Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,590 spicy boy
    Wait as long as you can to move in with her
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    If you have it, use the butchers blade. Great strength weapon, and gives life steal. 
    Been using an estoc +8 and the dragon bone smasher. Penetrator went down in a few hits with with biorr's help.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,703 jayfacer
    The fact that Snoop is a skin on COD now is fucking legendary lmao. Copped expeditiously. Ready for new record high incoming hard Rs to be thrown my way lmao.

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    If you have it, use the butchers blade. Great strength weapon, and gives life steal. 
    Been using an estoc +8 and the dragon bone smasher. Penetrator went down in a few hits with with biorr's help.
    Biorr's the man
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Also, I love the fact that they excluded Trophy Systems as a field upgrade because “They weren’t invented yet during WW2.”, but let’s gladly throw Snoop Dogg and glowing laser guns into WW2 lmfao.
    edited April 2022
    Got damn all 3 mfs on Angry Joe gave Elden Ring a 10/10. I’ve watched a lot of his reviews and that has to be the first time all 3 gave a game a perfect score. Joe himself said it’s actually prolly a 9/10, but that it was so insanely fun that he’s willing to forget it’s flaws and give it a 10 anyways lol.

Definitely next up after Valhalla it has been decided lmao. Too thirsty to play it at this point.
    Yo mc, need some help getting 2 trophies in demon souls.  Help a player beat a boss and kill while invading a player
    I dont have PSN 🙃
    New episode of Halo was so fucking fire got damn.
    Yeah I'd cancel already
    Only reason Im waiting is it was $80 and a $80 PS4 is a steal
    Got damn bro I’m 40+ hours into Valhalla and I only got 5 out of the required 21 regions 100% completed. 4 of the main map ones and then the Asgard dream world. Granted a few of the remaining ones are tiny but it still don’t make much of a difference overall. This is definitely lookin like it’s shaping out to be like a 140 hour playthrough. 

It’s crazy too because this is prolly objectively the best Assassin’s Creed game in the series, it’s everything about the series taken to the absolute max lol. Problem is that it’s in excess. The game is extremely well made and not a soul could knock the work put into this because it’s absolutely meticulous, but there’s jus too much of everything. Literally my only complaint is the length. I feel like you could halve that and clock this in at 70-80 hours max and it would still feel like the ultimate Assassin’s Creed but without the fluff. This will definitely be the longest game I ever played when all is said and done. 

From this point forward in the series, I feel like they need to downsize. A repeat of this length and size would be acceptable I guess, but if they were to go even bigger and hit like a 200 hour game, I think that would severely hurt their sales. I remember Odyssey took me jus short of 100 hours to Platinum and even that felt like a mission, so when I seen Valhalla was bigger than even that I was like you gotta be fucking kidding me lmao. So if they were to pull that same shit and dwarf Valhalla wit the next one, there’s very few that are gonna have the interest and patience for that, when the size already threw a lotta people off of what is otherwise a great game. Going bigger and bigger definitely further impresses on a technical level, but for gameplay purposes, it’s better to jus be more concise and focused.
    I will say tho that it’s one of the most immersive and engrossing games that I ever played. I even had a dream about it last night after I got off of it lmao. The open world and how alive it all feels is second to none. When it’s played as intended and you put in long sessions and really sink into it, you definitely start feeling like you’re actually a part of it all. But Goddamn it’s jus so much of everything lmao.
    Got the online trophies for demon souls. Really annoying to get. Doing a ng+ so I can get the rest of the spells and get the platinum. 4 bosses down so far.
    I will say tho that it’s one of the most immersive and engrossing games that I ever played. I even had a dream about it last night after I got off of it lmao. The open world and how alive it all feels is second to none. When it’s played as intended and you put in long sessions and really sink into it, you definitely start feeling like you’re actually a part of it all. But Goddamn it’s jus so much of everything lmao.
    While i don't disagree that it’s probably the best world they have built, its far from second to none lol. 

Its pretty generic. Sure it looks cool, but there is not anything special or unique about it. Every item/area is literally a copy and paste from region to region. 

Go here - kill everyone - open chest. Repeat.

boring af
    Granted its a fun game for like 80 hours. But the game would be fine in size if you had to actually do different stuff. 
    Another 10/10?
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Red Dead 2 is the best open world and it's not even close