Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Maneater is super dope. Already got the platinum lol took 11 hours. If nothing else, it’s definitely the most unique game of 2020. It’s really it’s own thing and I’ve never played anything exactly like it. Closest comparison I can think of was this game on PS2 where you play as a dolphin. I think it was called Eco or something. But this shit is shark GTA and dumb fun at it‘s best. It’s not the most polished, and there’s a reason it wasn’t a full priced game right from launch, and the overall combat and gameplay is extremely simplistic, but it’s a short, unique experience that is definitely worth it. The whole game is narrated like an Animal Planet type documentary, which was funny as fuck at times. Personal bonus for me cause of my passion for sea creatures, so this was a really dope setting. It really woulda added so much if they truly fleshed out the roster of fish species that were in here and had everything. It’s kinda limited as is. But this was especially worth it since it was free for PS+ in January, but definitely cop this if you catch it on sale for like $20. 8/10
    I wanted Maneater, but since they went Epic exclusive with it, nope
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Ecco the Dolphin you filthy casual and it was originally a Genesis game. 
    I honestly didn't even know there were ones after the genesis
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Probably a port of the genesis version on ps2 or something 
    edited March 2021
    The PS2 one is different. Its 3D and stuff 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    Maneater is super dope. Already got the platinum lol took 11 hours. If nothing else, it’s definitely the most unique game of 2020. It’s really it’s own thing and I’ve never played anything exactly like it. Closest comparison I can think of was this game on PS2 where you play as a dolphin. I think it was called Eco or something. But this shit is shark GTA and dumb fun at it‘s best. It’s not the most polished, and there’s a reason it wasn’t a full priced game right from launch, and the overall combat and gameplay is extremely simplistic, but it’s a short, unique experience that is definitely worth it. The whole game is narrated like an Animal Planet type documentary, which was funny as fuck at times. Personal bonus for me cause of my passion for sea creatures, so this was a really dope setting. It really woulda added so much if they truly fleshed out the roster of fish species that were in here and had everything. It’s kinda limited as is. But this was especially worth it since it was free for PS+ in January, but definitely cop this if you catch it on sale for like $20. 8/10
    What does that mean lmao I don’t play PC.
    Currently playing Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare. Since I been playing so much Cold War, it made me wanna check out all the COD campaigns I missed, especially since they’re all short and quick to run thru. I had played all of them up til Black Ops 2, but I missed MW2, MW3, Ghosts, Advanced Warfare, Black Ops 3, WW2, and Black Ops 4. 

I copped AW and BO4 for $10 each, and then Black Ops 3 is one of the 20 free PS4 games for PS5 players, so I’ll play that next. BO4 is multiplayer only and has no campaign, so I’ll check that out whenever. Ghosts and WW2 I’ll prolly never get around to, especially WW2, cause I have no interest in going backwards and doing WW2 yet again when it’s already overdone. I’ll prolly cop the remaster for MW2 when I see it on sale, especially since it was confirmed MW3 is getting a remaster as well.

Getting back to AW tho, it’s great and I’m having a good time wit it, but I do see why it pissed so many people off at the time. It’s a good FPS, but this definitely ain’t COD. It feels more like Killzone or Titanfall, maybe like a hybrid of the 2. I can’t fault them for trying something new, especially when it’s a yearly series, but the core fans are expecting a certain type of game, so I see why this was polarizing. 

Also, it’s interesting to see the graphical difference. This is a 7 year old, early PS4 game that was cross platform and also on PS3 at the end of it’s life cycle. It still looks good without feeling like I’m playing an old game, but it still looks dated enough to where you truly realize how the jump in graphics from late PS3 to PS5 was all in the fine details, and while it wasn’t as much of a major day and night jump as PS2 to PS3, there’s still been a huge difference underneath the surface.
    Finished it. Solid as fuck. Took bout 8 hours. 8/10

Moving to Black Ops 3 now.
    edited March 2021
    Epic has their own launcher/store, and they've been giving games advances to keep them exclusive to their stores. Publishers have been taking the deals because they get so much in advance, they dont care if they sell any copies. They leave their store pages up on Steam too for free advertising, and I just find it scummy business practice. 

Their exclusivity practices, mixed with their partnership with Tencent, lawsuits with Apple and Google, security issues, and barebones launcher service are just bad for the PC community, so I avoid using them. Which means I dont buy any games exclusive to them until and unless they also come out on Steam or GOG. 
    Sort of dumb but I wouldn't miss games I want to play because of that
    Epic has their own launcher/store, and they've been giving games advances to keep them exclusive to their stores. Publishers have been taking the deals because they get so much in advance, they dont care if they sell any copies. They leave their store pages up on Steam too for free advertising, and I just find it scummy business practice. 

Their exclusivity practices, mixed with their partnership with Tencent, lawsuits with Apple and Google, security issues, and barebones launcher service are just bad for the PC community, so I avoid using them. Which means I dont buy any games exclusive to them until and unless they also come out on Steam or GOG. 
    So....is Epic extra money? Or it’s free and this is jus a pretentious hipster “I refuse to support them in any form” stance? Because that literally sounds no different to me than Nintendo making sure their games stay exclusive, or Sony paying to make sure games stay exclusive instead of multiplatform. End of the day, mfs gotta make their money. 

So....is Epic extra money? Or it’s free and this is jus a pretentious hipster “I refuse to support them in any form” stance? Because that literally sounds no different to me than Nintendo making sure their games stay exclusive, or Sony paying to make sure games stay exclusive instead of multiplatform. End of the day, mfs gotta make their money. 
    Like you said, you're not a PC gamer. We care about things like this. 
    If up to me, there would be NO exclusivity. Consoles included. 

There has never been third party exclusivity until Epic decided to try it. None of the other launchers do that. I wouldnt care if it was first party, but third party shouldnt be exclusive. 

Plus I try to keep away from Tencent, who owns 40% of Epic Games, they're an untrustworthy company that is currently on trial for leaking information to the CCP. Plus Epic got caught readimg files on people's computers, including Steam personal information without permission. 

I dont like their business practices, so I choose not to support them. Just like people who dont eat at Chik Fil A, or order from Amazon. 

Besides that, their launcher is just garbage anyways. It doesnt even have basic things like a shopping cart or reviews. People have to use Steam to fix issues with games on Epic. 
    I'd boycott Epic with you long before giving up Chik Fil A
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I'm with MC on this one. PC gaming just has different standards than the fuck shit consoles pull. PC has always been more consumer friendly.

Remember when Bethesda tried to get people to start paying for mods? People threw a fit and they changed it. Sometimes you gotta push back on these companies or they'll just start fucking you with shitty business practices. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,586 spicy boy
    edited March 2021
    Cot damn chick fill a is so overrated
    suck my dick from the back
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Chik fil A is good but also overrated
    We have had this discussion. The only thing dank is the sauce. 

Literally everything on the popeyes menu is better than the best thing at chick fill a
    edited March 2021
    Fuck it, it needed to be said twice

Literally everything on the popeyes menu is better than the best thing at chick fill a
    Chik fil A is good but also overrated
    i know i just want that rexy sloppy toppy
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Speaking of chik fil a sauce, they're selling the shit by the pint now. I grabbed one from the grocery store up the street from me.