Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Xeno said:
    Xeno said:
    you wouldn't obsess over your hatred of new things if you didn't enjoy getting dudes on your cock
    There's a fuck ton of new things I love. A fuck ton I talk about all the time. You all fixate on the things I dont

Ive been doing nothing but hyping Doom Eternal, Dread X, Shantae, and shit like that. Crickets. The second I say I dont like something, all of a sudden you chime in. 

And its not like Im bitching about a franchise I dont like. I grew up with God of War. I loved the old games... I stayed mostly silent about LoU2, aside from a couple troll jabs. I never chime in about CoD or AssCreed, or GTA or Red Dead - those have never been games I enjoyed, but yea, all I am is negative 🙄🙄
    I'm confused, you genuinely want an empty vacuum to call your criticisms into?
    No, but maybe recognize the positives I say about a lot of things too instead of just bitching "wahhh all MC does is hates things" 

God forbid I dont love every fucking thing made
    I never said you didn't like anything but the things you do like, even in the rare occasions of new IPs, are always built on formulas you liked as a kid.

That's fine but some awareness goes a long way. You act like the flak you catch for unwillingness to accept change is unprecedented, like you never go on tirades about the people you perceive enable the change
    Also I could have sworn the post ending in eyerolls was written by a passive aggressive girlfriend
    But you already know that nobody's saying you don't like anything. You're just falsely reductifying everything and cocooning up instead of addressing the actual argument as you often do under feelings of persecution
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Inb4 “true fans”
    How did I know you'd be all on my cock for not liking it

I dont like it. Sorry 

I’m not on your cock, I’m laughing at your bullshit. Why even play it? (fuck outta here with dat it’s fer mah channel bruh) You clearly made your mind up and formed all of your opinions 2 years prior to even playing the game. Turn it off and write the review. You’re  not evaluating it with an impartial eye, checking out the soundtrack with an open ear, giving the combat an actual chance to grow on you, trying to appreciate the lighting or story aspects of the game, or trying to immerse yourself into the game. You made your mind up long ago and all you want is confirmation bias. 

Fake as fuck. 

Yes, I am 100% only playing through this to dunk on it on my channel. 

Boom. Going in with an agenda to hate the game, doesn’t like the game, is shocked when we roast him for hating the game. 

You did the same thing with pussy in 2016 😂
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Xeno said:
    Xeno said:
    Xeno said:
    you wouldn't obsess over your hatred of new things if you didn't enjoy getting dudes on your cock
    There's a fuck ton of new things I love. A fuck ton I talk about all the time. You all fixate on the things I dont

Ive been doing nothing but hyping Doom Eternal, Dread X, Shantae, and shit like that. Crickets. The second I say I dont like something, all of a sudden you chime in. 

And its not like Im bitching about a franchise I dont like. I grew up with God of War. I loved the old games... I stayed mostly silent about LoU2, aside from a couple troll jabs. I never chime in about CoD or AssCreed, or GTA or Red Dead - those have never been games I enjoyed, but yea, all I am is negative 🙄🙄
    No, but maybe recognize the positives I say about a lot of things too instead of just bitching "wahhh all MC does is hates things" 

I never said you didn't like anything but the things you do like, even in the rare occasions of new IPs, are always built on formulas you liked as a kid.

That's fine but some awareness goes a long way. You act like the flak you catch for unwillingness to accept change is unprecedented, like you never go on tirades about the people you perceive enable the change
    I mean, what new trends have there been im gaming in the last 10 years? 

Battle royales? Tried PUBG, it was ok. Wasnt my thing
    Cinematic games? I liked Uncharted 1-3. But overall I prefer games with more gameplay
    Hero shooters? I loved and played the shit out of Overwatch before they ruined it with bad patches. 
    Souls-likes? I love Demons Souls. I like Dark Souls and Bloodbourne. I even liked Jedi Fallen Order, so there's that?

So like, yea, I guess every other style of game is older? Like I dont get your argument there. 

I got into indie gaming, and horror games in college. So thats not from my childhood. Idk what else to tell ya. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Inb4 “true fans”
    How did I know you'd be all on my cock for not liking it

I dont like it. Sorry 

I’m not on your cock, I’m laughing at your bullshit. Why even play it? (fuck outta here with dat it’s fer mah channel bruh) You clearly made your mind up and formed all of your opinions 2 years prior to even playing the game. Turn it off and write the review. You’re  not evaluating it with an impartial eye, checking out the soundtrack with an open ear, giving the combat an actual chance to grow on you, trying to appreciate the lighting or story aspects of the game, or trying to immerse yourself into the game. You made your mind up long ago and all you want is confirmation bias. 

Fake as fuck. 

Yes, I am 100% only playing through this to dunk on it on my channel. 

Boom. Going in with an agenda to hate the game, doesn’t like the game, is shocked when we roast him for hating the game. 

You did the same thing with pussy in 2016 😂
    And yet, here I am having tried both. Changed my mind on one. Am finding my initial thoughts right on the other. Woah
    Your intial thoughts came from whiny ass youtubers you agree with about other pissy shit. You even agreed so hard and soearly you didn’t have to play the game yourself. You just claimed their thoughts and opinions as your own. Easy. Comfortable. Like a favorite chair and some cozy slippers. Play the game and think for yourself? You didn’t need to. You let others do it for you. Coped their thoughts. Of course your initial thoughts seems spot on, they seem so familiar, like you watched them in a video or something. 

Woah. 
    You gonna watch Falcon and The Winter Soldier live with us or should I just wait for critical drinker to post your opinion?
    Your intial thoughts came from whiny ass youtubers you agree with about other pissy shit. You even agreed so hard and soearly you didn’t have to play the game yourself. You just claimed their thoughts and opinions as your own. Easy. Comfortable. Like a favorite chair and some cozy slippers. Play the game and think for yourself? You didn’t need to. You let others do it for you. Coped their thoughts. Of course your initial thoughts seems spot on, they seem so familiar, like you watched them in a video or something. 

Woah. 
    Holy shit, its almost like reviews and analysis videos actually can help you find games you will or wont like. 

Everyone has preconcieved bias. Everyone has things they do and dont like. Fuck off
    Xeno said:
    Xeno said:

I'll take the hit for making a personal joke off the bat but saying that nobody here ever discusses things you like with you just straight up isn't true 😂
    You gonna watch Falcon and The Winter Soldier live with us or should I just wait for critical drinker to post your opinion?
    Serious answer: Im struggling to keep up with the shows Im already watching. I just have a hard time getting invested with TV

Semi-joke answer: Critical Drinker thinks Godzilla vs King Kong looks stupid, so fuck him. 
    You got 1/2 an hour a week to watch with us. Don’t be a cunt. 
    When is that hitting?
    Friday. 

Marvel Legends has character recaps up already, plus the making of WandaVision (Marvel Assembled) dropped this past Friday. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    Its fucking awful

First 20 mins was walking and talking. The combat system is one of the worst I have ever played in a game. It doesnt remotely feel, look, or play like a God of War game. 
    Worst you ever played? It’s an extremely fluid combat system. Your comment makes it sound as if it’s broken. You’re mad cause it’s more Dark Souls-esque and not hack and slash anymore.

My only complaint initially is that it felt slow, but shit definitely speeds up once you get the Blades Of Chaos, and when all was said and done, I actually ended up liking it more than the original GOW combat system. Less mindless button mashing and more actual thought to it.

Rapidly switching between the axe and blades and pulling off nasty ass dual combos>>>>>>>>>>
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    And on top of that, there’s a reason it’s considered a soft reboot of the series and wasn’t titled God Of War 4. Of course it’s different that’s literally the point lmao.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,586 spicy boy
    Yeah, you’re judging the game off of one hour of play. 

Thats basically the same but reverse of me sucking off cyberpunk from the back the first 10 hours. 

Im finding that i need at least 10 hours with a game before i am able to really
    figure Out its strengths and its flaws.

give it some time. 
    Its fucking awful

First 20 mins was walking and talking. The combat system is one of the worst I have ever played in a game. It doesnt remotely feel, look, or play like a God of War game. 
    Worst you ever played? It’s an extremely fluid combat system. Your comment makes it sound as if it’s broken. You’re mad cause it’s more Dark Souls-esque and not hack and slash anymore.

My only complaint initially is that it felt slow, but shit definitely speeds up once you get the Blades Of Chaos, and when all was said and done, I actually ended up liking it more than the original GOW combat system. Less mindless button mashing and more actual thought to it.

Rapidly switching between the axe and blades and pulling off nasty ass dual combos>>>>>>>>>>
    I am playing on the hardest difficulty. Playing in the hardest difficulty forces you to learn and use the mechanics a game gives you to their fullest. 

Yes, I dont like the combat change. But its not just because its different (though I prefer faster/flashier action game combat for sure), it's because its restricting. The camera actively works against you. Not being able to jump, grapple, or juggle limits your combat options. Not having special moves limits your combat options. And playing on the hardest difficulty, even basic enemies can kill you in 3 hits. So every fight boils down to hitting an enemy once or twice, and then blocking or rolling out of the way. Its so tedious, and DOESNT FEEL LIKE GOD OF WAR. 

And on top of that, there’s a reason it’s considered a soft reboot of the series and wasn’t titled God Of War 4. Of course it’s different that’s literally the point lmao.
    Again, this is a sequel though. I wish they would have called it something else, or at least made a new protagonist instead of Kratos. It being a sequel means you come to expect certain things. I dont understand why creatives feel the need to completely change or take things away from established properties, instead of adding to them. Its baffling to me Corey Barlog took the game in this direction. 

And dont come at me with that "this isnt for you anymore" bullshit. Get your own things. 
    edited March 2021
    Yeah, you’re judging the game off of one hour of play. 

Thats basically the same but reverse of me sucking off cyberpunk from the back the first 10 hours. 

Im finding that i need at least 10 hours with a game before i am able to really
    figure Out its strengths and its flaws.

give it some time. 
    10 hours in, the game should be close to finished lol 
    edited March 2021
    Its fucking awful

Less mindless button mashing and more actual thought to it.

When was the last time you played a classic God of War game? Or a similar action game like Devil May Cry or Bayonetta? 

The old God of War games had much deeper combat, and werent just "mindless button mashers". Thats a false narrative pushed to make the new game seem better and deeper. Same with "this story is actually deep, and Kratos isnt just angry anymore". The story has ALWAYS been deep. Kratos has ALWAYS been more than just angry. And he's ALWAYS been a loving and caring father, we see that through the entire series. I hate that this game as ruined people's opinions of the old games. 

In God of War 3 for example, you have basic light and heavy attack combos, light and heavy special attacks, 4 different grapple attacks, jumping, aeral combos, aeral special moves, areal grapples, a roll, a counter/block, 4 different items to use in combat, 10 different monster summons, and 4 different weapons each with their own combos and special moves, different magic attacks for each weapon, and all 4 could be switched on the fly, with finisher move minigames which granted health or magic so they had to be strategically planned for in battle to maximize efficiency.

There was so much depth to the combat. So many different options given the player. And if you just "mashed attack" on harder difficulties, you wouldnt get very far. And mastering these systems allowed you to pull off 1000 hit combos, and awarded you with extra experience for pulling it off. 

This game is more button mash-y. With no real combo systems, grapples, special move systems, or items, you literally do just spam light and heavy attacks, with blocking and dodging so you dont die.