for 20 bucks. Its like a twin stick survivor zombie game, but its actually pretty cool. 

Its got a harvest craft upgrade loop that is entertaining and the map is huge. Im pumped to get deeper into it. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,703 jayfacer
    Ah. Well Elden Ring is still first cause at this point I’m too hype and don’t wanna hold it off any longer, but I have the feeling it’ll open the flood gates to try the other Souls games afterwards. I was leaning heavily towards the Demon’s Souls remake when it first came out but dodged it for the same reason as all the other Souls games lol. But after a lotta time spent on Elden Ring, I’ll prolly be more willing. Plus Bloodborne is one of the free PS4 games for PS5.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Bloodborne is my favorite of the bunch but I haven't played Elden Ring yet
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Some of the side challenges in the new Kirby are fucking ridiculous. 

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    That's always the best part of Kirby games

Picked up all 3 dark souls games recently. Gonna put these in my rotation like the Yakuza games
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,781 jayfacer
    Finally got my 100% platinums for FallOut 3, 4 and New Vegas. Also, platinumed the Battle For Bikini Bottom remake over the weekend lol 
    Battle For Bikini Bottom remake was a fun ass Platinum. 🤘🏻🤘🏻
    edited April 2022
    Jus saw today that there’s a new Assassin’s Creed game called Rift coming out apparently this year. It’s based around the character Basim from Valhalla and is set in his home country of Iraq. I guess it was originally sposed to be DLC for Valhalla but is expansive enough that it will be it’s own game. But the fact that it was sposed to be DLC should hopefully mean that it’s not stupid long and tops out at like 40 hours.

On the other hand, was reading more about the next main entry, Infinity, and it’s sounding ugly. Apparently it’s gonna be a live service game. Apparently they didn’t learn from Avengers that GaaS type shit does NOT work on adventure type games like this but we’ll see how that goes smh. But then again, I was thinking the other day how they damn near did Valhalla as a live service type game in ways since there was the gap in new releases. The base game itself was long as fuck, and then there were a lot of long ass DLCs, wit the most recent coming out last month when the game initially dropped in November 2020. And now even this new game is yet another expansion of it. It’s something they wanted you to return to and keep playing for a long time like a multiplayer game. So I guess they’re kind of already doing that, except in a live service game, it would be assumed that the add-ons would be free instead of paid DLCs like these have been. So we’ll have to see.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    I played elden ring for a bit but then I just went back to playing The Binding of Isaac :Repentance. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Started up a new playthrough of Skyrim to achievement hunt and see the anniversary upgrades. Still constant glitches without the unofficial patch mod which I can't turn on because mods disable achievements lmao
    Bout 70 hours in to Valhalla. Depending on what kinda time I can get in before the end of the weekend, I should hopefully be able to at least start Elden Ring by the end of next week. Already been watching build videos and shit ahead of time lmao.
    I played elden ring for a bit but then I just went back to playing The Binding of Isaac :Repentance. 
    Gonna cop tonight. What system you playing on? 
    Also I know none of y'all play overwatch anymore but holy shit overwatch 2 is basically an entirely different game.

- 5vs5 now instead of 6vs6. They got rid of one tank slot
    - nerfed shields or got rid of them completely for some heroes
    - nerfed all stun abilities in the game or got rid of them completely for some heroes
    -doomfist is a tank now

People are saying it feels more like a team deathmatch type game than a team based hero shooter. I have almost 2,000 hours in overwatch but I might hang it up when OW2 comes out 
    Sounds like I might like it more than the first. 🤔🤔 First one is aight but I hate how slow it is and how basically every character has an extreme handicap no matter what. 
    Also I know none of y'all play overwatch anymore but holy shit overwatch 2 is basically an entirely different game.

- 5vs5 now instead of 6vs6. They got rid of one tank slot
    - nerfed shields or got rid of them completely for some heroes
    - nerfed all stun abilities in the game or got rid of them completely for some heroes
    -doomfist is a tank now

People are saying it feels more like a team deathmatch type game than a team based hero shooter. I have almost 2,000 hours in overwatch but I might hang it up when OW2 comes out 
    They ruined the first one imo with their bad updates. I stopped right around the time Brigette came out, and I was already casual by that time. Every character I liked playing was completely nerfed or changed completely, and I got sick of relearning characters all the time. My hype for OW2 is near 0 at this point because of it. 

They had a good thing and squandered it. 
    Also, you’re on PC?? Wanted to try that beta but saw it was invite + PC only. 
    At this point I'm probably going to wait for a GOTY edition of Elden Ring so I get all the bug fixes and DLC on disc
    Ok. I finished watching all of Kingdom Hearts X[Chi] cutscenes, made sense until the very end. Anyone understand that?

And I'm about 4 hours (out of 12) into the Unchained/Union X cutscenes - and again, wtf is going on? 

I understood the majority of Kingdom Heart's story before this, but the mobile game lore is so bonkers. 

From what I understand: 
    X[Chi] shows the events of the keyblade war referenced throughout the main series, and introduces the Unions from Backcover. Keyblade war occurs, and the player character dies. Ephemer and Skuld go on to train the next generation of keyblade warriors... but then the character wakes up, and all the events of the game were a dream? And they're at Malificent's castle, and she mentions Sora - so this is taking place DURING Sora's story? How does that make any sense?

And from what I've read online Unchained X is a retelling of X[Chi] but it's an in-universe digital presentation of the events from X[Chi] with deviations that go into Union X. So what are the real events? 

And then what's up with the Disney worlds? The mobile games just tell the same stories as Birth By Sleep with the Disney princesses. And what's up with Ventus? 

I'm so lost now. 
    Gonna cop tonight. What system you playing on? 
     I have Repentance for both the Switch and the PS5. Mostly play on the PS5, but that was the last system to get the update. 
    Only got one game of bowling in, but switch sports seems like it’s gonna be a lot of fun.