Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,586 spicy boy
    Yeah, you’re judging the game off of one hour of play. 

Thats basically the same but reverse of me sucking off cyberpunk from the back the first 10 hours. 

Im finding that i need at least 10 hours with a game before i am able to really
    figure Out its strengths and its flaws.

give it some time. 
    10 hours in, the game should be close to finished lol 
    No. Not for 60 bucks. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy

Thats basically the same but reverse of me sucking off cyberpunk from the back the first 10 hours. 

give it some time. 
    No. Not for 60 bucks. 
    Yea. 10-15 hours is the sweet spot. Im so over long games now. Length is not a determinant of quality. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,657 spicy boy
    Holy fuck I wish red dead was longer. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy

give it some time. 
    Lmao 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies

And dont come at me with that "this isnt for you anymore" bullshit. Get your own things. 
    By your own admission, it isn't. The game was already made. People like it. You don't. Adapt, improvise, overcome
    Xeno said:

And dont come at me with that "this isnt for you anymore" bullshit. Get your own things. 
    By your own admission, it isn't. The game was already made. People like it. You don't. Adapt, improvise, overcome
    This is the seventh game in a franchise

They could have made this game under another name. They didnt. They changed something that used to be great, and made it garbage. 

Again, get your own thing. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,586 spicy boy
    edited March 2021
    Most people who are creative dont like making the same thing over and over. Pretty much insanity by definition.  How many bands make the same album over and over again? Things evolve with time. 

You’re entitled to your opinion, but you are also responsible to know and admit when you are wrong lol. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    Xeno said:

They could have made this game under another name. They didnt. They changed something that used to be great, and made it garbage. 

Except it's now widely considered as the best GOW by a LOT of people.
    Xeno said:

Those people have bad taste
    Its fucking awful

First 20 mins was walking and talking. The combat system is one of the worst I have ever played in a game. It doesnt remotely feel, look, or play like a God of War game. 
     Less mindless button mashing and more actual thought to it.

Rapidly switching between the axe and blades and pulling off nasty ass dual combos>>>>>>>>>>
    When was the last time you played a classic God of War game? Or a similar action game like Devil May Cry or Bayonetta? 

The old God of War games had much deeper combat, and werent just "mindless button mashers". Thats a false narrative pushed to make the new game seem better and deeper. Same with "this story is actually deep, and Kratos isnt just angry anymore". The story has ALWAYS been deep. Kratos has ALWAYS been more than just angry. And he's ALWAYS been a loving and caring father, we see that through the entire series. I hate that this game as ruined people's opinions of the old games. 

In God of War 3 for example, you have basic light and heavy attack combos, light and heavy special attacks, 4 different grapple attacks, jumping, aeral combos, aeral special moves, areal grapples, a roll, a counter/block, 4 different items to use in combat, 10 different monster summons, and 4 different weapons each with their own combos and special moves, different magic attacks for each weapon, and all 4 could be switched on the fly, with finisher move minigames which granted health or magic so they had to be strategically planned for in battle to maximize efficiency.

There was so much depth to the combat. So many different options given the player. And if you just "mashed attack" on harder difficulties, you wouldnt get very far. And mastering these systems allowed you to pull off 1000 hit combos, and awarded you with extra experience for pulling it off. 

This game is more button mash-y. With no real combo systems, grapples, special move systems, or items, you literally do just spam light and heavy attacks, with blocking and dodging so you dont die. 
    Never addressed this btw

2018 has objectively weaker combat when compared to GoW3
    Xeno said:

Lol no

Plenty of fans of the old games enjoyed it. I played GOW3 before it and still enjoy both. You don't own shit
    Xeno said:

Late with jobe's request

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Xeno said:

We’re so close. 

Inb4 “true fans”

Pass the god damn butter.
    Xeno said:
    I've never seen a gatekeeper so helplessly beaten down that all they can do is plead that people stop liking the franchises they do
    Dude, Im just sick of all the things I like being changed into something they're not. 

Congratulations, you like both though. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    edited March 2021
    How is it something it’s not when the creators themselves made it so lmao.

It’s like when an artist/band changes their sound and experiments and a fan says “THIS AIN’T REAL _____ MUSIC.”

Well the real ______ themselves made it, sooo.
    Artists can make crappy things.
    Just because I like Metallica doesnt mean I have to like Load, Reload, or St. Anger. Those feel like mistep albums, and theyre no longer the same band. 

Same thing here. Its God of War in name only. It doesnt look, sound, feel, or play like what a God of War game was. Its become something else entirely. 

If you like it cool, Im happy for you. But of a fan of Thing A, Im sad they will no longer be making it
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Awww.  God of War hurt Aaron’s feelings.  
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Awww.  God of War hurt Aaron’s feelings.  
    Nah its just a shit game 
    For the record, there are "new" "changed" things that I like too. 

I like the new Fallout games. But I understand and recognize that they're not really Fallout games. And understand why a fan of the originals might not also like the new ones, or would prefer Wasteland more. And Id love if they released a Fallout like the originals again to appease those fans as well.